• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Black & White" anime to resume in UK this September: Episodes 1-14 repeated in ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
"Black & White" anime to resume in UK this September: Episodes 1-14 repeated in ...

New episodes of the "Pokémon: Black & White" anime series had been airing in the United Kingdom on CITV since June. Today, though, they began to re-air the series starting from the first episode. Bulbgarden moderator Joshawott contacted them to find out why the series was repeating so prematurely.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: "Black & White" anime to resume in UK this September: Episodes 1-14 repeated in .

/sigh

The only British broadcasting channel (out of our original 4) ever to commit to foreign television series was Channel 4 with shows like Friends, the Sopranos, Six Feet Under, ER etc. Along came BSkyB and they were just as good (LOST, a gazillion cop shows, Prison Break etc).

CITV is the children's departmet of ITV (aka channel 3) and like the majority of British broadcasters they see 'cartoons' as kids shows. "They won't mind if it's repeated! It's all flashing lights and bright colours!"

The BBC (channels 1 and 2) and ITV have REPEATEDLY (no pun intended) put amazing foreign programming either on far too late (Seinfeld was relegated to like 1 in the morning on bbc2) or several seasons behind on a sister channel (ITV4 is on like season 4 of the American Office).

Not to mention the British TV Licence fee only goes to the BBC! And they make horrendous shows with it like 'Cash in the Attic', 'My Family', and a gazillion dancing primetime shows -.-

/end rant

Re: "Black & White" anime to resume in UK this September: Episodes 1-14 repeated in .

In one of the earlier revisions of UK airdate announced for Pokémon: Black & White which is this one Revision as of 23:45, 27 May 2011 it says
If this schedule continues for as long as possible and no episodes are skipped, UK viewers will catch up with American fans in the weekend of Sept. 24, with the airing of BW034.
I think that this will take at least 7 weeks longer now because of this delay. I think it is still good that they are repeating in the Summer holiday because I missed all of episodes 3-14 because I don't watch TV during term time and I can record them on Virgin+ or Sky+ when they are repeated.

I do remember BBC2 airing the Simpsons everyday at around 6pm, with Malcom in the Middle straight afterwards for a few years...

Oh well, it's not such a big deal. The English dub episodes rarely premiere before America, and so I really don't mind that much. They're just continuing to adhere to the norm.

Check the link in the OP.

CITV replied: "Unfortunately, due to events in Japan earlier this year, the production of Season 14 of Pokemon [sic] was delayed. Consequently, we've chosen to repeat the first 14 episodes over the summer holidays when people might be away.
We will, however, return to new episodes from September and continue the series through to Autumn."

my rant wasn't needed :) yet...

I do remember BBC2 airing the Simpsons everyday at around 6pm, with Malcom in the Middle straight afterwards for a few years...

Those were the days. Getting home from school to watch the lineup, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle.

I didn't know CITV were doing that. I Skyplus BW. I guess I'm gonna have to delete them all if they're gonna just be repeats.

CITV is the children's departmet of ITV (aka channel 3) and like the majority of British broadcasters they see 'cartoons' as kids shows. "They won't mind if it's repeated! It's all flashing lights and bright colours!"
Pokémon is a kid's show. Also, pretty much all of British TV is repeats now. But hey, at least it's not as bad as some other kid's channels where you can watch a program at one time, and see it repeated on the same channel a few hours later.

In one of the earlier revisions of UK airdate announced for Pokémon: Black & White which is this one Revision as of 23:45, 27 May 2011 it says

If this schedule continues for as long as possible and no episodes are skipped, UK viewers will catch up with American fans in the weekend of Sept. 24, with the airing of BW034.

I think that this will take at least 7 weeks longer now because of this delay. I think it is still good that they are repeating in the Summer holiday because I missed all of episodes 3-14 because I don't watch TV during term time and I can record them on Virgin+ or Sky+ when they are repeated.

Bugger. Took me ages to work out the calculations there. :D

I think that if each episode is repeated once the airing of new episodes will resume on the 10 September and BW034 will be shown on 12 November if the schedule continues. :D

The response in the article says
We will, however, return to new episodes from September and continue the series through to Autumn.
I don't think they will have aired all of the season at the end of Autumn because most seasons are approximately 50 episodes each and if the schedule continues BW050 will be shown on 8 January but I expect it will be interrupted in the winter holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom