• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

He's supposed to be there after you beat Red.

Actually, he'll be there after you get the Magnet Pass (and subsequently, access to the roaming Latias/Latios), and after you get the Kanto starter from Oak.

@kvntrp

How are EVs calculated in a double battle?

Say I am battling a Audino and a Liepard with a Larvesta and a Samurott. If my Larvesta kills the Audino then my Samurott kills the Liepard, does Larvesta get the 2 HP EVs only or do both sides get 2 speed and 2 HP EVs?

On a side note, what about switching in and out? Is only the pokémon that kills the opponent rewarded with EVs?

Every Pokémon which gains experience also gains all the EVs yielded by the Pokémon which fainted. Exp. Share, switching in and out, and partners in double/triple battles all get the full EV yield provided they're alive at the time experience is given out.

Actually, he'll be there after you get the Magnet Pass (and subsequently, access to the roaming Latias/Latios), and after you get the Kanto starter from Oak.

@kvntrp

i got the magnet pass , i catch the roaming latios and i got a kanto starter from oak. but Steven Stone is not in Silph Co

Hm, that's strange. Did you already get a Hoenn starter from him? That's the only reason (besides having Rotom first in the party) that he shouldn't be there now.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

When looking for Feebas on route 119 in gen III, I know there's the 6 tiles that can have one, but my question is, can/will there be other pokemon in those tiles as well?

@.master shake: Yes, there will. However, when Feebas shows up in a tile, it's actually pretty common. You can fish about three or four times per tile and be fairly safe about not having missed it.

Which vitamins should I use on my chansey, so it will evolve faster?

What's the best way to get Moon Stones in Black? Hunting for dust clouds in caves or getting a Lilipup to a high level and hunting for them with Pickup?

Which vitamins should I use on my chansey, so it will evolve faster?

Any. Also a Soothe Bell works well without having to shell out on them. You can also use certain berries which lower a stat but raise happiness.

What's the best way to get Moon Stones in Black? Hunting for dust clouds in caves or getting a Lilipup to a high level and hunting for them with Pickup?

Either, because you aren't guaranteed to get a specific Moon Stone. Black City also sells them eventually.

Any. Also a Soothe Bell works well without having to shell out on them. You can also use certain berries which lower a stat but raise happiness.

Yeah, I gave it a Soothe Bell, and I'm using it to battle. I just figured giving it vitamins would make it evolve faster.

Oh, and how much vitamins should I feed it?

EDIT: Please, disregard my question. My chansey evolved, at Lv. 8! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

I've always been confused when it comes to evolutions and remakes. Specifically, let's say I trade a Gligar to my Soulsilver from whatever version I caught it in and have it hold a Razor Fang so I can evolve it. Will it evolve at all, or do I have to wait until after I get the pokedex upgrade? I can't find anything that tells me either way :[

Or, say I catch a Yanma in SoulSilver. Will it evolve after it's learned Ancient Power?

EDIT: Thanks, Ap!

Didn't think just a thank-you needed a new post. >>

Last edited:

In HeartGold and SoulSilver, they will evolve even before the national dex. Only FireRed and LeafGreen block evolution.

Either, because you aren't guaranteed to get a specific Moon Stone. Black City also sells them eventually.

But only if you have the right person there. Which would be Veteran Rosa apparently.

Pokemon Ruby - Battle Tower

What are the best Pokemon for the Battle Tower L-50

How many steps is Skyarrow Bridge?

Re: Pokemon Ruby - Battle Tower

Just a hint: This should be in the "Older Games" section of the forum. (Link)
That's the section for discussion of Gen 1-3 games. The main part of the forum is for Gen 4 and up.

Ok, So I just got a copt of emerald and I go to play it, when i start it says the games internal battery has died and time based events will not happen. First what I am wondering is can you play the whole game without the internal battery. Second I knew one of the guys I wanted to get was snorunt but he was as I remember in some cave thing and you had to go at a specific time so would that not work? and lastly how hard/ or easy is it to go and replace the internal battery of the game and should i do it, where is a good link that shows you hot to do it.

How do I breed a good IV pokemon without RNG? like having atleast 2 31 IV.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom