• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

How do I breed a good IV pokemon without RNG? like having atleast 2 31 IV.

The only way to do that is have parents with 31 IV's in at least one stat each. You can pass down one IV by having the parents hold one of the power items i.e. power anklet.

The only way to do that is have parents with 31 IV's in at least one stat each. You can pass down one IV by having the parents hold one of the power items i.e. power anklet.

So, does that mean my pokemon can only get 1 31 IV from breeding (non RNG)?

So, does that mean my pokemon can only get 1 31 IV from breeding (non RNG)?

It can only get one guaranteed 31 IV from breeding. When the offspring's IVs are generated, the game takes three IVs from the parents at random and generates the other three IVs out of thin air. If one of the parents has a power item, it forces the offspring to inherit the affected IV, but if you're lucky one or both of the other two inherited IVs might also be 31's from the parents.

It can only get one guaranteed 31 IV from breeding. When the offspring's IVs are generated, the game takes three IVs from the parents at random and generates the other three IVs out of thin air. If one of the parents has a power item, it forces the offspring to inherit the affected IV, but if you're lucky one or both of the other two inherited IVs might also be 31's from the parents.

To add to this: even then, you might get lucky and one of the other random IV's might be 31 (or all 3 :p ). If you could only get one 31 through regular IV breeding no-one would bother doing it.

How many steps is Skyarrow Bridge?

I just counted (yes I really have nothing to do) and I got 391 steps. Before that, I googled to see what others have got and found reports of 390, so it should be about that.

You need to chase down the grunt from Pastoria. Each time you talk to him, he will run off in the direction of Valor Lakefront but not go very far. After doing this several times, he'll eventually reach the Lakefront, and you'll battle. After defeating him, Cynthia will appear outside the Lakefront entrance and give you the Secret Potion for use on the Psyduck on Route 210. Several more tasks later, you'll be able to battle Fantina, and then much later you'll be able to get the key to get into the Galactic Veilstone Building; see here for an outline.

Bit of a late reply... but thanks, that worked a treat! I'm in Canalave now. :D

How many steps is Skyarrow Bridge?

Approximately 392 steps. (Yes, I counted.)

@Fennel - Don't forget to count the step that you take when you enter the bridge, since you had 391 ;)

Last edited:
Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

@turtlekid

1) yes you can play the game, you just can't grow berries or make a shell bell
2) that depends, go to your house, then to the clock in your room. if the clock stopped at a time between (3pm - 9pm or 3am - 9am) that means its permanently low tide at Shoal Cave, which will allow you to catch Spheal and Snorunt. If not, then you're out of luck there. The other thing you could do is restart and set the clock (to the game, not your DS) to any time between those hours.
3) depending on what you hear it can be easy, though you'd need tri-head screw (not sure of its official name) and of course the new battery. i do believe some soldering is needed (unless you care to only go the electrical tape route) Though honestly i'm not too sure :X

Last edited:

Which should I get for my first Pokemon? A Lillipup or a Patrat? Patrat and Watchog are good for hunting wild Pokemon because they can learn Hypnosis and Mean Look (and I think False Swipe too!) but their stats aren't as good. Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland are good attackers but as far I know, don't learn any of those moves at all.

Has anyone ever got a Dreamworld Omanyte? i ask because after getting a Lapras last night and having well over 10000 points thats the only sea dream world pokemon Ive never gotten. Supposedly its a default pokemon available form the beginning but even though Ive got all the rare ones I sitll cant find an Omanyte. Is it really out there and this is just one of those weird luck things or is there no such thing as a Dream world Omanyte?

Which should I get for my first Pokemon? A Lillipup or a Patrat? Patrat and Watchog are good for hunting wild Pokemon because they can learn Hypnosis and Mean Look (and I think False Swipe too!) but their stats aren't as good. Lillipup, Herdier, and Stoutland are good attackers but as far I know, don't learn any of those moves at all.

My lillipup, now Stoutland, has been an essential part of my team since it was captured. I have yet a use for Patrat/Watchog.

Id go with Lillipup at the beginning because its a better attacker-you can always train up a Watchog later for apturing pokemon.

Has anyone ever got a Dreamworld Omanyte? i ask because after getting a Lapras last night and having well over 10000 points thats the only sea dream world pokemon Ive never gotten. Supposedly its a default pokemon available form the beginning but even though Ive got all the rare ones I sitll cant find an Omanyte. Is it really out there and this is just one of those weird luck things or is there no such thing as a Dream world Omanyte?

Good News: It IS a Dream World Pokemon
Bad News: You are not having the best of luck

Hmmm... I'm probably not uing my elemental monkey this time, but I want a good Water type! Tirtouga or Ducklett? Also, should I get a Axew, Golett, or Joltik? I hear those are all good!

Hmmm... I'm probably not uing my elemental monkey this time, but I want a good Water type! Tirtouga or Ducklett? Also, should I get a Axew, Golett, or Joltik? I hear those are all good!

What about a Jellicent? And a Jolitk with Compound eyes, pair it with Thunder and you're laughing.

And a Carracosta with Shell Smash is rather formidable, especially if you give it a White Herb.

My suggestion would be going with Tirtouga for the water type. And both Golett and Joltik. Combine these two with a Litwick and you have a perfect team. If you don't need a dragon in the early game,get a Deino rather than Axew.

I have seen everything listed on Bulbapedia for every non-event Dream World area so I can say omanyte, and everything else listed, is indeed there. I'm guessing you're just having bad luck with that one. It took me forever to find a poliwag... though that does make more sense since it is rarer, it's odd an omanyte would give you so much trouble.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Is it possible for Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue to simply "get over" the corruption in data that Missingno. could cause?

A long time ago, I saved data in Pokemon Blue with Missingno. in my party and PC box, and so the data was corrupted, and when I tried to turn the game on again, the save data was gone; each time I tried to start a new game and save, the data would just delete itself again unless I saved right on the very first square the game starts on. This happened back sometime around 2003/2004, so why I kept the game myself knowing the issue is beyond me. When I found the game again after rummaging through some things, I turned it on and started playing again, expecting the worst, but instead of the data being destroyed, I've been able to save while having the first Pokemon, first battles, the Pokedex, and the Town Map.

I just want to know if I can just go on playing the game without any worries, or if I should be wary that Blue is just a time bomb waiting to go off again.

Thankfully one day after making the original post who should I find but Omanyte!!! :) My set of Sparkling Sea pokes is complete-Thanks for the replys
I have seen everything listed on Bulbapedia for every non-event Dream World area so I can say omanyte, and everything else listed, is indeed there. I'm guessing you're just having bad luck with that one. It took me forever to find a poliwag... though that does make more sense since it is rarer, it's odd an omanyte would give you so much trouble.

Does anyone know whether Protect stops Final Gambit working? Or if a Ghost-type stops it working?

I want to Sketch it, but it makes the user faint, and since it's an attack you can't use Taunt to stop it working (like you would with Memento).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom