• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

I want to trade a Petilil for a NPC's Cottonee, in Nacrene City. Will her Cottonee have a nickname, like previous Generations? And, if so, will it be unchangeable, like previous Generations?

I want to trade a Petilil for a NPC's Cottonee, in Nacrene City. Will her Cottonee have a nickname, like previous Generations? And, if so, will it be unchangeable, like previous Generations?

The Cottonee is nicknamed 'Fluffee' and you can't change it as far as I know.

Well you can always breed it for another. If I'm remembering right, it's female.

Well you can always breed it for another. If I'm remembering right, it's female.

I don't like breeding. Thank you, though.

I'll just deal with its permanent nickname.

Last edited:

I have a quesion regarding stat growth via leveling up. According to this Bulbapedia page, it is impossible, through leveling up, for a Pokémon to ever lose points in a stat unless it evolves into a Pokémon with a lower base stat value for that specific stat. While I know how your stat grow through leveling up is basically determined mainly by base stats, does this means I will not lose any point by delaying my Pokemon's evolution? Disregarding EVs, IVs, and Nature, of course.

That means, for example, two level 60 Samurotts trained in the same way, but one evolved from Dewott immediately at level 36 while the other one evolved at level 45, would have the same stats. Am I right?

I have a quesion regarding stat growth via leveling up. According to this Bulbapedia page, it is impossible, through leveling up, for a Pokémon to ever lose points in a stat unless it evolves into a Pokémon with a lower base stat value for that specific stat. While I know how your stat grow through leveling up is basically determined mainly by base stats, does this means I will not lose any point by delaying my Pokemon's evolution? Disregarding EVs, IVs, and Nature, of course.

That means, for example, two level 60 Samurotts trained in the same way, but one evolved from Dewott immediately at level 36 while the other one evolved at level 45, would have the same stats. Am I right?
Stats are recalculated upon evolution. The two Samurott should be the same.

Stats are recalculated upon evolution. The two Samurott should be the same.

Thanks for the confirmation. Delaying evolution for quicker move learning shouldn't cause a lower stats, then.

What is a better nature for a Zebstrika - Jolly or Adamant?

What is a better nature for a Zebstrika - Jolly or Adamant?

Probably depends on the ability. Motor Drive + Adamant is nice, but without it, it likes Jolly for its Speed.

When I tried to send a Pokémon to the Dream World, it said that I needed to wait a day, but the last time I connected was June 18. How can I fix this?

When I tried to send a Pokémon to the Dream World, it said that I needed to wait a day, but the last time I connected was June 18. How can I fix this?

Try again?

I've tried five times, and I've gotten that message every single time.
This can happen if you've had your game in a different DS (which is annoying, as the Gen IV-V transfer method requires two DSes, so it stands to reason that one of the games wouldn't be in your usual DS).

I have a question about White City and Black Forest. I now have both Black and White. When I first got to Black City in Black, it was completely empty, and White Forest in White had just a few people. So, I did the Entralink thing, talked to a bunch of people in both games, and some of them asked to move to Black City/White Forest. I ended up with around six people in both. Now, though, I seem to have hit a wall. I tried to recruit more people a few days later, but none of them actually come. They're there, I can talk to them... they just won't join me. Will I eventually be able to bring more people over, or am I stuck like this?

This can happen if you've had your game in a different DS (which is annoying, as the Gen IV-V transfer method requires two DSes, so it stands to reason that one of the games wouldn't be in your usual DS).

I have a question about White City and Black Forest. I now have both Black and White. When I first got to Black City in Black, it was completely empty, and White Forest in White had just a few people. So, I did the Entralink thing, talked to a bunch of people in both games, and some of them asked to move to Black City/White Forest. I ended up with around six people in both. Now, though, I seem to have hit a wall. I tried to recruit more people a few days later, but none of them actually come. They're there, I can talk to them... they just won't join me. Will I eventually be able to bring more people over, or am I stuck like this?

I think people have to leave Back City/White Forest before more can come. I think.

I've heard this, and I could understand it being the case if the areas were at their maximum population, but they don't seem to be there yet - I can catch five or six different Pokémon in White Forest, and there are five items on sale in Black City, so I assume this correlates to the number of people there. Most sources say that the maximum population is at least ten, so I'm not there yet.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

So I am playing emerald and have a question. Which hms do I actually need to get through the game? I know surf will be needed but what else because I don't always like wasting a move on a guy. For example cut and flash, I havent taught any guys those moves yet i just picked a guy from the box and taught it to him and took him out to use it when i needed to.

I'd suggest maybe are the people you're trying to bring over the same ones as you already have? (possible if the game that was visited never saved them being gone, so never added any more) Since you can only have one of each person in any one Forest/City.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom