• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to travel Johto again. It's still my favorite region, and I'd love to play through it again with updated graphics and music. Get my old team back together.

I'll also add that just because certain people didn't like the games doesn't mean that they shouldn't be made, as many other people do want them. If you don't want to spend thirty dollars for a remake, then no one's making you.

Johto was my favorite region. I'd just like to see it get updated graphics and such, maybe adjust the GL levels and such to make them a bit more of a challenge. The chance to play through a game with the Johto pokemon again (Cyndaquil!), instead of having to play through the game and transfer them over after you've already beaten the E4. *shrug* So pretty much just sentimental reasons for wanting GS remakes on my part, but whatever.

The chief problem with a remake is one has to wonder what they should do with Kanto? Port over the remade features of FireRed and LeafGreen and do cosmetic changes? Totally redo NeoKanto? Or wipe the region completely and do another Sevii Islands thing, but maybe with Gym Leaders?

Aside from that, obvious complaints that need to be fixed:
* Rebalance NPC teams, particularly Gym Leaders and Elite 4, so that they have more Pokemon and at higher levels.
* Include a Safari Zone in Johto.
* Include Contests
* Inclusion of the Poketch, or alter the PokeGear to have the Poketch's features.
* Evolution of old forms made easier. Don't restrict new evolutions until after the Elite Four are beaten. Being able to use newer Pokemon like Ambipom to fight Whitney or something makes for a fresh new experience, and only has positive effects on what would otherwise be a retread.
* Include Double Battles with new NPCs, of course.
* The Team Rocket returns storyline definately needs a better climax, and a much more satisfying payoff than two unnamed executives mewing like toddlers for Daddy Giovanni to come back. That was pathetic even by Pokemon storyline standards.

As for the storyline, they may as well make it clear that Silver is Giovanni's son - seeing as it's technically game canon thanks to Fr/Lg and is obviously quite a well known relationship in Japan anyway through PokeSpecial.

It'd also make for a better storyline.

I'd be happy to see Kanto gone from the game and Johto built up better. Johto was screwed over by the inclusion of Kanto in the original game and the entire game suffered because of it.

Basically, I want a proper game set in Johto, something much more worthy of it than the original G/S.

I also hope that we get to use the new evolutions for the Gyms - as that's a rather disappointing problem with D/P.

I'd also like the Underground Feature of DP included in GS, but even larger.

And a new Battle Frontier-like contraption in Johto wouldn't hurt either, to make up for the loss of Kanto.

Oh, how about a function to display the Pokédex keep tracking off the screen on one screen and play on the other? :D

I think it would be fun to have a fleshed-out Johto and Kanto, so bully me.

And everything everyone else said. :D

Doctor Oak said:
I also hope that we get to use the new evolutions for the Gyms - as that's a rather disappointing problem with D/P.
Eh? Does that mean the new evolutions of D/P aren't obtainble until after the eight gyms/Elite Four? :(

New forms for Shellos and Gastrodon!

Won't happen. Since if you traded them back to DP, the new form data would be absent.

Eh? Does that mean the new evolutions of D/P aren't obtainble until after the eight gyms/Elite Four? :(
Actually, you can get them before you get the National Dex.

You can't get the nesscary Pokemon without trading though, but someone traded me their Rhydon with Protector on it and it evolved on my game, and this was before I even had half the Sinnoh Dex.

All the new evolutions except Aipom's, Misdreavus' and Murkrow's aren't in the Sinnoh Dex and are only available after getting the National Dex.

So... yeah. And it's fairly lame.

I'd be happy to send any of the new DP Evo's lowest forms to you at the beginning of the game, from my Japanese Pearl.

I'll be sending Licki and Tangela to my English Diamond at the beginning, and then just level them up and I'll have them before the Elite Four.

All the new evolutions except Aipom's, Misdreavus' and Murkrow's aren't in the Sinnoh Dex and are only available after getting the National Dex.
It's just the fact you can't FIND the old ones that have new evos prior to the National Dex. Unlike FR/LG, it doesn't keep you from evolving them to new forms if you got them.

You could still do it like Arbok or to a greater extent, Deoxys and have the different forms in the game, they'd just change when sent back. I wouldn't mind having Gastrodon look green or yellow in Johto, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Something like.... a mix of FRLG's Kanto treatment, and Emerald's Hoenn treatment.

Totally redo Johto as far as the challenge goes, add some more features, like how Emerald treated Hoenn. As for Kanto, just give the 3 year changes to the FRLG maps, and slap them in. Yes, that means Sevii.

I agree, Johto was anal raped by Kanto in GSC. However, it should still be included, just given a much lesser importance.

The chief problem with a remake is one has to wonder what they should do with Kanto? Port over the remade features of FireRed and LeafGreen and do cosmetic changes? Totally redo NeoKanto? Or wipe the region completely and do another Sevii Islands thing, but maybe with Gym Leaders?

Aside from that, obvious complaints that need to be fixed:
* Rebalance NPC teams, particularly Gym Leaders and Elite 4, so that they have more Pokemon and at higher levels.
* Include a Safari Zone in Johto.
* Include Contests
* Inclusion of the Poketch, or alter the PokeGear to have the Poketch's features.
* Evolution of old forms made easier. Don't restrict new evolutions until after the Elite Four are beaten. Being able to use newer Pokemon like Ambipom to fight Whitney or something makes for a fresh new experience, and only has positive effects on what would otherwise be a retread.
* Include Double Battles with new NPCs, of course.
* The Team Rocket returns storyline definately needs a better climax, and a much more satisfying payoff than two unnamed executives mewing like toddlers for Daddy Giovanni to come back. That was pathetic even by Pokemon storyline standards.

Oh wow! That's right! Johto didn't have a safari zone! How did I forget that? Sheesh. I'd be interested to see what they'd do with the "Neo Kanto" part of the game... islands would be cool. Maybe the Orange Islands, but that's wishful thinking. Wasn't that part of the anime before Johto anyway? I think that's about the time I stopped watching.

Oh wow! That's right! Johto didn't have a safari zone! How did I forget that? Sheesh. I'd be interested to see what they'd do with the "Neo Kanto" part of the game... islands would be cool. Maybe the Orange Islands, but that's wishful thinking. Wasn't that part of the anime before Johto anyway? I think that's about the time I stopped watching.

Technically, there was a Safari Zone, but you can't access it because the door to the warp was removed because of the fear of the "Glitch City" Glitch.

And the Orange Islands did take place before Johto (and was created to stall time until G/S was released).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom