• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that Need Evolutions

Unown. Its stats aren't very statisfying.
It'd be interesting if there was an evolved form of one, with all the Unown designs clumped together, in one ultra evolution.

Including Manaphy and Phione? No offense - I'm just asking if this could count as breeding.

Erm, that was sarcasm. He was referencing that :p

mod hat: Nevertheless, guys, let's try to keep it on topic rather than debate what defines a legendary pokemon (although you can create another thread for that topic if you wish to continue this specific debate :p).

Um, I think Girafarig could be taken into a completely new direction with an evolution. Kinda like the evolution between Deerling and Sawsbuck, something like a little baby giraffe into a full grown psychic one that can step on you. T'would be quite cool IMO.

Qwilfish could do with an evolution. It could be a cross between a puffer fish and a U-boat.

I for one want another Hitmon-Evolution, whether it were another branch off Tyrogue or Hitmonchan, Lee and Top evolving.

And Machip, a baby before Machop, anyone? Of course, that would make the Machamp line the longest evolutionary line ever...

These Pokémon deserve an evolution, in my opinion:

Sableye
Mawile
Volbeat
Illumise
Torkoal
Tropius
Mightyena
Emolga
Pachirisu
Farfetch'd

I'll post some more later.

Dunsparce: Come on this guy looks like he could evolve into a Normal/Dragon Type. Heck I've even seen some awesome fanart of what he could evolve into. Needless to say, Dunsparce has tons of untapped potential and he needs to stop being useless

Farfetched: Fighting/Flying ftw!

Mawhile: This thing is absolutely weak and I think an evolution can improve her. An evolution with a steel/ghost combo would be appreciated.

Skarmory: You think he would've gotten an evolution years ago.

Giraffigig: Perhaps he can have a Dark/Psychic Evolution that's the size of a real giraffe.

pachirisu and emolga need evolutions... maybe make them thunderstone evolutions. I wouldn't mind the early game rodents getting another evolution either. So they are actually worth keeping past the second gym!

Farfetch'd, Jynx, Rapidash, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Delibird, Houndour (split evo), Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal, Chimecho, Swoobat, Audino, and Bascilin.

bingo.
And dunspace. PLEASE!:complain: Manwhile could use one too just to help her get some better stats.....
Oh!:idea: and I think a Victini evolution would be awesome.....omg I wonder what he'd look like?

Victini is a legendary. Legendaries don't evolve.

BTW, Miltank really needs an evolution. A cool looking one with good stats.

Legendaries don't evolve..... Are you even a true fan of pokemon? You really should know that. And Victini's stats are all 100. An evolution for it would be a million times pointless.

First off, Victini evolution was a suggestion. A "what would it be like?" as i stated in my response, a just picture it...moment. Second, DO NOT PULL MY FANDOM INTO QUESTION PLEASE! These are all just suggestions of pokemon that could use evolutions. Whether or not they actually do evolve or not is not the issue here. Try to be alittle more creative, however difficult it might be for you.
Victini is a legendary. Legendaries don't evolve.

BTW, Miltank really needs an evolution. A cool looking one with good stats.

But then
Tauros would need one too....

Last edited:
NONE OF THEM. Nooooo leave them alone. Not all Pokemon need to evolve or be the superestest besttest battler everz!!!! (Obviously a fish out of water in this topic, but I shall indeed voice my opinion. Black and White did us right! Actually, that could be a great new chant against making stupid new evolutions. It rhymes.)

mod hat: Let's try to keep discussion civil. We can debate without insulting each other.

Here are my ideas: Starters/ first route critters/ fossils/ special&legendary are excluded for obvious reasons. Also excluded are Pokemon which are part of a fix pattern, like no more than three in the evolution line or not evolving when already evolved via evolution stone.

1.Golduck: should evolve into a bigger Water/Psychic kappa.
2.Farfetch'ed: the obvious Fighting/Flying combo
3.Jynx: needs to evolve into a Wiking wich kinda thing
4.&5.Eevee: IMO the Dragon & Normal evolutions should end the circle. So there can be another multi-evolution Pokemon which accounts for the physical types.
6.Lanturn: I imagine a bigger dolphin-like appearance with the same type combo but more bulky stats. Can only evolve underwater.
7.Sudowoodo: after it spent more than a hundred years pretending to be a tree, it physically becomes one. Very big, rotten apperance. Rock/Grass.
8.Quagsire: same type combo, more HP & SpD
9.Girafarig: bigger giraffe, second half has become Dark typed. Dark/Psychic
10.Quilfish
11.Donphan: very big, wall-like look, curled up front-tooth. Stays Ground type. Slower than Donphan, but massive attack.
12.Sableye & 13.Mawile
14.Manectric: more intimidating and speedier. Purple and yellow are the main colours. Electric/Dark
15.Swalot: Big orange blob with grey cubes on his sides. Biggest defense stat of all Poison types.
16.Torkoal: should get a prevo and an evolution.
17. Cacturne
18. Banette: more marionette like with long strings attatched to the hands which it can use to cause slashes in its enemy. Ghost
19. Chimeco: wind-play with many bells and a ring levitating around it
20. it is discovered that there is a evolutionary connection between Luvdisc & Alomomola. similar to how it was discovered in Jotho by Prof Elm that Pikachu is an evolved Pokemon.
21. Drifblim: evolves into a giant zeppelin. (Drifburg) Only evolves when it has the ability Flare Boost.

I think the 6th generation will introduce around 100 new Pokemon. These 21 evolutions, around 5 prevos and the rest are new lines.
while making this list I found that there is no single Unova-mon that is in serious need of an evo or feels incomplete. Has anyone the same sensation?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom