• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Day in Poland planned for August 20: The first event of its kind in Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Day in Poland planned for August 20: The first event of its kind in Poland

Outside of the Japanese games, the only way to get a legitimate Celebi is through an event. This week, such an event is coming to Poland.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Day in Poland planned for August 20: The first event of its kind in Polan

First SDI audio mixing and painjobs, now the event, there's also upcoming Zoroark DVD... hopefully we'll keep getting more stuff and not be forgotten like in past years.

Re: Pokémon Day in Poland planned for August 20: The first event of its kind in Polan

Manaphy and Phione banned? That's a bit stupid, seeing as Phione isn't even legendary.

Ok... POLAND is getting a Celebi and Australia isn't... What gives, Nintendo of Australia?

Manaphy and Phione banned? That's a bit stupid, seeing as Phione isn't even legendary.
I assume they are just banning all event-exclusive stuff. The article doesn't mention which games it is using (although it should), but based on the banlist I assume it is Gen IV games.

Ok... POLAND is getting a Celebi and Australia isn't... What gives, Nintendo of Australia?
I could not agree more. Seriously, a country that has never had a local wireless event before gets the fateful encounter Celebi first. However, before I thought that we would never get it, but this means we might. Still, it will probably turn out to be another Regigigas.

So because Poland is getting Celebi, Australia obviously can't get it anymore ...? Or what are you trying to point out?

So because Poland is getting Celebi, Australia obviously can't get it anymore ...? Or what are you trying to point out?

Huh? I thought I said the exact opposite of this. That because Poland is getting it, that it shows they are still willing to give it out and there is now hope that Australia will get it. I did say that we probably won't anyway, but it this means it has gone from me thinking that it won't happen at all to me thinking it could happen, but is unlikely.

It means that the Pokemon Company International (or whoever) gets the ball rolling for the country of Poland before Australia. Personally, I'd say that the latter has a larger fandom, no offense to any Polish out there. It's great you're getting the event and all but c'mon Nintendo of Aus; tick-tock.

We're going with the official Nintendo banlist here, which bans all event Pokemon in addition to standard Uber legendaries. I agree that banning Phione is stupid, but hey, at least we've got a Sleep Clause!

Oh yes, and the tourney is for 4th Gen games. Personally I would prefer 5th, but eh.

I could not agree more. Seriously, a country that has never had a local wireless event before gets the fateful encounter Celebi first. However, before I thought that we would never get it, but this means we might. Still, it will probably turn out to be another Regigigas.

Hey, don't be hatin', we deserve our 2 minutes of glory once in a while! But seriously, I think we're just lucky to live in Europe, seeing as most European countries got their Celebi event sometime before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom