• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW043: Nyagotiator Nyarth! Zuruzukin Persuasion Tactics!!

What do you mean, Giovanni is still missing?! We can see him inside the R shaped TV screen.
There was more than this :p. I'm curious about the Sakaki part and the running away from the police part too.
Ah, I thought you meant the part when they all had lines... >.>
Nyarrator: We were executing a certain mission.
Nyarth: Leave this to me.
Nyarrator: But I failed. Word soon got out to headquarters, and I was to be fired.
Nyarth: Fired?!
Musashi: This is goodbye, Nyarth.
Kojirou: See you.
Nyarrator: Musashi and Kojirou left just like that, and I was alone under the heavens. Not knowing what to do from that shock, I just endlessly wandered...
Nyarth: ...and when I came to I was being rescued by you guys.

Are you saying females can't have deep voices, relatively? Not all females have high soprano voices.
I dont mean this ,they where was acting as if they where couples ,I mean what are two female pokemon doing in one nest ? with one bigger and has a deeper voice ? I think it was a stupid ridicules mistake made by the righters

You know the expression, it's always darkest before dawn... well after the endless night that was the Don Tournament, this episode made me say, "Here comes the sun!"

Good points (and there's a lot)

+ Nyasu: Oh hello, Nyasu's personality! Back from your sabbatical? Yeah, it was good to see Nyasu be scheming, sad, adorable, concerned, humourous all in one episode. I really liked the dynamics he brought with Satoshi and Dent, who both had polar opposite reactions to Nyasu. I also love that Nyasu's presence brought some personality out of Pikachu who was blander than bland since the last few years.

+ Pikachu and Satoshi: Hints of personality... more of this writers... please...

+ Dent: Once again, I love the nuances in Dent's characterization. He was the first to care about Nyasu and the first to trust him, felt the most concerned about him. I loved that he was really d'aaawww in that moment... only to go to super serious detective mode that was hilarious.

+ Zuruggu: Oh it is just the most adorably cute pokémon ever. He was hilarious when he tried to headbutt Nyasu. And I love how he learned Jumping Knee Kick: by observing it, gaining the knowledge from his evolved for, trying and failing at first and then getting it right in an otherwise inconsequential battle.

+ Tsutarja: She was hilarious when she just attacked Nyasu out of nowhere.

+ Zuruzukin: Ooooooooh I hope they don't pull that hooded look on Ash's Zuruzukin when Zuruggu evolves cause that didn't look good, but overall I liked this wild Zuruzukin, he was interesting and kinda touching.

+ The Rockets: They looked badass and wow setup for an arc in Raimon City.

Bad points

- Iris: If there's one character that let this episode down, it's Iris and for three reasons. First, she had no comedy moment in an episode where every character has at least one funny moment, including Satoshi and Pikachu... not good. Second, Kibago gets captured, and she does... nothing. Satoshi felt more concerned and angry about what was going on than she did. Third, she almost had no interactions with Nyasu, so the faux capture moment in the end really didn't feel earned and never really felt like it could have really happened.

Near perfect episode!

Nobody commenting on how amazing the animation was between Pokabu and Zuruzukin? It really highlighted Pokabu's strength.

Agreed!

They really showed off in that battle.... to be honest, it kinda reminded me of Flint vs Cynthia.

The battle against Mandibuzz was also well done.

isnt the pokedex entry states that mandibuzz creates her nest out of bones ??? cant see anybones in he nest !!
man these writers dont know anything about pokemon

Meanwhile, J/J are still in Nimbasa City in the middle of the night. They formulate the next phase of their plan. This mission was assigned to them by Professor Zager.
That was Anville Town.

Also, since I haven't seen all of the BW episodes, was this the first time with a Dent catchphrase not in English?
Dent: "It's 取調 Time!"

Also, since I haven't seen all of the BW episodes, was this the first time with a Dent catchphrase not in English?
Dent: "It's 取調 Time!"

In the episode with all the Monmen, Dent goes "IT'S KOUHAKU TIME~"

Agreed!

They really showed off in that battle.... to be honest, it kinda reminded me of Flint vs Cynthia.

The battle against Mandibuzz was also well done.

I bet the battle with scrafty was one of the best animated battle in pokemon I've ever seen, the animation,the drawing and the screen movement all was VERY well done

Aside from being an awesome episode overall, we also get a whole bunch of awesome new music too!

Aside from being an awesome episode overall, we also get a whole bunch of awesome new music too!
Hmm yes, the music in this episode was unusually good. I know they used a lot of movie music, but it felt still very refreshing. (I wonder if they have started using BGM from the Victini movies yet?)

Not to bring up the most boring of aspects of the show again, but on the subject of sound, like last week's episode, there were lots of new sound effects used here too.

Somehow, it's fitting that Meowth wasn't caught. It just wouldn't fit if he was assigned to a Poke Ball after 14 seasons of being an independent Pokemon. It's pretty obvious this is all just a set-up, but I've got the feeling that after travelling with them, Meowth may actually warm up to the "twerps" and actually like them. Also, it feels refreshing to see Scraggy FINALLY learn a new move. There's no way Axew could upgrade to a third move and Scraggy couldn't.

Third, she almost had no interactions with Nyasu, so the faux capture moment in the end really didn't feel earned and never really felt like it could have really happened.

That's just Iris's character. She thinks just by existing on-screen, she suddenly has access to Pokemon she didn't even really bond with.

Happened with Oshawott and Tepig but they got to reject her before she threw the Poke ball at them.

What was Meowth's dialogue after the capture attempt? Can anyone please write it here (in English)?

What was Meowth's dialogue after the capture attempt? Can anyone please write it here (in English)?
Nyarth: What are you doing?! You almost caught me! I don't want to be caught by anyone!
Iris: Really?
Nyarth: I can be of help even if I'm not caught.

Alright, I've cooled down after the last arc and decided and to not stop watching Pokemon, I just can't do thatXD
Todays episode was pretty good, boy am I glad Meowth wasn't caught by Iris, I was worried about that. Yes, I'm glad Meowth was in character and do hope he likes the gang by the end of the arc. I laughed when Meowth got angry at Iris for even trying LOL. I'm excited for how the arc turns out, hope we get an Ash & Meowth bonding episode, think that'd be cute. Also, loved how Ash was the one who didn't trust Meowth right away, wanted that.

Awesome ep! At this point, I'm guessing it's instinct for everyone to attack Nyasu. xD

I SO GLAD PIKACHU BEAT A POKEMON WITHOUT VOLT TACKLE OR ELECTRO BALL! That's refreshing, Electro Ball still isn't that impressive I would have liked keeping Volt Tackle but, oh well there's no use in dwelling in the past I suppose. One Hit Ko'ing it really shows how powerful he is. Showing more of his untrustingness to Nyasu, the guy who's been trying to steal him for a long time.

I loved the way Tsutarja used her Vine Whip to break Kibago out and save him and Zuruggu destracted him. Speaking of Zuruggu it's awesome he finally learned a new move now he can start battling! :) OH BUT, WAIT HE LEARNED A NEW MOVE WITH NO TRAINING, STRUGGLE, OR HARD WORK OH NO! BUT KIBAGO LEARNED A NEW MOVE WITH HARD WORK AND STRUGGLE. ZURUGGU SUDDENLY HAS THE ABILITY TO RUN, DODGE, AND JUMP AND BATTLE LIKE A PRO! JUST OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTA NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHHHHHHHHHHHERE GETTING LUCKY WITH THE ATTACK MISSING AND Taking out a poweful flying type with a powerful fighting move he got with no training! IN ONE ATTACK NO LESSSSSSSSSSSSSS Oh, wait it's ok because it's Satoshi's Pokemon Silly me. *bonks head*

Pokabu was freaking awesome also, the way he dodge and used his Nitro Charge and Ember attacks in correlation along with Tackle was so cool, YEP I defiantly feel like he needs a new move, he's come a long way from being a abandoned Pokemon. Makes me wanna train a Pokabu xD I hope we meet his training sooner or later but, he was cool that's for sure. This ep gave some time for Tsutarja, Zuruggu, Pikachu, and Pokabu and Doryuuzu, Hatooboh, Yanappu, and Mijumaru are getting there turn next week. I'm glad the writings are being nice and equal.

Zuruzukin is a crybaby I saw that coming, it's always the strong guys that turn out to be little cupcakes. Zuruggu was awesome though. Team Rocket just became awesome again. Nyasu he was cool too!

YEAH I LOVED KIBAGO'S CLOSE RANGE DRAGON RAGE TO ZURUZUKIN'S FACE! I learned in Elementary School if anybody ever tries to steal us that, we bite the hell outta of the thieves hand or pinky. In this case it's his Dragon Rage attack and it really was awesome since it destroyed the building. Seeing Iris show so much concern was sweet.

Dento was awesome. "SLEUTHING SOMMELIER SIGH-LAWN!"(Needed to fit in three S's :p)

Yeah, awesome eppy. Nice and epic. The comedy scenes thankfully didn't take up a load of time like in the past eps.

I find myself caring less and less about this show as time goes on. Even though this was a good episode, I can't compel myself to even care.

I find myself caring less and less about this show as time goes on. Even though this was a good episode, I can't compel myself to even care.

I see you cared enough to post...

Anyway, Loved Satoshi's expression when Iris tried catching Meowth.

BTW, who da man? I would like to remind everyone of my amazing predictions not but a few short weeks earlier. I get bragging rights.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom