• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Kami Trio and others to possibly appear in the anime this December

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
Thanks to some Bandai projector toys, we can confirm the Kami Trio will be in the anime this winter, probably in December. The page from Bandai's gachapon catalouge states under the trio, "Gachapon first appearance! Linked to the TV Series! Lineup of major-attention Pokemon with huge activity this winter!"

Please notice that the other Pokemon shown (the snakes and birds) have all appeared as gachapon before, so it would seem it is specifically referring to the trio! :D

My guess of December is based on Tomy MC Figures of the trio coming out on December 17th!

cloudtrio.jpg
aestivate: had to add tags !

Tomy MC preorders:
Amazon.co.jp Landorus
Amazon.co.jp Thundurus
Amazon.co.jp Tornadus

Very exciting?!?!?! Yeah!

EDIT: Scan confirming the episode airing in December

Confirmed to be in December by this scan

wwwdotuporg2024122.jpg
p.26
The adventures ahead will heat up even more!
Catch info on the Legendary Pokemon waiting along Satoshi's path! In a fearsome storm appear the trio of Tornalos, Voltolos and Landlos!! Why have they shown themselves? And, just how far does Team Rocket's plan extend... The adventure only gets hotter from here on out, so don't look away!!
p.27
|> In both hands, Tornalos prepares razor-sharp discus made from light! He attacks using the strength of the wind!?
<| Voltolos strikes back! It seems like the two are battling, but why!?
^ It looks like Landlos is stopping the pair fighting, but...? Just what does this painting depict...!?
Satoshi: Look forward to it!!
(-) The episode about these three is planned for broadcast in December! Look forward to it! (May differ in some regions)

New scan

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus to Appear in BW! this Winter

Well I guess that saved having to spend a movie on them?

*shrug*

I don't really like this trio of legends much.

Wow, how exciting! Let's hope they don't kill everyone. Legendaries have a bit of a habit of attracting or causing trouble.

Wow, how exciting! Let's hope they don't kill everyone. Legendaries have a bit of a habit of attracting or causing trouble.

I hope they kill each other. That would be more interesting.

This particular news would be more exciting if I didn't get the feeling that they would be thrown into fillers.

If that Snivy evolution line is indicative of anything, I could deifnately see it belonging to Shooti. Given his loss to Dento, I could see that compelling him to train his ass off.

At any rate, I'm not a fan of the trio either tbqh. But, I guess it'll be interesting to see how they are incorporated into the anime. IIRC they start appearing sometime during (before/after??) the 6th in the games. Will Ash have six badges by then? ....Nah.

Last edited:

I'm actually excited, because shenanigans always go down when Legendaries appear in the anime (unless your name is Darkrai/Cresselia) Hopefully they'll appear in time for my birthday :p They're all wearing the "PROBLEM?~" face. Trolltastic.

Sweet. I've actually been looking forward to seeing them even though I didn't think them anytime soon. So now I can be excited for something this winter.

I wonder if this is an indication that the BW movies will focus on only the most important legendaries.

Just like the Lake trio never got a movie back in DP, it seems to be the case here for this trio.

Well I guess that saved having to spend a movie on them?

*shrug*

I don't really like this trio of legends much.

Um, some legendary Pokemon get episodes and movies to themselves, so they can still be featured in a movie. Sure the episodes are after the movies, but 1 did appear in the Reshiram Movie and one was in the Zekrom movie, so technically, 2 of them have appeared before an anime episode.

Nice to see the Kami Trio appearing, I only like the blue one, Thundurus I think, but yeah, can't wait to see that one.

I don't really like the genies, so I'm not very excited. But I still think they'll appear in the Keldeo movie next year, because Suicune appeared in the first episode of Johto, and that was before M4, and Raikou appeared ages before its appearance in M13.

I've learned to really like this guys..so reading this. God..the uniqeness of more legendaries thrown out the window? I expect a lame COTD filled unexciting episode for them. -.-'

Very nice. It is surprising to see them in the anime.

But I still think they'll appear in the Keldeo movie next year, because Suicune appeared in the first episode of Johto, and that was before M4, and Raikou appeared ages before its appearance in M13.
The comparison is rather moot since Unova has 13 legendaries, whereas Johto had 6 (and yet Ho-Oh never appeared in a movie). Surely it makes more sense to base speculation such as this on the Sinnoh legendaries, of which the Lake trio and Cresselia were not given movie roles (nor was Phione if you consider it to be legendary).

It's practically a given that at least three of the Unova legendaries won't be featured in any movie. Those three might as well be the Kami trio, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Musketeer trio appeared in a TV special, as well. I wouldn't count on the anime showcasing Keldeo alongside its (foster) family, or on Kyurem ever appearing with Reshiram and Zekrom, either.

Oh please, the musketeer trio are infinitely more interesting than the genies, so I'm glad the genies get anime appearances and the musketeers can possibly show up in the movies. :p

Guess the Sonic Recolors of Pokemon aren't getting a movie appearance after all.

I actually think these guys are really cool, and have done since they were first revealed. I hope an appearance in the show can help people warm up to them a little more. If anything, at least it will show them all outside that same 'badass arm fold' pose, which is usually the biggest complaint.

Guess the Sonic Recolors of Pokemon aren't getting a movie appearance after all.
Plusle and Minun were over movie 7 like a fill tool over a Tails sprite!

I'm glad the least well designed legendaries aren't getting a movie. Hell, Thundurus and Tornadus even have the exact same base stats in the games >>

maybe it's connected to the upcomming Prof Oak storyline! That was spoilered in the anime scans! These legendaries doesnet look like they just wanna have fun! Hoping for some major fights and maybe some TP action!
Lookin forward to this!

maybe it's connected to the upcomming Prof Oak storyline! That was spoilered in the anime scans! These legendaries doesnet look like they just wanna have fun! Hoping for some major fights and maybe some TP action!
Lookin forward to this!

What are you talking about?

What storyline?

Lookin forward to this!
That "Professor Oak Storyline" turned out to be nothing more than a special shown at some space centre in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom