• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that Need Evolutions

Pinsir, Heracross, Delibird, Skarmory, Dunsparce, Corsola, and almost every other Pokemon that is not legendary, save for a select few. I always thought Tauros and Bouffalant would be evolutions same with Luvdisc and Alomomola. Maybe in gen 6 Tauros will get an evolution and then that will evolve into Bouffalant. Same with Luvdisc/ Alomomola.

What we really need is a Larvawesome, the cutting edge equivalent to Eevee for bugs! This immaculate baby-bug would be able to evolve into every other basic bug Pokemon in the game by being exposed to various items, places and people! It would be a Bug/Awesome type (a completely unique combination in the Pokemon world) and would have 1/255/255/255/255/1 base stats. It's ability would be Awesomeness Factor (creates the Awesome weather condition which makes the accuracy of all moves equal not(the original accuracy)), and in order to patch up move continuity flaws, would be able to learn absolutely no moves, automatically using Struggle. There are some glaring faults with this Pokemon (the most obvious of which being that any successful action on Larvawesome's part causes it to faint, most moves that are made while Larvawesome is in battle can't connect, all female NPCs flicker out of existence in a puff of ecstasy when you so much as look at Larvawesome's summary, and owning a Larvawesome triggers a glitch which causes the daycare couple to witness Pokemon mating and Youngster Joey to admit that his Ratata is really only mediocre, even at that stage of the game), but the necessity for such a thoroughly awesome Pokemon is apparent.
I would include a custom sprite of Larvawesome, but the effects of looking at Larvawesome are equivalent to being punched in the face by pure happiness.

Well, I agree with farfetch'd and skarmory, and maaaaaybe Absol. But I say relicanth too. Because isn't there a long tradition of ugly fish evolving into more awesome fish-dragons?

Skarmory.

Make it be called "Skarush".

Because, frankly, Skarmory SUCKS ASS :S

What we really need is a Larvawesome, the cutting edge equivalent to Eevee for bugs! This immaculate baby-bug would be able to evolve into every other basic bug Pokemon in the game by being exposed to various items, places and people! It would be a Bug/Awesome type (a completely unique combination in the Pokemon world) and would have 1/255/255/255/255/1 base stats. It's ability would be Awesomeness Factor (creates the Awesome weather condition which makes the accuracy of all moves equal not(the original accuracy)), and in order to patch up move continuity flaws, would be able to learn absolutely no moves, automatically using Struggle. There are some glaring faults with this Pokemon (the most obvious of which being that any successful action on Larvawesome's part causes it to faint, most moves that are made while Larvawesome is in battle can't connect, all female NPCs flicker out of existence in a puff of ecstasy when you so much as look at Larvawesome's summary, and owning a Larvawesome triggers a glitch which causes the daycare couple to witness Pokemon mating and Youngster Joey to admit that his Ratata is really only mediocre, even at that stage of the game), but the necessity for such a thoroughly awesome Pokemon is apparent.
I would include a custom sprite of Larvawesome, but the effects of looking at Larvawesome are equivalent to being punched in the face by pure happiness.

^This. SO MUCH this comment XD

Larvawesome shall be my new friend. First Cynthia... next, the Game Store. Then the Ice Cream shop... then Red. THEN, the World!! >:D

larvawesome ftw

also farfetch'd is my second fave poke... needs evo. fighting/flying is good

I'm tempted to say Shuckle, just because of how high its defenses would be if you could give it the Eviolite. ~900 Defence and Special Defence without any boost? Yes please.

But I don't think Shuckle will have an evolution, nor does it needs one.

Now, everyone said it at least 20 times, but Farfetch'd and Dunsparce takes the cake, although that latter can be useful with Glare/Headbutt. Farfetch'd has just no way of being useful.

Some Pokémon that I think wouldn't mind having an evolution are Castform, Kecleon and Spinda. All of them have weak stats and no good ability/moveset to make up for it.

I'm tempted to say Shuckle, just because of how high its defenses would be if you could give it the Eviolite. ~900 Defence and Special Defence without any boost? Yes please.

But I don't think Shuckle will have an evolution, nor does it needs one.

Now, everyone said it at least 20 times, but Farfetch'd and Dunsparce takes the cake, although that latter can be useful with Glare/Headbutt. Farfetch'd has just no way of being useful.

Some Pokémon that I think wouldn't mind having an evolution are Castform, Kecleon and Spinda. All of them have weak stats and no good ability/moveset to make up for it.

Precisely. Farfetch'd needs an evolution. Also another leek. So maybe a ninja duck thing, with dark/flying or fighting/flying. Alternatively, it could be a psychic/flying type and be... um... less crazy.

Now onto the subjects of Castform, Kecleon, and Spinda. They are gimmick pokemon; they're supposed to have weak stats. So it's unlikely they will ever get evolutions, the same way Ditto (probably) never will. An evolution would make them less special and ruin the effect.

That's just my opinion, I'm new so correct me if I'm wrong.

Precisely. Farfetch'd needs an evolution. Also another leek. So maybe a ninja duck thing, with dark/flying or fighting/flying. Alternatively, it could be a psychic/flying type and be... um... less crazy.

Now onto the subjects of Castform, Kecleon, and Spinda. They are gimmick pokemon; they're supposed to have weak stats. So it's unlikely they will ever get evolutions, the same way Ditto (probably) never will. An evolution would make them less special and ruin the effect.

That's just my opinion, I'm new so correct me if I'm wrong.

You've got a good point with Castform, Kecleon and Spinda, but look at Lickitung. That was sort of a gimmick Pokemon. And Tangela. They all got evolutions. Game Freak just seems to think now that you can't have any underpowered later-game Pokemon.

You've got a good point with Castform, Kecleon and Spinda, but look at Lickitung. That was sort of a gimmick Pokemon. And Tangela. They all got evolutions. Game Freak just seems to think now that you can't have any underpowered later-game Pokemon.

No offense, either to Celer or to Lickitung or Tangela, but what gimmicks did Lickitung and Tangela have? I dont really see it, but that may be because I learned about Pokemon after they got evos. Weak and gimmick aren't the same thing.

Because:
Ditto: Can replicate anything
Chatot: Has Chatter
Smeargle: Has Sketch
Castform: Changes in the weather
Kecleon: Does that weird thing
Spinda: Looks different every time

Whereas:
Magikarp: Almost universally agreed to be weak. So it has an evo.

I'm sure there's more in each category, but I can't think right now.

EDIT: Just checked Bulbapedia, Lickitung was an only-get-one thing back in Gen 1, but it was a large gap between when it stopped being a gimmick and when it got Lickilicky. I see.

Last edited:
Arbok, Skarmory , and Mantine need evolutions, IMO. Especially Arbok, as its stats are just pitiful. Also to punch 4Kids in the face.

Dugtrio could totally evolve into Dugdecatrion, the 12 Diglett conglomerate. It could have the ability Twelve Diglett Conglomerate which increases the number of possible attacks in a multi-hit attack to 12. Incidentally, Quagsire should also have an evolution with this same ability. Hrmmm.... PWN!

We can't evolve Skarmory!
Imagine - Eviolite Skarmory.
The horror.

Farfetch'd, however, is fine.

We can't evolve Skarmory!
Imagine - Eviolite Skarmory.
The horror.

Farfetch'd, however, is fine.

SO true. I am quaking at the concept even now.
When I was writing that, I wasn't actually familiar with Skarmory's stats and such and didn't realize how good a Pokemon it is. I was really just going off design.

SO true. I am quaking at the concept even now.
When I was writing that, I wasn't actually familiar with Skarmory's stats and such and didn't realize how good a Pokemon it is. I was really just going off design.

An evolution of Skarmory would look amazing, though, you're right. I remember making a sprite of what I thought it should look like a while ago.

I agree with Banette getting an evolution - it's one of my favourite Ghost-types. I'd guess the reason Duclops was chosen for an evolution over Banette was because Dusclops had potential in its defensive stats (not that people use Dusknoir anyway - Eviolite Dusclops ftw). Again, I really hope there are no Skarmory evolutions. I like Banette's design, too - what would an evolution look like?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom