• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

alright so just a few questions, first what do you need to have to figure out the exact IV of a pokemon does it have to be level 100? because every calculator I use gives a range. Also today in emerald just got first shiny (tentacool) I am going to import it into heart gold and am actualy going to EV train it (never have ev trained before) these are his iv's or well the range hp-20-25 attk-26-31 def- 19-24 sp att-23-27 sp deff-12-16 spd-10-15. I was wondering what categories you think I should put ev's into, it isn't really competitive for online because I don't have wi-fi, but just so I could have a pretty powerful guy. Final question is what should I have his moveset be? oh and his nature is serious (adds/looses nothing)

Last edited:

what do you need to have to figure out the exact IV of a pokemon does it have to be level 100?

I think that IVs are most precise at levels 50 and 100. To narrow the range,you must input exact EVs,if your Pokemon has any,the trait (often dozes off,quite finicky,proud of it's power etc.) and whatever the IV guy says to you show him the Pokemon.

alright so just a few questions, first what do you need to have to figure out the exact IV of a pokemon does it have to be level 100? because every calculator I use gives a range. Also today in emerald just got first shiny (tentacool) I am going to import it into heart gold and am actualy going to EV train it (never have ev trained before) these are his iv's or well the range hp-20-25 attk-26-31 def- 19-24 sp att-23-27 sp deff-12-16 spd-10-15. I was wondering what categories you think I should put ev's into, it isn't really competitive for online because I don't have wi-fi, but just so I could have a pretty powerful guy. Final question is what should I have his moveset be? oh and his nature is serious (adds/looses nothing)

In order for it to be most accurate, it should be at Lv 100, and you need to know the exact EVs, if you dont, I suggest using the EV reducing berries to reduce them to zero, then if you put in the stats at Lv 100 into the calculator it should show the exact IVs.

I am thinking about trying to complete my pokédex again (not a living dex mind you) and I've started to write down what pokemon I am missing by region, so I was wondering, what is generally the best way to start it off? Do you start with that game's regional pokemon or start from gen 1 and work your way to gen 5?

Last edited:

I've tried to do that before (I stopped near the end), and I did it in the order of least to most hassle. If there's one of the generations that I only have a few Pokémon from (if I'm near the start of the game), I leave that until last, and focus on the game that I have the most Pokémon from.

when breeding, if one parent holds the power anklet and the other holds the power bracer, is it possible to get the speed iv from the first and the attack iv of the second at the same time

when breeding, if one parent holds the power anklet and the other holds the power bracer, is it possible to get the speed iv from the first and the attack iv of the second at the same time

Yes, but it's not guaranteed.

It's possible with no power items too so yes. :p

With one item you're 100% guaranteed that IV in that stat. With two items you are 100% guaranteed one of those IVs in one of those stats. Assuming they are different stats (as they are in your scenario) you have a 50% chance of getting one or the other from the power item and then the normal chance of inheriting an IV from a parent for the other. I'm pretty sure it doesn't increase the odds of getting both at all but I haven't seen any official numbers and I didn't exactly take notes the one or two times I've done that out of curiosity.

last question, i think, if a mienfoo is holding a power bracer and beats a lillipup, how many EVs will it get?

In order for it to be most accurate, it should be at Lv 100, and you need to know the exact EVs, if you dont, I suggest using the EV reducing berries to reduce them to zero, then if you put in the stats at Lv 100 into the calculator it should show the exact IVs.

alright, well currently it hasn't had any EV's put into it, any idea where I should put them or what moveset i should give?

alright, well currently it hasn't had any EV's put into it, any idea where I should put them or what moveset i should give?

This page has a couple of current common sets for Tentacruel. If you don't want to evolve it, this page has a set for Tentacool (I'd evolve it though - shiny Tentacruel looks cool).

Bulbapedia doesn't say, but does anyone know the relative probabilities of finding items in dust clouds? I haven't been keeping statistics, but I'd say the probability of finding a Gem is around three times the probability of finding evolutionary stones.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

It should be easy to find this, but I just can't see it on Bulbapedia.
What moves will a wild Pokémon know? Is it randomly chosen from the moves it learns through leveling up? Is it the last four moves it learns through leveling up?
And the same question for the trainers Pokémon, I know that Gym leaders and Elite Four have Pokémon with specially selected moves, but what about common trainers?

Also, I can find in-battle sprites for trainers, what about the sprites used outside of battles, are they on Bulbapedia?
Thanks for help, all this is about Gen II by the way. (Pokémon Silver in particular :p)

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Say, those symbols that represent each attribute associated with the Battle Frontier facilities in Pokemon Emerald... Does anyone know where those are derived from?

I think I read somewhere that the luck symbol is inspired by Seviper, if you look at one, it has similar marks, plus the Battle Pike is a huge Seviper.

Game Synch, then on the PGL website, push Customise, and choose one. Then, when you Game Synch again, it will change.

How do I put the password in to get a new C-Gear skin?

EDIT: Nevermind. I remembered that google exists.

Last edited:
Tinburr in Pinwheel Forest

I have been training my Darumaka in Pinwheel Forest since it was level 16, now level 20, and I have not encountered a level 12 Tinburr. I have not seen one since my Dewott evolved. Can someone help me out?

Re: Tinburr in Pinwheel Forest

I don't see what there is to help you out with. If you want to find one, keep running around in the grass. They don't always appear, so sometimes you can go for a while without finding one.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom