• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW051 - Satoshi & Dent VS Subway Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've had stamp rallies for various things for quite a few years now, I believe, with various gifts. First one I can find details of still was 2004.

the pokemon stamp rally in japan each summer has been going on since at least the lugia movie, possibly also happened for the mewtwo movie, but i am not sure. the stamp rally is HUGE in kanto... while its going on, you cannot go anywhere on the JR lines without seeing hundreds of people wandering around collecting their pokemon stamps. in fact, its such a big deal in japan, i am shocked this is the first time its made it into the anime.

as for why i know it happened during the lugia movie, a friend of mine who was but a young japanese boy during that time DID the stamp rally, and showed me this page featuring the best pokemon ever :)
raichu_stamps_jr.jpg

also i can't believe some folks are already bored of the twins! is it actually the twins, or the fangirls that you don't like? XD in any case PLEASE USE YOUR EELEKTROSS, BOYS!!! ;_; what an amazing debut that would be for the electric eel line!! COME ON BOYOS!!

also i can't believe some folks are already bored of the twins! is it actually the twins, or the fangirls that you don't like? XD
The twins. They don't really have much of anything to make them seem special to me. I hope they have great personalities in the anime.

I'm interested to see what both Cilan and Ash use. I hope Ash uses something other than the starters, and Pikachu. I guess Cilan might use Pansage, since he hasn't battled in a while. Dwebble just had a decent win. It's going to be amusing to see him racing through the subway.

I don't know what Ash, and presmbably Iris looking for Kibago's owner has to do with anything, while Cilan does his thing. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, so we can get back to seeing Ash and Cilan battle. I don't expect them to win though.

Last edited:
I don't know what Ash, and presmbably Iris looking for Kibago's owner has to do with anything, while Cilan does his thing. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, so we can get back to seeing Ash and Cilan battle. I don't expect them to win though.

It's biding for time, obviously. Cilan will only be collecting stamps until he manages to make his way to the Subway Masters.

Yay, more Subway Masters. Atleast they're appearing..even if Kudari has apparently been frowning..

Note to all, this thread is dedicated to discussing BW051. To talk about the scan of the Legendary trio appearing in anime, please refer to this thread

Sooo ... Dent battles the subway twins well Ash and "friends" (Iris and Meowth I'm guessing) go sight seeing and tries to find a lost Axew's trainer? (I'm guessing this Axew belong to the twins seeing as the both have Haxorus of opposite genders which would tie together these different plots)

So wait, if Cilan is the only one collecting the subway stamps, how did Ash weasel himself into their double battle? Is it a 2-for-1 deal that month?

Man, I hope the twins' personalities are awesome if the writers made their episodes the bread of the Elesa gym battle sandwich.

I think Swadloon and Stunfisk would be a sweet team to battle against Ingo and Emmet, it's a shame Meowth couldn't translate what they would say. I imagine it would go something like this.

Swadloon: This battles's boring.
Stunfisk: Derp Derp.
Swadloon: I'm so sad.
Stunfisk: Der, Derp Derpity Derp Derp.
Swadloon: I hate life.
Stunfisk: Derp?

Some summaries Haru-kaa from SPPF found. He said that some might be the same.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/15/25029280.jpg
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/205/88102185.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3731/73228783.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5181/33512147.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4346/89484441.jpg

Last edited:
The Pokemon Sommelier Dent takes part in the Subway Stamp Rally, riding the underground railway and running throughout Raimon City collecting stamps, since it is said that whoever collects all the stamps will have a chance to battle the Subway Masters.
Meanwhile, as Satoshi and friend are sightseeing, they encounter the lost 'Fangs Pokemon', Kibago, and decide to help look for its owner together.
Not this ep.
With the Gym Battle concluded, Satoshi and friends go to cross the drawbridge only to find it has broken down, and decide to go sightseeing instead.
Same as pic #1, not this ep.
Same as pic #1.

...whoa I just realised, the 'draw' part of drawbridge is said the same as 'feather' in Japanese...well that explains the birds.

Well, this explains why Ash and co. are still in Nimbasa City after the end of their gym battle. It seems that Ash does win his gym badge in the previous episode as expected.

Considering the drawbridge was shown in the preview for the Subway episodes, I wonder if it broke in that episode and is still being fixed.

Maybe we'll see quick glimpses of the ferris wheel and musicals?

I hope for a epic Maggyo x Gamagaru reunion here.

Come on writers!

No sign of Team Plasma yet? When will they appear again its like the main villain of this saga is TR.

Oh, so the monochrome weirdos are back for another episode? Meeeeeeh...
I am looking forward to Ash and Dento's first tag battle though, especially if theres some synchronised asskicking courtesy of the Stunfisk and Palpitoad gang.

Swadloon: This battles's boring.
Stunfisk: Derp Derp.
Swadloon: I'm so sad.
Stunfisk: Der, Derp Derpity Derp Derp.
Swadloon: I hate life.
Stunfisk: Derp?

The two reunite, not as lovers or friends, bu as allies in the war for freedom. Instead of battling Ingo and Emmet, they turn on their trainers and escape.

Arrgh...preference for...potential double battle...torn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom