• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW051 - Satoshi & Dent VS Subway Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Dento and Ash are going to get slaughtered. Tepig, and Pansage against Elektross and Chandulere.

p.24-25
A Tag Battle with the Subway Masters!!
Satoshi and Dent challenge the Subway Masters to a Tag Battle!! With the brilliant combination of Chandelar and Shibirudon as their opponents, what sort of battle will Pokabu and Yanap play out!?
p.24
Nobori: The older of the Subway Master Brothers that protect Raimon City's underground railways. His partner is Chandelar.
Chandelar: A Ghost Fire Type Pokemon. A fearsome opponent that can even use the ESPer Type technique, "Psychokinesis"!!
Dent: Yanap look out!!
p.25
Kudari: Nobori's younger brother. Is there any gap to be found in their Brotherly Combination attack!?
Shibirudon: An Electric Type Pokemon with a large body. Its hands and tail have fearsome strength!!
Satoshi: Keep going, Pokabu!!
(-) The battle with the Subway Masters will be broadcast 6th October! (May differ in some regions)

I love the scans! Hoping for some new moves for Pokabu and Pansage! ! an odd combination! Fire and grass! really interesting to see how they will overcome this strong Pokemon and win! !

I love how Pokabu has gotten all this screen-time, yet still has only three moves and all the personality of a burnt sausage. It takes some kind of talent to be that inept...

I don't mind Yanappu fighting though, as he kind of needs some good battles anyway.

Once again the writers want to focus on one of Ash's starters. I am glad that he won't be using Pikachu or Oshawott, but Tepig is up there as one of his most used pokemon. On the other hand, we have not seen Pansage battle against major opponents in a while. (He wasn't used in the Don Battle.)

Ordinarily I would just look the other way, but Tepig just "learned" Flamethrower in BW048... At the very least he will have a powerful opponent to test it on... Not that it will work. Ingo's Chandelure must have the Flash Fire ability.

I love how Pokabu has gotten all this screen-time, yet still has only three moves and all the personality of a burnt sausage. It takes some kind of talent to be that inept...

I don't mind Yanappu fighting though, as he kind of needs some good battles anyway.

Meh the thing has personality, he is a very honest/brave pokemon, thing doesn't stand out like Oshawott and Snivy but he has gotten his moments, last week he showed his honesty and this week his bravery like he has done in previows episodes.

Yeah I am assuming Ember got upgraded so yeah it still only has 3 moves, I'm really expecting an evolution for it and Pignite to learn Arm thrust.

Tepig being used is kinda lame. Obviously it's to show off it's new move....yet it still only has three moves. It'll probably get all depressed when it loses this battle as well.

Iris is a fan of football :p I just started taking football on Tues., that's kinda freaky :p
But, yeah Iris getting more things, to show off her unique ness is awesome. Not one girl so far in the show besides her has shown a passion for any sports. I'm loving what there doing with her, and her pokes. I want to totally see her battle one of the linemen or the quarter back with Doryuuzu of course ^^ I imagine the football Pokes can use Tackle, Protect, and Mean Look.

There all on the ride roller coaster kinda cool I admit :p

I was hoping to see someone else in tepigs place too but i guess this is ok. I do like tepig...
Seeing pansage is great! He is adorable and hasn't gotten so much screen time, so this is good.
I hope Ash and Cilan will put up a good fight there. It makes sense that their chances to win aren't big, but who knows.

I loooooooved (and that's an understatement) the battling style displayed by Yanappu in the preview. It's this kinda battle that I really like to watch, where they use the uniqueness of the pokémon and the environment to make the battle amazing. Pokabu being used doesn't really surprise me, though I kinda wish that for the symbolism, they'd gone with Mijumaru instead. It looks like Satoshi and Dent are really in sync and protecting each other's pokémon, working as a pair.

The CotD with the other Kibago looks really bland though, and that whole subplot looks meh.

Yeah, I really don't see the point in that random girl with a Kibago that Ash and Iris apparently meet while they are dicking around town. The battle looks decent though even though it's pretty obvious that Ash and Dento are going to get creamed.

Nanako was pretty big on baseball and one of its in-universe teams.
I meant more of Kasumi, Hikari, and Haruka. But, true I totally forgot about Nanako which seems weird since she's one of my favorite characters. :p Good Point.

Yeah, I really don't see the point in that random girl with a Kibago that Ash and Iris apparently meet while they are dicking around town. The battle looks decent though even though it's pretty obvious that Ash and Dento are going to get creamed.

It buys time. Cilan is merely collecting stamps, we are assuming Team Rocket is not appearing in this episode, Ash and Cilan's tag battle with the Subway Masters will probably last 5 minutes.

I am glad that we get to see another trainer own an Axew. It feels very relieving that this trainer didn't lose a Patrat or a Pidove or something of that nature.

Are we so sure Ash/Cilan will lose? That shot at the end of the preview shows the twins Pokemon looking pretty run down.

I honestly see the battle as too close to call based on the preview. Satoshi and Dent look like they're coming up with good strategies and the Subway Masters' pokémon look a bit tired at the end of the preview. I'm leaning towards a win here actually.

Whoa, is that a Meowth Audino fantasy in the lower right of the scan? Man, that is soooo close to a boss fantasy.

Also, I'm sure the "Gurrdurr Eleven" name is a parody of "Inazuma Eleven" and soccer video game/anime. Why that's the name of an "American football" team...well, I don't think that the stadiums have any soccer teams in the actual games. Also, the whole "football" name for both types of games: American football and association football (or soccer).

I curious what mascots they use for the basketball teams.

If two unevolved pokemon manage to defeat two third evolutionary stage pokemon, I'll eat a hat.

well, I don't think that the stadiums have any soccer teams in the actual games. Also, the whole "football" name for both types of games: American football and association football (or soccer).

The Big Stadium in the games hosts both American football and association football (soccer) games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom