• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

just wtf a flying fish !!??

Tepig is going to be used in the tag battle against the Subway Masters. Oshawott will be battling Bianca's dad in BW049, and Ash may decide to not use it because of a type disadvantage. Scraggy just learned Hi Jump Kick and likely has not mastered Headbutt yet. Ash decided not to use Tranquill because it is part Flying type. Roggenrola was used in the Battle Subway episodes.

Palpitoad is obviously going to be used because of its part Ground type. Snivy is most likely going to be used just for Elesa to show off an Emolga that can use Flying-type moves like Aerial Ace. We also know that the writers are forcing Pikachu to be the main star of this gym battle.

I don't see an issue with Palpitoad and Snivy battling here. They have yet to participate in a gym battle, and Palpitoad hardly battles as it is.

I have no issues with Pikachu battling here, as the majority of Satoshi's Pokemon have gotten some focus recently... well, apart from Kurumayu who got a lot of screentime in the last Gym Battle (although I do think it needs an appearance at some point, we haven't seen it since the first episode with Luke).

Of course they do, and it will likely be the exact oppisite of what happened in the Don Battle tournament with two of them. Palpitoad seems to be the fall guy, when he was the most impressive in the tournament. Snivy will probably get a win, and Pikachu having no wins whatsoever while losing in the finals...is going to be the star here.

I still don't think the writers should have let Pikachu star here just because it lost in the tournament. It starred in the last gym. Something else could have been used here. Roggenrola, and Tranquil say hello.

Using Tranquil will only get hurt and make Ash looks like more or a moron in front of all those people. Bianca'a dad might change his mind after watching that.

ElesaPicture.png

Elesa is quite the costume changer, she's starting to interest me.

She's a model after all. That's her job.

Bianca appearing is automatic win, and the fact they're using her games' story with her father makes it even better! I just hope she'll win... because if she loses and as result ends her Pokémon journey that would be extremely disappointing and almost Casey all over again (Ash seemingly getting a female rival but said rival being randomly dropped for no real reason)

What I would love to happen: Bel beats Kamitsure, Satoshi loses
What's probably going to happen: Bel loses, Satoshi beats Kamitsure

Bianca will lose because we won't see Elesa lose twice. Likewise we know Ash wins for the most part.

I don't see Bianca quitting though. She'll continue and ignore her father.

She's a model after all. That's her job.

Yep, but she's wearing at least 4 different outfits here, I wonder if she'll actually be doing a photoshoot.

Smash Preview

- Ash and co. arrive at the gym.
- Elesa wearing different outfits.
- Bianca runs frantically.
- Bianca next to her dad.
- Pignite uses Flamethrower.
- Zebstrika uses Flame Charge I think.
- A clash on the battle field and a cloud of smoke arrises.

Preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0BbwPDfqFE&feature=channel_video_title

Wait a second. Fountain near the gym? Bianca running frantically? Ash is going to have to take off his shirt again, isn't he. *Sigh*

Last edited:

Wait a second. Fountain near the gym? Bianca running frantically? Ash is going to have to take off his shirt again, isn't he. *Sigh*

And that's why someone need to teach Bianca how to turn off the running shoes... seriously. -_-"

On the other hand, if Elesa just happens to be near the fountain... :3

Awww, Bel looks so cute and determined :p
Ganbatte, Bel! n_n

This may actually be the first time that I want Bianca to win a battle. In almost every single one of her appearances, Bianca had been portrayed as helplessly inept, impulsive, and pouty. It is because of this that Bianca struggles to fight more serious and determined opponents like Ash or Stephan. The writers themselves struggled to keep Bianca afloat during the Don Battle Tournament; her presence throughout that entire story arc was centered, not on her desire to win the tournament, but an obsession over a particular pokemon that she never had the opportunity to obtain. At this point on, I didn't view Bianca as a friendly rival. Instead, I only saw Bianca as a comic relief character whose antics are designed to screw everything up.

Nevertheless, the writers had wanted to keep her afloat at this point so they allowed Bianca to win three gym badges. Two of those gym badges were won with Bianca using a single pokemon, a Pignite that suffered under a lot of losses and embarassing moments in battle. Pignite was never able to defeat any pokemon on screen so it really is a wonder how it was able to defeat two gym leaders (who we assume were Chili and Lenora). This losing streak has also been extended to her Minccino, which was outmatched by Stephan's Zebstrika and Iris's Emolga while under Bianca's ownership.

I never truly got in tune with Bianca because I initially saw her, at best, as the inferior, secondary rival rival who can never measure up to the other recurring characters in the series. Everything that has been displayed of Bianca so far speaks out incompetency and foolishness.

I am actually glad that the anime is attempting to redeem Bianca's characterization during this week's episode. The writer of this episode is taking a nod at the character's video game incarnation by reintroducing her father, who had reluctantly allowed Bianca to go on her journey. This father character will force Bianca to come back home so she can focus on her studies instead of raising and training Pokemon. It will be interesting to see a character who has been portrayed as an overbearing and foolishly optimistic individual display signs of insecurity. Clearly Bianca has a lot at stake through this gym battle. I want to see how Bianca can react under this pressure and maintain her composure in a battle against a really powerful trainer. Bianca was able to win gym matches before, but none of these were witnessed by her father. This alone may affect her battling style.

It actually looks like Bianca is going to struggle a lot during this match. Two of her pokemon, Minccino and Shelmet, are shown to be completely overwhelmed by Elesa's Zebstrika alone. Even though Pignite is shown to last slightly longer here, it appears that he, too, will be incapable of defeating this opponent. The odds are clearly against Bianca.

Last edited:

Smash Preview

- Ash and co. arrive at the gym.
- Elesa wearing different outfits.
- Bianca runs frantically.
- Bianca next to her dad.
- Pignite uses Flamethrower.
- Zebstrika uses Flame Charge I think.
- A clash on the battle field and a cloud of smoke arrises.

Preview.

9月18日のポケスマ予告 - YouTube
Don't Miss It!
Thursday is Pocket Monsters Best Wish!
This week's story is: The Charismatic Model Gym Leader!, Kamitsure appears! (Kamitsure: [...]Raimon Gym.)
Satoshi and friends reunite with Bel in Raimon City, but...
Guy: If you lose to Kamitsure, why not come home with me.
Bel: Eh!? Flamethrower!
Bel, in front of her father who wants to bring her back,
bets the continuation of her adventure in a battle against Kamitsure!
The outcome of the battle, is...!?
Bel: I'll definitely win!

And yeah, I can't clearly hear Kamitsure's command, but it does sound like 'Nitro Charge!'.

Quick question, this episode animation looks surprisingly nice. It's animated by Takashi Shinohara.

What episodes has he animated before? Is he new?

Quick question, this episode animation looks surprisingly nice. It's animated by Takashi Shinohara.

What episodes has he animated before? Is he new?

He's new to BW but this isn't his firs episode that he animated.

He's animated BW004, BW014 and BW035(Episode where Ash gets Tepig, Episode about the Nacrene Museum and the Missing Audino episode)

I know people might shun me for this, but I've looked at both previews and I've noticed that with that electrical thing that causes that explosion in the Smash Preview, no one was in the stand, but in the original preview, there were people in the stands. Is it possible that Elesa battles Bianca, Bianca loses, Ash battles Bianca's Dad, Ash loses or they draw and then Bianca has a quick rematch with a 1 on 1, Zebstrika vs. Pignite where Bianca wins? I think it could happen if Elesa sweeps Bianca's Pokemon quickly. Or maybe not. Just an idea.

Well since Oshawott is being used here, I certainly hope he get's a win. Though, that Darmantian looks like it could beat the hell out of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

And yeah, I can't clearly hear Kamitsure's command, but it does sound like 'Nitro Charge!'.

Flame Charge is Zebstrika's only charging Fire-type move, so yes, this is the attack she commanded her Zebstrika to use.

I am glad Team Rocket are being kept out of the Gym battle episodes. This is what should have been done since the beginning of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom