• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

Ooh awesome! Palpitoad isn't the fall guy! It's nice to see it get three wins in a row. So I'm guessing it gets beaten by Emolga's Attract, we get a Snivy vs. Emolga matchup that might either end in a tie or with Snivy winning. Either way, the final match I'm guessing is Pikachu vs. Tynamo.

Can't wait to see what Bianca's Shelmet can do and the overall result of the battle. Win or lose, I think this battle will show her real potential and show that she can be a serious battler.

The Gym Battle between Satoshi and Kamiture finally starts! In order to counter Kamiture's electric-type Pokemon, Satoshi chooses the ground-type Gamagaru. But Pikachu is unhappy, so...!?
Part 1
Satoshi is planning countermeasures prior to his Gym Battle with Kamiture. In order to counter Kamiture's powerful electric-type Pokemon, Satoshi excludes Pikachu who cannot deal much damage from his team. Pikachu who was ready to fight is unhappy at Satoshi.
Part 2
And so the Gym Battle starts.Satoshi counters Kamiture's 'Thunder, Lightning Pokemon', Zebraika, with his 'Shocks Pokemon', Gamagaru. Possessing the ground-type, Gamagaru is unaffected by Zebraika's electric techniques. Gamagaru beats Zebraika just as Satoshi planned. But facing the next opponent, 'Momonga Pokemon', Emonga, Gamagaru looks tired as it used all its strength in the first match...!?

Satoshi is planning countermeasures prior to his Gym Battle with Kamiture. In order to counter Kamiture's powerful electric-type Pokemon, Satoshi excludes Pikachu who cannot deal much damage from his team. Pikachu who was ready to fight is unhappy at Satoshi.

Oh get over yourself Pikachu. Ash gave you the third gym, and he kept his promise to use you in the Don Tournament finals which ended up costing him the match. You don't have to be the star of the story all the time. Who do you think you are, Wolverine?

On the plus side, I'm relieved Bro-Toad wasn't a fallguy. ^ ^

Rather unusual that Zebstrika is the first pokemon to fall, imo. They usually save the gym leader's star pokemon from the games 'til last, and it works because they're usually the most threatening looking 'mons on their team. It's awesome that Palpitoad is going to be the one to take it down, though. That'll make it's win all the more satisfying.
Still, it's strange to think that a Tynamo, of all things, is going to be Elesa's final gambit.

Rather unusual that Zebstrika is the first pokemon to fall, imo. They usually save the gym leader's star pokemon from the games 'til last, and it works because they're usually the most threatening looking 'mons on their team.

Maybe the writers figured that Zebstrika already got enough screentime in the Bell episode where it seems to plows through her team. I am happy that Palpitoad gets a win here. It is my favourite "reserve" Pokémon even with his missing personality after its capture episode.

I am going to feel desperately sorry for Bianca if Ash goes on to defeat the pokemon which plowed through her team with relative ease, type advantage or no. :p

As it happens, I am vaguely hopeful that Pignite will at least defeat Zebstrika and that's how Ash discovers that Elesa has a particularly problematic Tynamo on her team. Not very hopeful mind, just vaguely.

I'm glad that Gamagaru gets a confirmed win here, with a type advantage and immunity none the less. I'm wondering if Satoshi was originally going to use Tsutarja to counter Shibishirasu's Tackle due to its speed, but had to change plans upon Emonga's Attract (assuming that it's female and that Gamagaru is male and that Satoshi didn't bring Hatohbo due to its Electric type weakness). Thus with Tsutarja tired from battling Shibishirasu, Satoshi picks Pikachu only because it has a similar amount of speed to Tsutarja.

What I would love to happen: Bel beats Kamitsure, Satoshi loses
What's probably going to happen: Bel loses, Satoshi beats Kamitsure
Then Bianca's father will be all like "Y'know what? You can continue on your journey anyway" then leave to never be seen again.

Zebstrika is her star pokemon? Really? Because in the game, it gave me the least amount of trouble...It was her stupid emonga that killed my team. So I find it all that surprising that it goes down first :p

Uh oh. I'm smelling another bad battle. Coming up after the break (or somewhere before that?), this Pokemon battle will be another 1 of those less intriguing battles where it feels semi-rushed. My goodness, are these battles in BW ever going to go higher than decent?

Well, starts tomorrow. I'll watch to see if this is the case.

Given that all of Ash's gym battles so far have been pretty lackluster, I would hope this one is better. Pikachu being used already kinda of kills my excitement, but I'll make a final judgement when the episode airs next week.

Palpitoad is a pretty impressive Pokemon, he's definitely being built up as one of the main powerhouses of Ash's team. I'm glad he takes down Zebstrika. But I have a feeling Elesa going to pull, a "just as planned" card.

They usually save the gym leader's star pokemon from the games 'til last, and it works because they're usually the most threatening looking 'mons on their team.

Yes, but the anime gym leaders purposely change their line-ups to surprise challengers.

Still, it's strange to think that a Tynamo, of all things, is going to be Elesa's final gambit.

If the writers were planning on making Pikachu the de facto star of the match, I wouldn't expect anything other than Tynamo being used as the final pokemon. Considering the possibilities that Elesa's Zebstrika may have electric immunity abilities or her Emolga being female, Pikachu wouldn't stand a chance against either of them. I expect Snivy to defeat Emolga just because she is theoretically the only pokemon Ash will use in this match that is immune to Attract.

Oh leave it, the battles in this series aren't that bad. Even the gym battles in my opinion. But I will admit that Bianca's battle interests me more than Ash's, but I hope that I'm wrong and I also hope Palpitoad is a guy.

I agree that I want Bianca to at least take down Zebstrika. I too would feel bad if it ran through her entire team, and Ash just beats it in the very first match next episode (even though it's with a type advantage). But that's probably the point. I just hope this allows her to become a big threat by the time the league rolls around. At the very least, she's finally getting development.

Last edited:

I'm gonna echo the feelings of some of the above posters that I'm more interested, but also more invested in the Bel episode. Bel has that heroine quality in that she's very likable, but also flawed. She lacks confidence in her abilities, she struggles, she faces hardships, but she's determined to overcome them and work hard, which in the end, makes her endering and compelling, and makes me root for her.

I hope this is the episode where, despite losing, she really learns to be more self assertive and more self confidence, and grows from it.

Would probably die of hilarity if Derpfish is a girl XD

Frankly I'm more interested in Bel's plotline too >.>

Then, Cilan might put a Pink ribbon on it to make it more obvious, it'd be cute.

I'm gonna echo the feelings of some of the above posters that I'm more interested, but also more invested in the Bel episode. Bel has that heroine quality in that she's very likable, but also flawed. She lacks confidence in her abilities, she struggles, she faces hardships, but she's determined to overcome them and work hard, which in the end, makes her endering and compelling, and makes me root for her.

I hope this is the episode where, despite losing, she really learns to be more self assertive and more self confidence, and grows from it.

Exactly. Ash's problem is that he's likely to win most of his gym battles in one shot, especially this one and although I'm glad he does because it shows that he is a good trainer(Unless it's the case where he doesn't actually beat the gym leader before he gets the badge), it's just too expected. That's why I'm glad Bianca's here and I'm glad she's has to resort to giving it her all in order to not only beat Elesa, but to prove her father wrong. Even though she'll likely lose, I smell some development coming from this and that's why I'm sure that I'll love this episode. And because Oshawott's battling again.

And she learns to freaking stop knocking Ash into any sort of body of water anymore. I swear she just wants to see Ash's body.

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed and reopened after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

I like that Tynamo will kick Pikachus ass! hoping for a good battle! didn't saw any sign of Snivy maybe evolving! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom