• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokésonas!

Hmm...

I'm a loner. Very introverted and antisocial.

I like looking at both sides of an issue or argument. I believe it was Walter Cronkite who said that when both sides show themselves, the truth becomes apparent.

I like reading.

I hate confrontations, and I'm bad at them too.

I like doing things indirectly, to minimize risk and to minimize contact with other people.

I'm not a very active person at all. I just like doing things that won't leave me sweating buckets.

I like gloomy, breezy, and cool weather. Which we barely ever get here in Florida. B|

I'm not very expressive. At all. I'm not one to cry at anything, or be super overjoyed at anything either.

I'm smart. Well, smarter than most kids my age that I run into. I know where Kyrgyztan is. :p

I like alternative rock music. I'm a huge Coldplay and Muse fan, so that should give you a pretty good idea of what I like the most.

Basically a lot of other things along the lines of all the traits I just gave.

Now, look at my username. Guess my Pokesona.

Yeah.

Hmm... Can anyone think of one for me? A few basic things about myself:

My favorite colors are red and silver.
I LOVE reading.
I'm a computer geek.
I'm relatively intelligent.
I'm pretty introverted.
I have a quick temper, although I calm down easily as well.
I never stop thinking. In the middle of a class in school, I can be thinking about something random while imaging a plotline for a book and still stay focused on the task at hand.

I'm thinking Heatran or Kyurem, since both seem pretty antisocial and I always imagined them both as being quick to anger.

Hmm... Can anyone think of one for me? A few basic things about myself:

My favorite colors are red and silver.
I LOVE reading.
I'm a computer geek.
I'm relatively intelligent.
I'm pretty introverted.
I have a quick temper, although I calm down easily as well.
I never stop thinking. In the middle of a class in school, I can be thinking about something random while imaging a plotline for a book and still stay focused on the task at hand.

I'm thinking Heatran or Kyurem, since both seem pretty antisocial and I always imagined them both as being quick to anger.

Heatran seems brilliant for you.

Question: should we name our Pokésonas?

I used to have one, with a design and everything, but with the more recent onslaught of sparkledogs and crazy characters these days I decided to drop it.

I'm actually very surprised that people in this thread have been tackling the question as tamely as they have been.

I've been told I used to be very outgoing, open, and an overall sunny person for most of my childhood. In contrast, I'm very antisocial now, with a good deal of shyness.
I have nitpicking tendencies. I don't react as much to shocking events as most of the people around me react. My motivation to do something is very influenced by the fact that other people are doing it. Not due to peer pressure, but competition.

I'm honestly stumped on this one. What am I?

I'm actually very surprised that people in this thread have been tackling the question as tamely as they have been.

I've been told I used to be very outgoing, open, and an overall sunny person for most of my childhood. In contrast, I'm very antisocial now, with a good deal of shyness.
I have nitpicking tendencies. I don't react as much to shocking events as most of the people around me react. My motivation to do something is very influenced by the fact that other people are doing it. Not due to peer pressure, but competition.

Sounds to me like you've gone through a sort of personal evolution, so Arcanine comes to my mind when i read all that.

I think a Hitmontop best fits me as a pokesona. I've got a habit of seeing the everyday in ways most people would consider unusual, and thinking of things others don't - not because they're particularly profound or original, but usually because they're inane or esoteric. In other words, I've got my head underground most of the time.
I'm quite satisfied with the choices I've made, even if I compare it to what could have been (Which I tend to see in my two brothers, who are both much more hotheaded than I am ^^') regardless of whether that satisfaction is actually justified.
I also don't see myself going anywhere quickly particularly soon, but that's OK because I'm happy just spinning round and round for the time being.

Last edited:

Cherrim, perhaps? It sounds perfect for you, IMO.

Cherrim, perhaps? It sounds perfect for you, IMO.

Haha! Yeah, that's one way to see it. Especially the part of sometimes being "sunny" was the exact words others have described me.

I also tried to see if there was one that fit the mold in an evolutionary way. I just went over the pokedex trying to find a pokemon that "starts off outgoing, but then evolves into something reclusive". A few cocoon pokemon jumped out to me, but -this- one probably took the cake.

This is what I liked about the personality tests in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, in fact. Provided you didn't come into the game with any cheats or guides, there isn't much of of a way describing yourself in a slant to fit the mold of a pokemon you want, subconsciously or otherwise.

Eevee! ^-^ I see myself in eevee alot. I'm the one that most people have a tendency to recongize as weak and timid, but once they get to know me they see that I'm alot stronger than I look. And with the right push, I could show so much more power and potental and before you know it, I'd evolve into something amazing.

Jirachu, of course;
Jirachu_53424.jpg

(poorly drawn picture from Arceus knows how long ago xD; )

Basicly Pikachu infused with Jirachi. I know, weird....I'm nearly 100% sure I started it out as a joke tho (even if its not all that orrigional of one and anyone could come up with it...but, alas. I wasn't *EXCATLY* a pokemon fan at first, either. it toke awile. i loved jirachi, anyways...then got the hearts for pikachu^^)

I had a forum detecated to Pikachu, too, even. But...I rather not post the url to it publicly, since well...its personal. Well, i rather it not be too personal...i kinda really tramaized this one person who still checks my forum now and then. At least avertizing isn't really allowed here anyways soo thats a plus :p

I don't tend to use the name on pokemon forums as often anymore now tho. My favorite Pocket Monsters tend to change too rapidly now anyways! its not just pikachu/jirachi/mew/missingno. anymore(and, yes; THAT missingno....as in the r/b/g one :p xD; yellow missingno. too though...as long as it was missingno., i was happy...*grins*)

I appoligise for the wall of text now. :x will i be warned for this?...

I like too many Pokémon, I can't decide! D:

While my favorite Pokémon is Umbreon, I think my Pokésona would be Gothorita. I like it's proper demeanor, yet the fact that it's actually very manipulative. I am nothing like that though XD!
So my Pokésona would be a Gothorita with pale pink lips instead of its usual purple ones. Maybe she'd have pale skin, too. She would be posh and ~super loli~ but she would actually fail at being right-down manipulative like the other Gothoritas. However, she would occasionally use her cuteness to get her way. I think what helps me identify with this Pokésona is that I actually dress in the lolita style, sometimes :3

• I'm pretty lazy. I love to procrastinate, and part of me dies a little whenever I'm expected to do anything.
  • I'm also really absent-minded; often I'll do a delayed reaction on noticing things everyone else takes for granted. Despite this I have some flashes of intuition.
  • I like the color pink, and I also love swimming, bathing and lazing around by bodies of water.
  • I love me my Psychic-types.
  • I often forget what I'm doing.
  • I can be bright if under pressure or I apply myself, but...man that's too much effort.

Yup. I'm a Slowpoke.

I'm stubborn, creative, loyal, manipulative, emotional, overly-sensitive, friendly, intuitive, loving, flirty, a bit selfish, rather bossy, quirky....
I like to exercise, yet I can have bouts of extreme laziness, I love warm weather, but I also love the winter time and snow. I hate being alone. I love being in the water and being out in the sun. I'm rather solid and strong too. I tend to do what I want, say what I want, wear what I want, and so on. I don't like being told how to live or what to do at all.
I also try not to judge and try to respect people unless they treat me badly.

But I'm not sure which Pokemon I'm most like, haha. Anyone else have input?

I'm stubborn, creative, loyal, manipulative, emotional, overly-sensitive, friendly, intuitive, loving, flirty, a bit selfish, rather bossy, quirky....
I like to exercise, yet I can have bouts of extreme laziness, I love warm weather, but I also love the winter time and snow. I hate being alone. I love being in the water and being out in the sun. I'm rather solid and strong too. I tend to do what I want, say what I want, wear what I want, and so on. I don't like being told how to live or what to do at all.
I also try not to judge and try to respect people unless they treat me badly.

But I'm not sure which Pokemon I'm most like, haha. Anyone else have input?

Vigoroth, perhaps?

My Pokesona is a Floatzel, they're my favorite Pokemon, they are based on otters, my favorite animal, and Floatzel is basically an awesome tough guy in my opinion, I'm also a little chubby like Floatzel is.

My Pokesona would be Golett and not just because it's one of my favorite Pokemon. We're a lot alike, actually.

*Golett, even though it's a golem, looks a lot like a robot. I love robots and things that look like robots of any and every stripe.
*One of Golett's Abilities is Klutz. I happen to be pretty darned clumsy.
*Golett moves because of an unknown energy inside it. I have energy to burn and no one knows where the heck I get it.
*Luke's Golett acted as a stagehand. I took Technical Drama in high school, know my way around a stage and have helped build props and set pieces.
*Golett never leaves the Dragonspiral Tower. I prefer staying at home.
But the biggest similarity?

From the Pokedex:
These Pokémon are thought to have been created by the science of an ancient and mysterious civilization.

We know Golett was created, but we really don't know why. I was born but as of late, I haven't a clue as to why and I've been questioning myself about it. Golett and I exist, but the reasons behind this are somewhat sketchy. So I'd say Golett fits me perfectly.

What would my Pokesona look like? Well, it would look like an ordinary Golett, except it would be wearing a navy blue Milwaukee Brewers hoodie and a golden Autobot sigil necklace. Yeah, totally stylin'. :p

My pokesona would be a Houndoom. I tend to be a bit of a loner, almost dark at times, and I'm constantly lost in my own thoughts. I'm quick-tempered and quick to defend those I care about. I (sometimes unintentionally) treat those that I don't know well with suspicion, caution, and apathy. However, I'm loyal to those I trust to the occasional point of stupidity.

Wow, a great thread! Pretty much like the Daemon thing with animals.
Well, let's see...

Maybe a Cloyster? It has a strong shell and it's capable to withdraw. Sometimes I withdraw from outsiders, too. It's also pretty smart and lonesome, but it "opens" itself for the closest friends and such. And it lives in the deep world of its own - just like me.

On the other hand, it could be an Umbreon. I'm not saying this just because Umbreon happens to be my favourite, but because it simply fits for me. Maybe that's why I like it so much? It's negative and dark and moves like a shadow at night.. It's cattish (I am), but looks like a fox or a wolf or something.
And because I love blue, it'd be a Shiny Umbreon.

Great.
I have to think about this more wisely later on.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom