• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.

I have them!

In that scenario, You can literally put in any moves on the top 4 pokes and sweep through in game. Still if you want more detailed advice, you will need to give me the current movesets, natures, etc.

Ok, here goes...

Mewtwo- Sassy
Psychic
Me First
Safeguard (i might replace this with recover)
Brick Break

Emboar- Jolly
Blast Burn
Head Smash
Assurance
Arm Thrust

Landorus-Brave
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Fissure

Dialga-Sassy
Roar of Time
Heal Block
Earth Power
Roar

Zekrom- Timid
Draco Meteor
Crunch
Zen Headbutt
Fusion Bolt

Swanna-Gentle
Tailwind
Brave Bird
Surf
Roost

Ok, here goes...

Mewtwo- Sassy
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
any other move like Focus blast or Recover

Emboar- Jolly
Flare blitz
Head Smash
Assurance
Arm Thrust

Landorus-Brave
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
outrage(any move will do honestly)

Dialga-Sassy
Roar of Time
Aura sphere
Earth Power
Dragon claw

Zekrom- Timid!!!!!
Draco Meteor
Crunch
Dragon claw
Fusion Bolt

Swanna-Gentle
Tailwind
Brave Bird
Surf
Roost

Changes in bold. I'll have to say that the natures of some of your pokes are pretty awkward.

Changes in bold. I'll have to say that the natures of some of your pokes are pretty awkward.

I know...

The nature's *are* awkward. But...however, the nature's are not that bad and neither are the stats for my pokemon.

Thanks for the movesets! Those were what I was looking for.
My mewtwo is about 3 levels away from learning recover in White and I will teach mewtwo those moves as soon as possible and that I am able to teach it those moves when I can find them in the game, or the type time time that I play White in my spare time. Draco Meteor shoiuld be discarded on Zekrom mnost definitely, also, as that was not a wise decision to get rid of dragon claw for it now that I look back on that, even though draco meteor should only be used on other dragon types for only one time and should never really be used in a heated battled with other trainers on infared or you can try to use it but you woud need to switch out directly after using draco meteor.

I know...

The nature's *are* awkward. But...however, the nature's are not that bad and neither are the stats for my pokemon.

Thanks for the movesets! Those were what I was looking for.
My mewtwo is about 3 levels away from learning recover in White and I will teach mewtwo those moves as soon as possible and that I am able to teach it those moves when I can find them in the game, or the type time time that I play White in my spare time. Draco Meteor shoiuld be discarded on Zekrom mnost definitely, also, as that was not a wise decision to get rid of dragon claw for it now that I look back on that, even though draco meteor should only be used on other dragon types for only one time and should never really be used in a heated battled with other trainers on infared or you can try to use it but you woud need to switch out directly after using draco meteor.

if you are battling against a human, you can fire of one draco meteor to obliterate any physical wall and then finish it of with a physical attack. A mixed attacker, you see.

I have draco meteor on my Jirachi for just that reason. Walls are common in pokemon, and if you don't battle wisely, it could cost you the match.

I have draco meteor on my Jirachi for just that reason. Walls are common in pokemon, and if you don't battle wisely, it could cost you the match.

Draco meteor on Jirachi is completely pointless. And as for that advice, I'm saying the same thing. On seeing Zekrom, a human player will bring in something like Groudon with high defense and low spdef to counter it. A draco meteor will take chunk out of the wall's health while a physical attack finishes them off.

Also you might want to consider a set of Psychic/Aura sphere/Ice beam/Recover for mewtwo for better coverage. However I didn't suggest this before since mewtwo learns aura sphere pretty late.

Jirachi's draco meteor works well for in-game stuff only. The pokemon in the games out for the DS now are no problem for a Jirachi that has draco meteor. In facing a real life trainer, you can do a lot better than having 1 non stabbed move like draco meteor, but i did get the jirachi from an event and I know what moves it can learn now in Gen V.

Jirachi's draco meteor works well for in-game stuff only. The pokemon in the games out for the DS now are no problem for a Jirachi that has draco meteor. In facing a real life trainer, you can do a lot better than having 1 non stabbed move like draco meteor, but i did get the jirachi from an event and I know what moves it can learn now in Gen V.

I don't think draco metoer is useful on Any Jirachi outside a specs Jirachi.

uhh my current team: (all will soon be lvl 100)
Serepoir: Leaf blade, arieal ace, return, coil
Seismitoad: hydropump, earthquake, surf, drain punch
Volcarona: quiver dance, bug buzz, flamethrower, pyhsic
Gigalith: earthquake, rock slide, stealth rock and ???
Zekrom: fusion bolt, zen headbutt, slash, dragon claw

okay the hard part, I have three options, either, lucario, Zorark or Jirachi (tranfer event from HG/SS [draco metor] ) which one do I choose? and what moves?

uhh my current team: (all will soon be lvl 100)
Serepoir: Leaf blade, arieal ace, return, coil
Seismitoad: hydropump, earthquake, surf, drain punch
Volcarona: quiver dance, bug buzz, flamethrower, pyhsic
Gigalith: earthquake, rock slide, stealth rock and ???
Zekrom: fusion bolt, zen headbutt, slash, dragon claw

okay the hard part, I have three options, either, lucario, Zorark or Jirachi (tranfer event from HG/SS [draco metor] ) which one do I choose? and what moves?

Yo buddy, I remember rating this team back in the past.
Put in Return/Attract/Toxic/Rock Polish, etc. on your Gigalith's last slot.
Your last Pokemon choice depends on your choice here. Your team is fairly balanced. Lucario is powerful, Zoroark is fun to use. You can put in any Poke to good effect. Or you can put in an hm slave. If you want movesets for any poke, tell me.

@NekoGirl It's actually hard to make a team when you leave things so open-ended. At best, we [/I?] can make an accurate list of won't make the team, because your specifications are only specific in that regard. (Rarer pokemon, Sinnoh/Unova pokemon, etc.)

You've left us with [one?] place to start, Espeon... (and this is a 4th Gen/5th Gen team?) Even if you're making a competitive team and you don't necessarily view Espeon as competitive, having more of the team already set, even if with other pokemon you don't view to be too strong but would like to use anyway, would help. That way, we could generally see how the team would be in competitive play, and what "quick holes" it would have (i.e., weakness to Water attacks, vulnerability in Sand, helpless against Heatran, etc.). (If you're new to competitive battling, no one will mock you for having any zany ideas.)

That could just be my opinion though--who knows, someone might like the idea of handing over a team of theirs... but if not, you may as well just copy a team from somewhere off the internet that best fits your criteria. (I may just not like your open-ended-ness because you're especially prone to receive nothing but the common cookies/staples of competitive play...)

You could just go to Smogon (or Pokemon Online?), and search the tiers one at a time. That way, you could see which of your favorites are in a tier, and you could generally see the biggest threats that have to be prepared for.

(And if I'm wrong guys, hammer me.)

Hey all, I'm trying to find a good, tournament-level team, as I *hope* to be heading to NYC next fall, if not then the following NYAC/NYCC. Point is, I'm really wanting to get a good team.

I'm willing to trade Hoenn Pokes over once I get there, so that's what I'm wanting to play with. Loving Espeon, but I know she might not be the best ideal for a Psychic.

I'm aware there's no "perfect" team, I just want sumthin' I can play with & get somewhere in the NYC tournaments if there are any by the time I might go. & I train Pokes best while playing through the game, so I'm hoping I can fit the best ones in that way.

Anything from:

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn

Don't care at ALL for: Sinnoh, Unova.

I'd rather not use the newer regions' Pokes as I'm mad at certain changes to the anime, & these Pokemon remind me too much of it.

Johto & Hoenn are my absolute faves, & I'd also appreciate help with movesets if possible too.

Also, if game "rares" can be avoided (the starters, etc), that'd be perfect. I like playing as a "trainer-self" that'd use the team if in a comic based on the anime, but if their needed for the team, then that's more than fine just the same.

I'd just be thrilled if I could get some help on this. Please?? ^-^

Thanks in advance! =D

P.S.~ Just keep general tournament rules in mind when doing this if you do. Like no legendaries, etc.... =)

Firstly,what league said.
Secondly, if you keep a bias like no gen4 or 5 pokes then I will have to say that you will be at a constant disadvantage against other competitive battlers, who will use Gen 4 and 5 pokes.
Thirdly, as League said, you will need to gives us more details about the Pokemon you want to use.

@NekoGirl It's not hopeless (per the "ah well... =(" part), and a specially designed-Lead, Sweepers (special/physical), and Walls (special/physical) are what generally make up most teams. (Baton Pass'ing pokemon don't compose a primary part though--not to say that you can't include one, two, or even six, of course.) I'm generally new to the "wall-breaker" concept myself.

Meh, maybe if you knew some of the physical walls / special walls generally out there, you'd know what counters you wanted. And if you knew what some of the physical sweepers / special sweepers generally out there as well, you'd know what counters you'd like here. Here is a 4th Gen tier list for Pokemon Online, and here is a 5th Gen Tier list for Pokemon Online. Here is generally where things can be found for Smogon. Merely prepare for the pokemon listed within a tier that you're looking to compete in--you can use any pokemon found in a lower tier as well, as can others. (The Smogon link will generally tell you why various pokemon are threats within a tier.)

Note: Post in Progress.

Last edited:

Soulsilver:
Charizard
Expert belt
lvl 100
flamethrower
dragonclaw
airslash
earthquake

Feraligatr
Nevermeltice
lvl 100
ice fang
surf
superpower
crunch

Ampharos
lvl 79
lucky egg (for training, normally magnet)
discharge
signal beam
shockwave
power gem

scizor
lvl 72
lucky egg (for training, normally metal coat)
x-scizzor
strength
night slash
steelwing

Dragonite
lvl 66
mistic water
aqua tail
dragon rush
dragon pulse
earthquake

Aerodactyl
lvl 45
exp. share
bite
fly
rockslide
steelwing

Soulsilver:
Charizard
Expert belt
lvl 100
flamethrower
dragonclaw
airslash
earthquake

Feraligatr
Nevermeltice
lvl 100
ice fang
surf
superpower
crunch

Ampharos
lvl 79
lucky egg (for training, normally magnet)
discharge
signal beam
shockwave
power gem

scizor
lvl 72
lucky egg (for training, normally metal coat)
x-scizzor
strength
night slash
steelwing

Dragonite
lvl 66
mistic water
aqua tail
dragon rush
dragon pulse
earthquake

Aerodactyl
lvl 45
exp. share
bite
fly
rockslide
steelwing

Kudos to you for this awesome team.
Ampharos: You can try replacing Shock wave for some better coverage move like fire punch, however it comes off Ampharos's lower attack.
Dragonite: Put in Dragon Dance instead of Dragon pulse and Dragon claw/Outrage instead of Dragon Rush for better accuracy.

Specs Jirachi sounds awesome, though I don't think you can get specs in Black and White, right?

Hi. I'm playing the English red version (gen1) and I'm in need of a mixed wall. Could some one help me out and offer some suggestions? I'm considering weezing or slowbro, but I'm open to suggestions.

The battle subway is going to be my next stop for getting choice specs. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom