• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW053 - Somewhere over the rainbow! Musical with Marakacchi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's precisely because there was no source. Again, we have guidelines for this sort of thing, and there was nothing to be said about something that doesn't source.

I've restored @bluesun 's post (thank you for that + the speedy translations, as always) and yes, you guys can talk about the scan now that its legitimacy has been confirmed, but since it pertains to BW051, please do so in its appropriate thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
New scan

416955969.jpg

YANAPPU IS ROCKING THE TAMBOURINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This episode will rock *tears of joy*
The monkey and Pika showing personality, count me in XD

Oh yeah... and the cacti... and Mijumaru... meh...

Nice to have confirmation on this guy. Seeing there are three cacti, I'm upset one isn't dressed as a lion and another as a tin man. Does look like it's a family of them though since the middle one's so tiny.

So is it mean to point out that Bulbapedia's episode list has insisted that the Monozu/Agilder episodes were absolutely, without doubt, the ones going to air the 20th and 27th, and this Maracacchi episode wasn't even worth mentioning (since I guess it, too, was "confirmed as fanart")? :)

So is it mean to point out that Bulbapedia's episode list has insisted that the Monozu/Agilder episodes were absolutely, without doubt, the ones going to air the 20th and 27th, and this Maracacchi episode wasn't even worth mentioning (since I guess it, too, was "confirmed as fanart")? :)

Well Adamant, whether or not it's mean depends solely on how you present your criticism. If you're polite and helpful about it, I don't see how anyone could see it as mean. Now, whether or not that criticism would be off-topic depends on whether or not you post that criticism in the Bulbawiki General Forum, where discussion of Bulbapedia belongs. If you post it here, it will be considered so, as this thread is reserved to talk about the Marakkachi episode, and not Bulbapedia.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding you might have. If not, feel free to PM an Animé moderator who will make it their top priority to clear it up for you. Now, let's ALL get back to talking about the episode itself.

Thanks!

Last edited:
In a certain town, Satoshi and friends meet Trio The Maracatch who are practicing their dancing to audition for a Pokemon Musical. Since the big setup for their climax isn't going well, they decide to help.
<= Pikachu and Yanappu fighting!? C'mon, make friends~.
=> Maracatch dance with Maracas. It looks fun!

@bluesun

Another summary that Haru-kaa from serebii found.

http://i.imgur.com/SHzhr.jpg

I'm glad Pansage is here, I hope he dressed up and I still hope Swadloon is used.

Sushi translated it.

Ash and his friends meet a group of Maractus practicing a dance with their Trainer Tobio. Tobio and his Pokémon want to enter a Pokémon Musical in Nimbasa City, but their final move doesn't work out well...

Last edited:
Very pleased to see Yanappu being seen outside of a battle setting and showing some substantial personality for a change. I've said this before, but as a 'mon that was initially being hyped up as part of a 'trio' along with Pikachu and Kibago, it's been somewhat disappointing to see him left on the sidelines. As much as I do love Maracatchi, the whole idea of having to perfect dance moves just reeks of early Johto Bellossom (which was crap outside the hillarious Rocket antics), so the Yanappu stuff could very well be the saving grace, for me anyway.

But yeah, I do like Maracatchi, and considering it's one of those sadly overlooked 1 stage wonders, I hope it makes a good impression here.

It's interesting how an official magazine has confirmed that the anime will spend an additional episode on Pokemon Musicals even though they were already covered in BW051. Since the "airdate" of this episode is 10/27, does this mean that the ANA short will air on the 20th? This is still confusing me.

Aside from this, I am glad that Pikachu and Pansage are actually interacting with one another. I've always assumed that Pansage was going to be Cilan's de facto mascot pokemon when they were first introduced last year, but Pansage is hardly ever shown outside its Poke Ball other than battles. Since this episode will feature a group of pokemon of the same species practicing for a performance, it is not all too different from that Bellossom episode in early Johto.

And as usual, Oshawott is just shoved into an episode for absolutely no reason.

So in other words the actual Musical got 2 minutes of screentime in a previous ep, and this ep will just essentially be practicing for the musical with a filler character outside of Nimbasa city?

Wow, how does this make any sense? How does this advertise the Musical? Its not like Ash and co. are going to turn around and travel back to Nimbasa to watch it.

Pikachu and Yanappu fighting is a plus for me, kick that monkey's green arse Pikachu!

Mijumaru being a attention whore ^^; I love that little guy. He has some sort of middle ground between the two, since he did beat Yanappu in a battle, and is Pikachu's friend. So at least he's relevant.

The Marakacchi are so cool looking, they all look so pysched, hopefully there awesome.

Last edited:
>Tobio

Tobias has come back. And this time, he's come to finish Ash off once and for all.

Oh dear, why do I get Contest vibes from this summary.

As mentioned it sounds alot like a carbon copy of the Bellossom episode from Johto. Either way, it sounds fairly boring.

There were other episodes too where pokemon practiced dance routines in the past, I can't remember which exactly.

I don't have high hopes for this episodes. Sounds awful to be quite honest. I am not surprised the Musicals were given such shoddy treatment in the anime.

Episode staff info:
Screenplay: Shōji Yonemura (two episodes in a row?)
Storyboard, Assistant director: Shigeru Ueda
Animation director: Mizuho Tajima

Didn't really think much of Mizuho until the Gym battle a week or so back, with all the fun expressions and poses. Hope to see some of that here.

Well with Yonemura writing it's sure to be lulzy!

And I'm not sure what's going on with the summery page. I'm getting a 404 error. Maybe not even they know which episode is supposed to air? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom