• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Memes you dislike?

That one new Chuck Testa meme got old quickly, but a lot of memes these days are not so great anyway. They're more forced than ever. Only a few clever people can make them good.

Most of them. I don't mean to sound like some kind of elderly elitist internet dweller but memes always seem so forced now.

I don't really mind memes, but ones that annoy me to no end are "le X" in ragecomics ("le cat", "le girlfriend" etc.), and comics ending with "awyeah".

Me Gusta and that "lawl" face are also kinda annoying in their own ways.

My favorite:

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!

295Exploud.png

The ones I really do not like:

Pretty much all of them, especially the troll faces.

The one I absol-utely despise:

I herd you liek mudkipz.

The spelling and capitalization errors always get to me.

Scumbag Steve and Nyan Cat.

i actually hate just about all of them XD they always come across as really annoying to me.
my most hated is probably the "i herd u like mudkips" one because when i was known as a Pokemon fan in high school, almost ALL the time that got met with "so hey! do you like mudkips?" :V

the only one i really like is russian reversal because it actually amused me when i was like 15. and i feel super old now for that, haha.

To be fair, just about any meme can become annoying when people use them for the purpose of being praised by others insted of actually trying to be funny, it only makes people dislike those particular meme more.

I dislike "Cool story bro", when you type a long paragraph and then someone responds by just "Cool story bro", it's kinda rude. another meme that annoys me is "trolololo", mainly because it's always associated with trolling.

Every time I see the word "butthurt", I cringe, it's a very annoying meme, just as much as "U mad", and it's spammed by the same kind of people who use "U mad" over and over. "Yo dawg" is another meme I despise.

In all seriousness, a list of ones I do like would be quicker and easier.

The face memes are probably the worst. All of them, even "f*ck yea", and especially the troll-face.

To be fair, just about any meme can become annoying when people use them for the purpose of being praised by others insted of actually trying to be funny, it only makes people dislike those particular meme more.

I dislike "Cool story bro", when you type a long paragraph and then someone responds by just "Cool story bro", it's kinda rude. another meme that annoys me is "trolololo", mainly because it's always associated with trolling.

Every time I see the word "butthurt", I cringe, it's a very annoying meme, just as much as "U mad", and it's spammed by the same kind of people who use "U mad" over and over. "Yo dawg" is another meme I despise.

1270751973_trololo-guy.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist

Anyway, I have to agree with the "Cool Story Bro" thing. It always seems to be used at the most annoying times. >_>

Pretty much any meme with profanity bothers me, but that's really just a personal thing.

Other than that I can't think of any. I actually find most of them enjoyable.

As others have said, it would be easier for me to list the memes I do like. I hate how they can "take over" the subject they came from, (You can't talk about the rival from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow these days without someone spouting GARY MOTHER****ING OAK) especially if the meme itself has no rhyme or reason. This is why I don't mind something like "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" for the most part because it came from a very poorly translated video game intro, so I can see why people think it's hilarious and so it's not as forced.

Lately, Valve memes have been raising up the ranks of aggravation. People might think they're being funny when they post "I'm not Gabe Newell" or "The cake is a lie" on one of my YouTube videos, but as there's absolutely nothing related to Valve in the video itself, I simply see it as spam.

Last edited:
I seriously hate it when anyone uses the term "newfag", it's just as annoying of a term as "butthurt" is.

As others have said, it would be easier for me to list the memes I do like. I hate how they can "take over" the subject they came from, (You can't talk about the rival from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow these days without someone spouting GARY MOTHER****ING OAK) especially if the meme itself has no rhyme or reason. This is why I don't mind something like "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" for the most part because it came from a very poorly translated video game intro, so I can see why people think it's hilarious and so it's not as forced.

Lately, Valve memes have been raising up the ranks of aggravation. People might think they're being funny when they post "I'm not Gabe Newell" or "The cake is a lie" on one of my YouTube videos, but as there's absolutely nothing related to Valve in the video itself, I simply see it as spam.

True, "The cake is a lie" is way past it's prime, especially since Portal 2 has been out for months already, and Gary Oak is starting to get on my nerves.

Most of them (especially the older ones), since they are almost exclusively spammed by 12-year-olds on Youtube who think they're being edgy and have no clue where the memes even originated.

Back
Top Bottom