• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

That's beside the point. We were discussing Wi-Fi events, which quite frankly are more important than the rather frequent Dream World events.

So how does the upcoming Blissey event fit into your theory? The truth is that that Banette was chosen to represent Haloween, and Blissey will serve the same purpose for Christmas. Altaria (which isn't known to have a new move) is just a random prize for buying a strategy guide.

I really don't see any old legendary being featured in the next movie. There are still seven Generation V legendaries left to showcase, with Kyurem and Keldeo being the most important ones right now.

2/3 DW event Pokemon have been Hoenn... As I mentioned why Banette or Alteria you can get there lower forms in DW... and I already Said Mewtwo could easily be used to unlock a Mew event in the R/S/Emakes... Hoenn pokemon have been getting a bit of attention for the last month or so. Banette Halloween and Alteria now plus Rayquaza being fetured on the new TCG deck.. plus the DW itself could be seen as a hint... the people of Devon were trying to be able to see Pokemon dreams which is why I wondered if Devon could've funded Fennel's Dream Research?

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

2/3 DW event Pokemon have been Hoenn... As I mentioned why Banette or Alteria you can get there lower forms in DW...
The event before Banette's didn't include any Generation III Pokémon, but it did have a Poliwhirl (without an exclusive move) despite the fact that Poliwag had been previously obtainable. What's your take on that?

and I already Said Mewtwo could easily be used to unlock a Mew event in the R/S/Emakes...
It could do that in any main series game.

plus the DW itself could be seen as a hint... the people of Devon were trying to be able to see Pokemon dreams which is why I wondered if Devon could've funded Fennel's Dream Research?
If it were a hint Fennel would reference Devon's research, but she does no such thing.

The event before Banette didn't include any Generation III Pokémon, but it did have a Poliwhirl despite the fact that Poliwag had been previously obtainable. What's your take on that?

It could do that in any main series game.

If it were a hint Fennel would reference Devon's research, but she does no such thing.

-shrugs- to obvious or that Fennal never thought to tell Hilbert/Hilda that Devon funded her reasearch? She had to have been funded somehow and Devon had been looking into Pokemon dreams.. nobody asked her... If R/S/Emakes are releaased they can easily show that Fennal had worked at Devon at some point... her and Juniper are collage friends right? Maybe the collage they went to is in Hoenn? And the Red Gyarados thing was ambigous as well the reporter never said which lake it was found and The LoR R-Gyarados wasn't the only one in existance. conversion of detial Fennal isn't an important character... we can assume that shes being funded by Devon just as we assumed that the G-Gyarados was in fact the one in the LoR

The difference is that Devon failing to create a dream machine is an obscure reference that most players probably don't remember (if they even noticed it to begin with), whereas anyone who played Generation II would immediately associate the Red Gyarados with the Lake of Rage. Besides, Platinum confirmed that Lake of Rage was involved. If Game Freak had wanted to remind us of Devon, they would have had Fennel say something.

But this really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

it's far to rearly for Grey to be released (Examble Platinum was released in 08 in Japan while D/P were released in 06...) So R/S/Emakes are more lickly then the 3rd version...

Woah. You mean to tell me that its far too early for the third version to Black/White, while its not for remakes?? When the last two remakes were 6 YEARS APART?

Lets examine how far third versions have been apart shall we: English releases and Japanese.

Red/Blue - 1998 Yellow - 1999 (English releases)
Gold/Silver - 1999/2000 Crystal - 2000/2001
Ruby/Sapphire - 2002/2003 Emerald - 2004/2005
Diamond/Pearl - 2006/2007 Platinum - 2008/2009

Now you look at those dates really carefully (take off your Ruby/Sapphire tinted lenses) and tell me if its too early for a third version.

Lets examine the remakes:

FR/LG 2003/2004
HG/SS 2009/2010

Yet somehow to you its not too early for remakes? lol As for the main series as we can clearly see, the two year gap is actually the longest between paired versions and the third version. The way in the past saw them being released one year after one another, so that is very likely what may happen here. (Though in this case it would be more closer to a year and a half)

Like Silktree said there is virtually no promotion for the Hoenn region at all, and they will not switch the focus over to Hoenn when we are in the middle of Unova anime wise, movie wise, etc. It would make far more sense for the focus now to be on Kyurem, and the other Unova pokemon.

The difference is that Devon failing to create a dream machine is an obscure reference that most players probably don't remember (if they even noticed it to begin with), whereas anyone who played Generation II would immediately associate the Red Gyarados with the Lake of Rage. Besides, Platinum confirmed that Lake of Rage was involved. If Game Freak had wanted to remind us of Devon, they would have had Fennel say something.

But this really has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Maybe we can contiue via PM? and a LONG time had passed Gen V is 3 or so years after Gen IV making it 5/6 years after R/S assuming it happened around Gen I and exactly PLATNUM confirmed it... IF Grey IS released before R/S/Emakes They can easily have her talk about Devon... And tell me you didn't think of Devon when you heard about the DW?

There you go. Now we agree on something.

You forgot the IF... The same reason Fennal didn't mention Devon is the same reason the filmer didn't mention that the R-Gyarados was in the Lake of Rage and not a random lake in say... Orre? conversion of detial and they expected fans to figure it out themselves... plus we see several NPC's from Hoenn (the Go-goggles guy in the desert resort and that family in Undella Town)

You forgot the IF... The same reason Fennal didn't mention Devon is the same reason the filmer didn't mention that the R-Gyarados was in the Lake of Rage and not a random lake in say... Orre? conversion of detial and they expected fans to figure it out themselves... plus we see several NPC's from Hoenn (the Go-goggles guy in the desert resort and that family in Undella Town)
The reason the reporter didn't say the Red Gyarados was in the Lake of Rage was a plot point - GameFreak needed a reason for Lucas/Dawn and Barry to go to Lake Verity to meet Professor Rowan/Cyrus. Jumping the gun and thinking it was about their lake being the reason they went.

While I find debating hints for/against a RS remake pretty pointless, I would ask what several is, because that's three (completely unnoticeable and forgettable) people that have a relation to Hoenn, whereas DP started the game with a reference to GSC (to use another example, Jasmine, because you had to meet her sooner or later). That alone didn't mean anything towards HGSS, but it sure was a stronger hint than three completely unrelated people from Hoenn.
Also, if the Red Gyarados wasn't a slap in the face from Johto, I don't know what is.

Also y'know, it could be another spin off. Remember the last time we got all too hyped up about a game announcement?

PokéPark 3! PokéPark 3!

What fans want:
RS Remake, Grey, New Battle Sim.

What we will probably get:
Random Spinoff, Japan Only Spinoff.

Every time they say a new game gets announced it turns into speculation into "LOOK GUYZ ITS GONNA BE PBR/GREY", then it turns into just another spinoff announcement.

Just thinking...new game out in Spring right? Well, what about that recently announced DreamWorld poll for the version mascots that will be given away from 10-27th February? That's right at the very end of winter. That could be a big hint about it being the next main series game.

Also Groudon and Kyogre are part of that poll. If they were remakes, they would have been excluded because otherwise, what's the point?

I also think that it'll be a spinoff. Mystery Dungeon or a console game probably.

Just thinking...new game out in Spring right? Well, what about that recently announced DreamWorld poll for the version mascots that will be given away from 10-27th February? That's right at the very end of winter. That could be a big hint about it being the next main series game.

Also Groudon and Kyogre are part of that poll. If they were remakes, they would have been excluded because otherwise, what's the point?
Exactly, and I actually noted this before. All the previous games are going to be commemorated, which probably means that the next version mascot will be a new one.

Poor Nintendo. They've struggled recently, but I still hold hope that the company will last a long time.

Whatever this new game is, it's probably gonna be announced on Pokémon Smash! today. That's my prediction.
Why would it be announced on Smash? There has been no indication that there is to be a game announced, and the only reference to it existing was a brief mention by Iwata. Earlier this year, other Nintendo higher ups said there was a Wii game in development, but that hasn't surfaced yet.

They can't keep releasing spinoffs forever. Call me naive, but I think this is it. Pokemon Grey will be announced this November/December and released in the Spring. Kyurem's alternate form will be revealed along with Keldeo.

歴代ゲームポケモン総選挙! |ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト (Note: Not a single remake among them, just the original games)

They wouldn't be featuring all the main series games alongside each other like that for some spinoff, it seems to be lining up for the next step in the main series.

I'm positive Pokemon Grey is on the way soon. Don't disappoint me Game Freak.

They can't keep releasing spinoffs forever. Call me naive, but I think this is it. Pokemon Grey will be announced this November/December and released in the Spring. Kyurem's alternate form will be revealed along with Keldeo.

歴代ゲームポケモン総選挙! |ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト (Note: Not a single remake among them, just the original games)

They wouldn't be featuring all the main series games alongside each other like that for some spinoff, it seems to be lining up for the next step in the main series.

I'm positive Pokemon Grey is on the way soon. Don't disappoint me Game Freak.

Don't get your hopes up. If there was something coming, we'd see it in say CoroCoro, 2ch, or Pokemon Smash first...well at least hints of it. Besides, usually games are announced in the spring, not winter, and hit in september/October, and spring for the us games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom