• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: S. S. Anne trainer problem

Because he's a character, and characters try to be people, and some people would get angry at a random kid barging in their room indeed.

It's what trainer battles have over just random battles everywhere. Here there are plenty of battles with relatively unique, if insignificant, characters, while in other RPGs that's limited to bosses and midbosses at most.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I may be late for this, but if you lose the game file you synched with your Global Link account, you can't keep your history, but you can still use the same account. Go to support.pokemon and open a question about it (the data you need to include is in one of the FAQs (I think it's called "my game file got accidentally erased" or something like that). Anyway, you submit that question and somebody in support deletes your GSID so you can use a new one. But, as I said, you basically start from scratch - just using the same account.

Hey I would be pissed if some random guy burst into my room while I'm on a relaxing cruise!

I may be late for this, but if you lose the game file you synched with your Global Link account, you can't keep your history, but you can still use the same account. Go to support.pokemon and open a question about it (the data you need to include is in one of the FAQs (I think it's called "my game file got accidentally erased" or something like that). Anyway, you submit that question and somebody in support deletes your GSID so you can use a new one. But, as I said, you basically start from scratch - just using the same account.
I don't mind this just that I can use the same GSID, Thank you :)

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

i need to get to Snowpoint City but i like to know...

1. how to i acually get there??
2. do i have to go throught Mt. Coronet to get there ??

Can you lose access to something previous owner unlocked if you erase savegame from the cartridge in gen IV?

Can you lose access to something previous owner unlocked if you erase savegame from the cartridge in gen IV?

Clarify and more Explaining and correct grammar,plz.
Yes you do.Lets say your previous owner unlocked the event Suicune.If you reset,it's gone.Only way to save it is transfer to another game.

Also if the previous owner unlocked an event only area, (such as a pokéwalker route or new moon island) and you erase that game, then you will lose the ability to go there.

Thanks for replies.

So, the only things you can possibly lose forever are all event-related? As far as I can tell, the original owner never participated in any: he never used WFC (no Pal Pad in inventory, no Mystery Gift in the menu) there's no event-only items in key items tab, no unusual pokemons either caught or seen. I don't really know how to check for event-only locations, but I probably won't bother.

Regarding grammar: Sorry, I'm not a native speaker. Could you please explain what's so wrong in the original post?

@3dent

the grammar should've looked something like this:
'Can you lose access to something the previous owner had unlocked if you erase the saved game from the cartridge in gen IV?'

Thanks again.
@3dent

the grammar should've looked something like this:
'Can you lose access to something the previous owner had unlocked if you erase the saved game from the cartridge in gen IV?'
10 years of study, quite a lot of time actually talking to native speakers and I still can't spot my own stupidly obvious mistakes. :(
Well, at least I'm better than my mom. She still says things like "I living here" now and then...

Why was Gentleman Arthur using mean dialogue towards the player suddenly?

The player was on the S.S. Anne looking for the room that heals the Pokémon. In one of the rooms (when the player went in), the trainer, Gentleman Arthur, challenges him to a battle immediately and uses mean dialogue before and after the battle. I had no idea what the gentleman was talking about but I know he was venting his anger out at the wrong person (the player).

Damn Gentlemen, just because they sport a cool mustache they think they're soooo cool

When I go to try and connect to the DW, Game Sync says it has run out of energy and it needs to recharge. This is rubbish because I have never used it. Help please?!

When I go to try and connect to the DW, Game Sync says it has run out of energy and it needs to recharge. This is rubbish because I have never used it. Help please?!

Do you change the date/time on your DS often? Game Sync won't work for 24 hours after the DS's clock is changed.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom