• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Li

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Why the hell are so many people voting for Arceus. It's understandable because it's so rare, but after this event an Arceus will be worth almost nothing because everyone will have one, not to mention they are completely overrated. I, on the other hand, would like to see that Magikarp up there, for the Garados. Though, I bet Magikarp does win they will troll us all by making it level 100 and having all four move slots taken up by Splash.

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

If they troll us with a level 100 Magikarp that has four copies of Splash, we'll just use Move Relearners to force Flail onto our Magikarps and use the Epic Flail strategy. AFAIK it's impossible to prevent usage of the Move Relearner, and Magikarp gets Flail at level 30+.
I bet it would be level 5 though, and that it would know Bounce.

TBH I'm amazed Mudkip overtook Ditto. Sure, it's a starter, but I didn't think it would be as desirable as the hidden ability Imposter.
If this isn't the work of /b/, and possibly /v/, then I don't know what is
If that's the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if that campaign melts too. I don't see ANY way they'd be able to beat Arceus.

So, uh, I'd comment on the top ten at this point, but there really isn't anything to say about it.
I don't think any of the Top Ten will be overtaken by anything new. Hell, at this point, I think Arceus has already won. I doubt the Mudkip campaign will be strong enough to overtake it.
The Ditto campaign's flaw may have been that it happened too soon, although I'm not sure if this can be confirmed or denied.

My vote probably doesn't mean things anymore, but at this point I'm just gonna burn it on Deoxys.

If that's the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if that campaign melts too. I don't see ANY way they'd be able to beat Arceus.

Not really, because I think they don't care what wins, as long as someone gets real angry. After seeing posts saying they put their computer to auto-vote for Arceus all night long, I think this is just done to troll pokémon fans (perhaps more specifically smogonites, but also generally /vp/. Interesting, as I doubt /b/ and /v/ would have cared if someone hadn't suggested it to them (and ironically, this would be people from /vp/. I think we shouldn't underestimate the power of trolls here, and as long as someone doesn't get what they want, they "win". Mudkip should be the clearest sign of this (meme, after all), as I really doubt anyone would prefer this over Imposter Ditto.

I'm really disappointed with the votes. People propably only voted for Mudkip because of the internet meme and are wasting the chance to get useful, unique Pokémon. I hope Arceus wins, seeing as Ditto has a very small chance of winning now...

I think what is wrong with this is that ANYBODY can vote. You don't even have to own a pokemon game, let alone play it and care about hidden abilities.

I think what is wrong with this is that ANYBODY can vote. You don't even have to own a pokemon game, let alone play it and care about hidden abilities.

This. x 1000. Nintendo should have made it so that only users with a Global Link account can participate. Regardless of the trolling, I bet Arceus will still end up winning. It's just wayyy too popular and there are so many young kids with computers now-a-days. Get that crown, Arceus!

p.s: For the record, I voted for Deoxys, not Arceus. Deoxys is probably the rarest legendary out there. It was only given away at an event in the US about a decade ago and the most recent one required you to buy that crappy Ranger game. -__-;;

I voted for Deoxys because I never got around to finishing that ranger mission.
Anyone notice the voting ends the 30th, results come out 2 weeks later, and we actually get the promotion a month and a half after the results? Feb 1st seems like a ways away for something we're voting on now

Why the hell are so many people voting for Arceus. It's understandable because it's so rare, but after this event an Arceus will be worth almost nothing because everyone will have one, not to mention they are completely overrated. I, on the other hand, would like to see that Magikarp up there, for the Garados. Though, I bet Magikarp does win they will troll us all by making it level 100 and having all four move slots taken up by Splash.

If they troll us with a level 100 Magikarp that has four copies of Splash, we'll just use Move Relearners to force Flail onto our Magikarps and use the Epic Flail strategy. AFAIK it's impossible to prevent usage of the Move Relearner, and Magikarp gets Flail at level 30+.
I bet it would be level 5 though, and that it would know Bounce.
People realize that Magikarp is already in the Sparkling Sea right? There, it has Bounce as its special move, and just Splash if it doesn't have a special move. All Pokémon from the Dream World/Pokémon Global Link will always be at the level listed here (which is 10 for Magikarp) and have their Hidden Ability (if they have one). Also, while possible by glitches, Pokémon cannot have the same move in two slots. Try Sketching a move that Smeargle already knows.

I think it would have been best if votes were connected to your PGL account. That way people couldn't vote multiple times with the private browsing glitch.

p.s: For the record, I voted for Deoxys, not Arceus. Deoxys is probably the rarest legendary out there. It was only given away at an event in the US about a decade ago and the most recent one required you to buy that crappy Ranger game. -__-;;
If you can get this event, you can trade online. Deoxys is unlimited from Guardian Signs. If you're going by that logic, Arceus would be the best choice in that it had never had a wifi distribution while every other Pokemon on that list does.

So what would the winner be? MUDKIP?

No. Imposter Ditto > Arceus

And, I voted for, of course, Imposter Ditto.

I voted Ditto, but seriously? MUDKIP? *groans loudly* I have like 50 of them! BECAUSE of Ditto! Oh the irony...lol

Hey, do you want to know the reason why Mudkip is second? Because Funnyjunk is holding something called "Operation Mudkip" so people can vote for Mudkip. Excuse me while I throw rocks at Funnyjunk. Gah! Here is the website: Operation Mudkip
I felt that Funnyjunk just trolled us.

Yeah, the biggest issue with this is the cookies glitch. If it was one vote per person I bet it wouldn't automatically be Arceus, but because people just have programs that refresh the url to vote over and over with cookies off, it can easily be swayed. Think of it this way: without a program, I put in 1000 votes for Ditto in about 10 minutes. Imagine someone with a program spamming the "Vote for Arceus" url over and over and over for hours. They don't get bored because they're not doing it, so they could just leave it running forever. That's the problem with the vote. :x

I felt that Funnyjunk just trolled us.
Hard.
I seriously can't believe this is why Mudkip showed up out of nowhere to take the #2 spot.

Doesn't help that they mentioned the cookie glitch.

It seems like Game Freak needs to fix this issue for their next poll.

I think its probably too late to try to get another Pokemon to win since this thing ends on Tuesday. Im betting Arceus will be the winner, in which case I'll take it and trade it away most likely since I dont need one.

Hard.
I seriously can't believe this is why Mudkip showed up out of nowhere to take the #2 spot.

Doesn't help that they mentioned the cookie glitch.
I feel that Gamefreak should disallow voting the following Pokemon:
Mudkip
Magikarp
I mean, SERIOUSLY! WHO THINKS IT IS FUNNY TO SPAM MUDKIP AND MAGIKARP AND MAKE US GET THE WORST POKEMON EVER!!!!!!!!

I feel that Gamefreak should disallow voting the following Pokemon:
Mudkip
Magikarp
I mean, SERIOUSLY! WHO THINKS IT IS FUNNY TO SPAM MUDKIP AND MAGIKARP AND MAKE US GET THE WORST POKEMON EVER!!!!!!!!

The problem with Magikarp isn't the terribleness, just because it evolves into Gyarados with Moxie and that's not terrible. The problem with that one is...it's already available in the Sparkling Sea. ): I think not even Nintendo knows really what the players really want in terms of Pokemon, like I'm not sure they keep up with Smogon metagame and see what Ditto would do to it, etc. So that one might look really random and silly from their point of view as well, even if it makes sense to us.

I'm shocked as well about Mudkip coming out of nowhere into the rankings.

And I'm willing to bet over half the people voting for Mudkip won't even get it after it's out. Not to mention it doesn't have the best DW ability (damp).

Who would choose Mudkip over Imposter Ditto? Damp is useless because explosion got nerfed and nobody even uses explosion anymore. Torrent therefore is superior.

I just don't understand... Why people no like logic?

Arceus is alright I guess... but I'd rather have ditto but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom