• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

I'm just trying to make sure if you're correct by having someone else besides you responding to my post regarding Ditto's loss.

It is always impossible to get a DW ability out of Ditto. Right?

Pretty sure this is correct. Could test this theory if someone wants, though.

As well as a few posts starting here. That do you?

Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

God fucking damn it, I'm converting to Dennisism. At least that religion doesn't consist of 8 year olds.

Oh, fuck off. Not everyone plays competitively, and not everyone has a legitimate Arceus, and not EVERYONE wants to risk trading for a cloned piece of shit. I'm glad something won besides Ditto, JUST because all you assholes thought you deserved one.

Ditto still has the chance to be released in the Dream World. Arceus does not. And tell me, when do you think the next time we'll get an event for Arceus.

I actually agree with you on that,not everyone plays competitively like me[maybe its because I allways lose at the Pokemon battles}(tho I do try to
collect
them all, hehehe...)...and you can just anyways just get a Ditto from the other games if you just look hard enough.

..but with the events in this matter...Ive never actually seen a Arceus event before...So...This might be fun...

Think about it. If there had been a voting script for Arceus, someone would have heard about it at some point.

Just because people weren't yelling it out, doesn't really mean it didn't happen. People were spam-voting for Arceus as well, at least more in the start before people started spam-voting Mudkip. I mean, Arceus has really angered people as well, so successful trolls are successful.

Though I couldn't care less for the results personally.

Today, the words "I saw that coming" have never been more accurate. heh.

I didnt vote in the poll on purpose. I felt it would be getting my expectations up...But I knew this one would win. There arent a lot of ridiculously hard to get pokemon anymore. This, Darkrai, Shaymin, Celebi, Deoxys..There arent that many that are so hard to aquire. Im mainly mad that they put the azure flute into 4th gen and never gave it to us. Seems kinda silly.

Now that you can get Mew with a copy of diamond/pearl, a wii, and a hell of a lot of patience, it was always going to be one of those listed.

I'm fed up of people bitching about Arceus winning. You've got a legitimate one yourself? Well congratulations, not everyone is so lucky. I wanted Arceus to win, and even though I didn't vote for it, I'm glad it did. Now I can have my own Arceus, meaning I dictate its nature, nickname, plus I know for a fact that it's legitimate.

All you little kids enjoy a Pokemon that's easily findable on about any trade forum.
Don't assume that it's only just little kids wanting Arceus. Imposter Ditto would also be available on a trade forum.

Last edited:

I vote we all sit in a circle and sing kumbaya :love:. Please remember to be decent, people, and follow the rules . Arceus winning is only ONE giveaway; Gen V nor the dream world are going anywhere anytime soon.

We are lucky enough that Pokémon let us have this giveaway at all. Even if you don't want an Arceus, an Arceus is still better than nothing, right?

Besides, being angry about it and ranting on here probably won't change anything anyways. So can we keep the cursing, bashing, and other rude/hostile actions off of the forums? Let's be happy about what we have; not angry about what we want :ksmile:!

Now, I dont battle competitively nor do I use the Dream World. BUT, I am disappointed Arceus won, only because of this reason. A buddy of mine a few years ago ran a trade shop where he bought a used Pearl and using his Action Replay, got an Arceus right from the beginning of the game using a Master Ball hack and walk through walls hack and traded them to another system over and over. Now many argue that "Oh, those arent legit, you used hax, TROLOLOLOL" but they technically are legit seeing as you only hacked to get the Azure Flute and the Master Balls. And to prove they werent hacked, my friend went to a VCG match and he got his game scanned to make sure it wasnt hacked or there werent any hacked Pokemon on it, and this is his regular cartridge with a bunch of Arceus' he traded over from the used game, and they said that it was clean of any hacked pokemon. So that just goes to show that you can easily find a non-hacked Arceus around.

On the other hand, an Imposter Ditto is a lot harder to find and in my opinion much cooler as well. Not to mention Arceus doesnt even have a DW ability, so it was sort of a waste. But thats what I think about it.

Now, I dont battle competitively nor do I use the Dream World. BUT, I am disappointed Arceus won, only because of this reason. A buddy of mine a few years ago ran a trade shop where he bought a used Pearl and using his Action Replay, got an Arceus right from the beginning of the game using a Master Ball hack and walk through walls hack and traded them to another system over and over. Now many argue that "Oh, those arent legit, you used hax, TROLOLOLOL" but they technically are legit seeing as you only hacked to get the Azure Flute and the Master Balls. And to prove they werent hacked, my friend went to a VCG match and he got his game scanned to make sure it wasnt hacked or there werent any hacked Pokemon on it, and this is his regular cartridge with a bunch of Arceus' he traded over from the used game, and they said that it was clean of any hacked pokemon. So that just goes to show that you can easily find a non-hacked Arceus around.

On the other hand, an Imposter Ditto is a lot harder to find and in my opinion much cooler as well. Not to mention Arceus doesnt even have a DW ability, so it was sort of a waste. But thats what I think about it.

But it isn't legitimate, as Hall of Origins is impossible to access without cheating, so the Arceus with Caught at Hall of Origin is a hacked Pokémon.

But it isn't legitimate, as Hall of Origins is impossible to access without cheating, so the Arceus with Caught at Hall of Origin is a hacked Pokémon.

Ahhh, but the thing about that is it's not. The only hack you did was get the Azure Flute, the rest is built into the game. The Hall of Origion is not a hacked place, which is why it's not a hack.

Ahhh, but the thing about that is it's not. The only hack you did was get the Azure Flute, the rest is built into the game. The Hall of Origion is not a hacked place, which is why it's not a hack.

-Face palm- It is a hack. You had to hack to get there, right?

But lets not get into an arguement about differences in opinon.

...and you can just anyways just get a Ditto from the other games if you just look hard enough.
It's not that they want Ditto because they can't find it, they want Ditto for its Ability, which you can't get legitimately at this point.

Anyways, I voted for Ditto. I play competitively, and Ditto or Blaziken would have been my preferred choices. Arceus won? Well, there's another one for my collection of Eigakans and TRUs. Useful? Not in the least. But if people want a box-sitter that doesn't even count towards your "completed PokeDex diploma," then that's what they'll get. Too bad it wasn't Deoxys or Mew.

All I could imagine is a 10 year-old girl with pigtails bawling her eyes out with incomprehensible joy, hugging an Arceus, which was quite disturbing.

But yes, it's pleasant that Arceus won, and to have the chance to have an Arceus, as no events for one back at the time of DDPt were ever held around here.

Well so much for Speed Boost Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken.

If it was to be a legendary Pokemon, I'd rather it have been Deoxys, since I lost my Gamestop Nevermeltice one from quite a few years ago.

I still think I have the Mew Wifi one on my Heart Gold game. Along with the 2 Jirachi I have.

Arceus? I don't know why people are obsessed with it. If you couldn't get the 2 or more when it was being released alongside Platinum or Heart Gold Soul Silver, I don't know what would've changed now, that you can get it on Dream World since they both required similar things to get them. Though maybe I'm wrong, and both weren't Wifi and just Gamestop/Toys 'r Us.

But I have plenty of Arceus, I definitely don't need another one. I never understood why people would vote for a Pokemon that didn't have a dream world ability. It's like picking Pikachu with static and no special moves, you can get one easily in the games.

But it is Arceus I guess, it is a lot rarer.

Still wanted Speed Boost Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken

Okay if im not mistaken I swore there was an Arceus TRU event. I thought people would vote for torchic or at least a Pokemon with a DW exclusive ability. I absolutely dont care for the Arceus because i know the Poke-Community could have done better and its pretty useless cause people complain bout having Ubers <i chase the dream not the competition i battle to win and have fun >I was more happy with my birthday Togekiss than anything else but this isn't the last DW event their having and hopefully Trolls wont conquer this time.........

To all you ditto fan boyz who wanted some horrible common pokemon to win such a great event.. HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!The KIDS WHOM THE GAME WAS MADE FOR ANYWAY got there way!!! Not you cry baby no life tournament players!!!! And for all you lil trolls out there.. HOW DO YOU “LIEK” THAT!!!!!! GO ARCEUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sweatlol::banana::bounce::mallet::thumbup::goof:

A Dream World ability ditto is not common. Not at all. Think before you right, please.

Okay if im not mistaken I swore there was an Arceus TRU event. I thought people would vote for torchic or at least a Pokemon with a DW exclusive ability. I absolutely dont care for the Arceus because i know the Poke-Community could have done better and its pretty useless cause people complain bout having Ubers <i chase the dream not the competition i battle to win and have fun >I was more happy with my birthday Togekiss than anything else but this isn't the last DW event their having and hopefully Trolls wont conquer this time.........

Problem is, I think Arcues will win every single poll that it is entered in sadly.

and you can just anyways just get a Ditto from the other games if you just look hard enough.

Your missing the point. YOu cant find a DW Ditto anywere at the moment.

Ive never actually seen a Arceus event

Does this count as a Arceus event (im not sure on this, so....)

Last edited:

@BlqJstr I think the company was aware of the "trolls", so I'm sure they would have discounted the extra votes.

They were aware but they had no way to make sure what votes were 'real' or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom