• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

It had to be a god, of all things.
Imposter Ditto is also god depending on who you ask lol People just have to be patient, all DW Pokemon will be released eventually I'm sure.

But I really want to use Ho-oh or Palkia in my team but can't because I don't use ubers. Giratina's debut form in D/P is suppose to be his weakened form yet it's uber, so Game Freak really is listening to us non-uber users.

Both formes of Giratina have a BST of 680. The only real difference is that one is defense oriented while the other is attack oriented. I get what your saying though, legendary Pokemon shouldn't be left to collect dust in the box. Thats why I think they should introduce an uber facility or something to the effect of one that allows players to battle with those Pokemon.

Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

@Pomegranate I seee! Someone traded me that then, I know it's obviously not 'legit' if it hasn't been released, but up until I didn't know it was special, lol. I'm guessing neither did they.

Arceus most certainly isn't a bad Pokemon competitively; it's one of the best, for sure. But the fact that most people would rather not use Ubers, or legendaries at all, and the fact that you can't use him in the Battle Subway or in the VGC's, makes Arceus more of a box-sitter.

In Gen5, you can EV train LV100 Pokemon because EVs are calculated at the end of every battle, not at each level up. So you can EV train a LV100 normally.

I'm sure others have pointed out your major contradiction here, but if anyone is offering Imposter Ditto on a trade forum, it would be hacked. :\

I remember that on this very forum, someone was kind enough to GIVE AWAY legit Eigakan Arceus...that's how I got mine, too. And it's easy to check if a Pokemon is hacked or not, especially with the "scans" the GTS and wifi Battles do before starting. So all I want to say to the people who are bashing those who are upset with the result of this poll is this:
It's actually not that difficult, if you try, to get a legit Arceus, even if you missed out on the events, and the fact that it's a Mythical Pokemon means that it would be released in the future through other events. There is no way to guarantee that Imposter Ditto would be released in the future, and it's, at the moment, impossible to get legit, so STOP BASHING THE COMPETITIVE PLAYERS./capsrage

I realised the contradiction, but I was fed up of people saying you could get an Arceus here. I wanted my own one, like I said. I would have loved to have had the Ditto too, but people seem to think that it won't get a release, which I think is stupid. Why wouldn't they release it?

That is awful. No way I'm wasting time on that.

Instead, I'm going to pretend there's a stable time loop where the Giratina that was formed in Sinjoh Ruins dreams up the Arceus that makes it.
Missed the point of wanting this specific Ditto?

In what world is Imposter Ditto legitimately available? Kind of hypocritical to go around saying you want a legit Arceus then telling the Ditto supporters to settle for some hack.

No, I realise it would be a hack, I'm just sick of people calling me a little kid because I want my own Arceus, and telling me to get a Pokémon that is most likely to be hacked in some way from a forum.

Last edited:

I realised the contradiction, but I was fed up of people saying you could get an Arceus here. I wanted my own one, like I said. I would have loved to have had the Ditto too, but people seem to think that it won't get a release, which I think is stupid. Why wouldn't they release it?

No, I realise it would be a hack, I'm just sick of people calling me a little kid because I want my own Arceus, and telling me to get a Pokémon that is most likely to be hacked in some way from a forum.
You can soft reset for event Pokemon's natures, so the only thing you can really do with a DW Arceus is nickname it, and while nicknames are a lovely feature to have, they're honestly the least of your problems. And since Arceus has had multiple distributions worldwide since its unveiling, it's actually not that easy to find hacks, unless you're looking in all the wrong places.

As for Ditto being released, I never saw anywhere GF saying that they would release all non-legendaries via DW, so we actually can't say for sure if all Pokemon will be released at all. A Mythical Pokemon, on the other hand, would be released in an almost cyclical manner, as we've seen with previous Mythical Pokemon.
That, my dear friend, is why GF needs to tone down the endgame legendaries/event Pokemon's powers so they can be OU material and anyone who's a fan of them such as myself can finally use them on their team without breaking their "no ubers" rules. They did it right with Kyurem, so why can't other endgame legendaries?
In the case of Kyurem, it may not be Ubers but it's still banned from Battle Subway and VGC's. El_'s got the right idea here; the better thing to do would be to offer more facilities for using legendaries as opposed to nerfing them. I'm sure many people would not be pleased with the idea of having box art mascots and endgame legendaries with stats and move pools comparable to an average wild Pokemon.

You know, looking back, I really should have voted for Darkrai, kyu.

I honestly think that Arceus winning is silly. There's no special benefit from the DW whatsoever, and chances are we're far from the end of Arceus' line.

I voted for Lucario, but overall I wanted either Lucario, Mew or Ditto to win.

I mean seriously. It's fine if you wanted/ want an Arceus, there's not much we can do about it now, is there? But people (myself included) are just saying that it was more or less a mistake, and if I could turn back time, I would change it. Many of the people who are happy with Arceus are expecting everyone to agree with their claims. Even to the point of being hypocrites. So, when people state their opinion, don't hate on it, because chances are nobody's hating on yours.

But, in the end, I'm waiting for Grey, and even if I get BW I'm not home for another month and a half or something. So I don't benefit from it at all. Regardless, I voted, and have stated my opinion. That's fine, right? (I'm asking this because I expect at least one person to flame me about posting this even though I don't have BW. Oh well.)

Last edited:

A Dream World ability ditto is not common. Not at all. Think before you right, please.

Your missing the point. YOu cant find a DW Ditto anywere at the moment.

Does this count as a Arceus event (im not sure on this, so....)

I know that!!...Umm, I meant, getting a Ditto(without the special ability) in the game(version games actually)...I seem to have ment the wrong thing...Sorry...

Technically
yes...This would be called a Arceus Dream World event....Unless I got my info wrong...

It's not that they want Ditto because they can't find it, they want Ditto for its Ability, which you can't get legitimately at this point.

Anyways, I voted for Ditto. I play competitively, and Ditto or Blaziken would have been my preferred choices. Arceus won? Well, there's another one for my collection of Eigakans and TRUs. Useful? Not in the least. But if people want a box-sitter that doesn't even count towards your "completed PokeDex diploma," then that's what they'll get. Too bad it wasn't Deoxys or Mew.
I figured that...I dont play competitively because I allways fail at it..So I have given up about two years ago to the collecting part of Pokemon
...My friend and me actually wanted Deoxys...

I honestly think that Arceus winning is silly. There's no special benefit from the DW whatsoever, and chances are we're far from the end of Arceus' line.

I voted for Lucario, but overall I wanted either Lucario, Mew or Ditto to win.

I mean seriously. It's fine if you wanted/ want an Arceus, there's not much we can do about it now, is there? But people (myself included) are just saying that it was more or less a mistake, and if I could turn back time, I would change it. Many of the people who are happy with Arceus are expecting everyone to agree with their claims. Even to the point of being hypocrites. So, when people state their opinion, don't hate on it, because chances are nobody's hating on yours.

But, in the end, I'm waiting for Grey, and even if I get BW I'm not home for another month and a half or something. So I don't benefit from it at all. Regardless, I voted, and have stated my opinion. That's fine, right? (I'm asking this because I expect at least one person to flame me about posting this even though I don't have BW. Oh well.)

I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me for wanting Arceus, it just irritates me when people call us little children for wanting our own one.

^
I think that's just a common stereotype - maybe most people, but not all people are children who want Arceus? I mean, I can say from personal experience that most people I've met who want Arceus are little kids. But of course, surely this is one of those "including but not limited to" situations.

Last edited:

Claiming that we may never get DW Ditto at this early point in Generation V is akin to someone claiming, after the release of Ruby and Sapphire, that we would never get Gen I and II Pokemon again because they weren't included in those specific games.

In all likelihood there is more than one game still to come in this generation, and many more opportunities to either revamp the Dream World or provide us with an entirely new method of obtaining DW ability Pokemon. With pretty much every Pokemon available in Black and White, either directly or via transfer from older games, GF wants to hold some stuff back to encourage us to buy future games in the series. This is why we haven't seen the release of every DW ability Pokemon yet. It's early days. Be patient.

No, that's just you being overly distrustful, and it doesn't really justify anything you said. There's also a world of difference between "may be a hack" and "definitely a hack" so your comparison was not equivalent.

Both Arceus and Ditto will be released in the future, I don't know where any delusion that either one (especially Arceus) won't.

The problem is, this was a chance to get a Pokemon with a DW ability early, and it was wasted.

Both Arceus and Ditto will be released in the future, I don't know where any delusion that either one (especially Arceus) won't.
As much as I agree with this, you sadly also have to take into consideration that there was nothing stopping the release of the Azure Flute, which would give you an Arceus that unlocked the Sinjoh Ruins event a second time, and the mystery box which contained an extra TM in gen 5, but neither of those were released, despite having data programmed into the games for them. So there's always a tiny bit of darkness you have to be wary of in situations like this.

As much as I agree with this, you sadly also have to take into consideration that there was nothing stopping the release of the Azure Flute, which would give you an Arceus that unlocked the Sinjoh Ruins event a second time, and the mystery box which contained an extra TM in gen 5, but neither of those were released, despite having data programmed into the games for them. So there's always a tiny bit of darkness you have to be wary of in situations like this.

Those are items. There have been unreleased items in the past and probably will be in the future, but there's never been a Pokemon with something special about it that hasn't been released.

But then again we have to keep in mind that there are now over 600 different "special" Pokemon, so if they just picked randomly it would be quite a while until Ditto was chosen...

The only way this impacts me is I'll be getting a shiny Arceus (unless they decide to be mean and make it impossible to be shiny). Woot!

The only way this impacts me is I'll be getting a shiny Arceus (unless they decide to be mean and make it impossible to be shiny). Woot!

If it's anything like past events or all the other DW Pokemon, it will be impossible for it to be shiny.

Well, that sucks. At least I get to catch one instead of getting it from an event?

Anyone can call me delusional, but I still beleive we'll eventually get the lock capsule event.

The problem is, this was a chance to get a Pokemon with a DW ability early, and it was wasted.
THANK YOU you couldn't have said it any more clearer.
People who wanted their who Arceus more power to you.The fact is people get strategic in this game its not all Smoochums and Luvdiscs no more.Also as Pokemon fans we have to leave room for disappointment/errors.I wish people could vote for Political leaders as they do American Idol and Pokemon and DWTS.

THANK YOU you couldn't have said it any more clearer.
People who wanted their who Arceus more power to you.The fact is people get strategic in this game its not all Smoochums and Luvdiscs no more.Also as Pokemon fans we have to leave room for disappointment/errors.I wish people could vote for Political leaders as they do American Idol and Pokemon and DWTS.

By spamming the polls with votes over and over again by the same person and gaming the system to get the person they want winning no matter how in the minority they are?

I much prefer our elections the way they are if this is any sign of what it would be like. :x

I totally agree with the majority that this is a waste. I wanted something with a useful DW ability and something that isn't an uber legendary. I already have an Arceus that was imported from Pearl, so even trying to complete my pokedex with this thing is useless. The fact that it is also one of my least favorite legendaries doesn't make this any better. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom