• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Black & White CN Timeslot Change! it begins "again" **UPDATE**

Sweenix

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
it's begining guys!! pokemon has been moved from the 9:00am slot to 8:30am starting january 7th

source

Pokemon: Black & White | Free Games and Video Clips | Cartoon Network

Saturday morning Schedule

Saturday
05:00AM TBA
05:30AM TBA
06:00AM TBA
06:30AM TBA
07:00AM TBA
07:30AM Redakai(NEW)
08:00AM Beyble Metal Masters(NEW)
08:30AM Pokemon Black & White(NEW)
09:00AM Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
09:30AM Star Wars The Clone Wars
10:00AM Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge(NEW)
10:30AM Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge(NEW + Aring Once)
11:00AM Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge(NEW + Aring Once)

source toonzone

**UPDATE**
Pokemon has another time slot change it's sunday morning repeat is now airing at 8:30am instead of 7:00am

source
http://www.toonzone.net/forums/show...r-Returning-January-2-2012-11-00-10-00c/page3

Sunday, January 8, 2011
7:30 AM- Redakai
8:00 AM- Beyblade: Metal Masters
8:30 AM- Pokemon: Black and White
9:00 AM- Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
9:30 AM- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
10:30 AM- MOVIE: Scooby-Doo! and the Alien Invaders
12:00 PM- MOVIE: Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring
3:30 PM- MAD
5:00 PM- Adventure Time
6:00 PM- MOVIE: Surf's Up

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon Black & White CN Timeslot Change! it begins "again"

it's begining guys!! pokemon has been moved from the 9:00am slot to 8:30am starting january 7th

source

Pokemon: Black & White | Free Games and Video Clips | Cartoon Network

i don't know why they are doing this?? pokemon has been the highest rated cn show on the saturday morning slot :/

i expect by december next year Pokemon will be at 7:30am and then then it will go back to the 7:00am slot.

CN is being stubborn as always

Wow. It's going back a half hour!

I don't see the big problem. It's not like it's being moved from 9 to 7 immediately.

We've seen before that a time changes does little to affect how popular pokemon is. There is no questioning that there is some kind of politics involved in this, though. The question is, what are they featuring in it's place?

Beyblade: Metal Masters was in the 8:30 AM slot, so they might be swapping that one in for 9 AM. Though that's a fairly popular show too if I'm not mistaken; not sure why it would need a better timeslot.

But yeah, this isn't nearly as bad as the sudden timeslot change DP suffered a few years back. And given how I feel about BW, maybe I'll fare better not waking up just in time to see it every week. XD

Well, previous highly rated shows like Beyblade and others have been doing pretty terribly rating wise while Pokemon has remained consistent......and really that's not surprising considering how CN doesn't advertise the Saturday block at all.

Still sucks.

*tons of bad words I shouldn't say on here* I have a hard enough time waking up to watch it at 9! Now I have to get up even earlier. I hate cartoon network!

Really considering how good Pokemon still does after all these years, one would think someone at Cartoon Network would consider advertising it a bit, or putting it at a better time than the dead zone that is Saturday mornings for Cartoon Network.

They're just trying to get kids to wake up earlier to be more productive on Saturdays. That's thoughtful of them.

That's beneficial, little kids wake up quite early and watch their favourite shows with their duvets on and their cereal bowls on their laps. That's what I remember doing as a child, anyway.

they have replaced pokemon time's slot with a ben 10 repeat

Ben 10 is a god awful waste of airtime, devoid of anything remotely resembling entertainment.

CN Y U BE TROLLING US?

im with you!

right now i don't know the full schedule but here is what's confirmed so far

7:00am - tba
7:30am - tba
8:00am - Beyblade metal masters
8:30am - Pokemon B & W
9:00am - Ben 10 Ultimate Alien
9:30am - Star wars the clone wars

cn has decided to move it's repeats up to a better time for some stupid reason

Probably because CN makes more money with their own properties.

Probably because CN makes more money with their own properties.

i understand that, but why would cn be stupid enough to change it's highest rated saturday morning show to an earlier slot

Probably because Pokemon gets high ratings wherever they put it.

Yeah, I think some of you are seriously overreacting to this. It's just a half hour difference people. I realize that some fans in the non-targeted demographic are late night partiers over the weekend. But you could go to sleep at midnight, get your full eight hours of sleep, and still have half an hour to get ready for the show in the morning.

As for why CN is making the time change, I'll add to what Musashi said. Obviously, Pokemon is not one of CartoonNetwork's in house productions. Therefore, they would have to share a percentage of profits made from ad revenues with the owners (in this case, TPCI). I imagine the same thing goes with their other outside programming in their lineups.

Having said all that, Pokemon is a sustainably popular marketing franchise. I imagine it could do well on TV anywhere on Saturday mornings between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM, so this change should have little effect on ratings.

Probably because Pokemon gets high ratings wherever they put it.

that's not true when pokemon changed from it's 9:00am slot to 7:00am the ratings dropped from 2.6 to 0.7

i mean look at these ratings
Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, November 26, 2011 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):
CARTOON NETWORK 1.8/9 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.3/16; Generator Rex 1.5/15; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.8/14; Beyblade: Metal Masters 2.0/12; Pokemon: Black & White 2.3/12; Redakai: Conquer the Kairu 1.6/7; Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge 1.4/6; Tom & Jerry (1x37) 1.6/7; Tom & Jerry: Sherlock Holmes (1x59) 2.0/9; Shrek (1x112) 2.3/10

i just hope it doesn't suffer in it's new timeslot

Last edited:

If it survied the last shift, when it came on at freaking 7 for a bit during DP, it'll survive this latest attempt by CN to try and get it's baby some good ratings.

Hooray, now I don't have as many conflicting shows to watch at that hour anymore. Then again it's not like I wake up at that hour anyway.

That and if CN wanted to kill Pokémon, don't you think they would have done it by now? Really they could have just sat on the episodes and withhold them from airing.

Hooray, now I don't have as many conflicting shows to watch at that hour anymore. Then again it's not like I wake up at that hour anyway.

That and if CN wanted to kill Pokémon, don't you think they would have done it by now? Really they could have just sat on the episodes and withhold them from airing.

it's all part of CN plans, they use pokemon's momentum to there advantage and they switch the shows around to get the fans to watch there shows!

**update**

well the news isn't so bad pokemon has been given a better time on the sunday morning repeat slot

changing from 7:00am to 8:30am

Sunday, January 8, 2011
7:30 AM- Redakai
8:00 AM- Beyblade: Metal Masters
8:30 AM- Pokemon: Black and White
9:00 AM- Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
9:30 AM- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
10:30 AM- MOVIE: Scooby-Doo! and the Alien Invaders
12:00 PM- MOVIE: Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring
3:30 PM- MAD
5:00 PM- Adventure Time
6:00 PM- MOVIE: Surf's Up

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom