• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like_Fahrenheit

You are beautiful to me, exile
Reaction score
for your enjoyment and thoughts:

[video=youtube;GokKUqLcvD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8&hd=1[/video]

july can't come soon enough

video uploaded by MovieclipsCOMINGSOON

This is easily the most impressive trailer I've seen in some time (or maybe watching the Battleship trailer just severely killed my expectations for films). Looks great, and definitely looks like Nolan plans to go out quite big.

jizz+in+my+pants.jpg

My patience wears thin already. And I'm going to go ahead and predict that Alfred will die.

Was that CGI being used for the destruction of the football field? I thought Nolan's Batman films is suppose to be realistic, in which 0% CGI and 100% realistic explosions, costumes, and make-up.

They use minimal CG. I would guess that for a scene on a scale such as that, they would need CG.

But couldn't they actually blow it up considering that CG is associated with supernatural events, which Nolan is trying to avoid in his Batman films?

I guess. Or maybe building then destroying a life sized football field wasn't in the budget? I don't know. The only way to find out would be behind-the-scenes docs.

EDIT: Watching it again, I noticed nearly all the players on the field fell down as the it collapsed. Perhaps it was too risky to have live actors on a real, imploding field, thus leaving the guy with the ball as the only actor running across either a real field that they would CG-ify later, or against a blue screen?

Last edited:
Why do I expect Batman to be crippled by the end of this movie? I'll admit that it's probably because of what Bane did to Batman in the comics, but this is shaping up to top Dark Knight.

Yeah, I really don't think they could do that football scene with practical effects since a guy couldn't outrun an explosion like that...

That being said, that scene seems pretty goofy since it appears the player with the ball doesn't even realize what's going on till he reaches the goal and turns around. :p

I am ecstatic for this film. I really enjoyed The Dark Knight and Batman Begins, and I'm predicting Nolan will repeat his magic. I'm curious how Joseph Gordon Levitt will play in though. I've heard mutterings of Nightwing AND The Riddler.

I am ecstatic for this film. I really enjoyed The Dark Knight and Batman Begins, and I'm predicting Nolan will repeat his magic. I'm curious how Joseph Gordon Levitt will play in though. I've heard mutterings of Nightwing AND The Riddler.

I keep hearing that he's just going to be another Gordon-like character. Possibly replacing Gordon (who we see hospitalized in that first teaser). Either way, he's a completely new character, so I guess anything's possible with him (which is good).

It'll be Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/a possibility of Catwoman, and Tom Hardy as Bane. Nolan was considering Johnny Depp for the Riddler, but decided against it. There can't be Nightwing without Robin first, and Nolan stated that there won't be Robin because "this is still a younger Batman."

I'm seriously stoked for this film, however, apart of me does not believe it will hold a candle to the previous. It actually has nothing to do with Anne Hathaway being Catwoman, but mostly the absence of the Joker. Heath Ledger was brilliant, and whose to say that Anne Hathaway could not be either. Although I wish we'd see more of the Catwoman costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom