• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW063: Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New scan and a summary:
BW062-1.png

Once again, I hope Bianca keeps the Escavalier in the end. The pokemon has a wild personality and provides Bianca yet another outlet for her comic relief.

All of Bianca's pokemon thus far have quirks that seem to fit or go against her personality for the purposes of comic relief. Pignite appears to be just as impulsive as Bianca is, sometimes mimicing her actions (such as when they screw up in an attack). Minccino appeared to be frantic like her trainer when it tried to clean up everyone's dusty items. From what we can see in the preview, her Accelgor does not appear to have such a strong personality that abide with this purpose.

It may have been true that her Shelmet was very timid before it evolved (such as when it was scared by Axew in a practice battle), but those personality traits seem to disappear after the evolution process. Accelgor appears to have all of its problems as a Shelmet (both temperament and strength) resolved as soon as it evolves. If Bianca kept her original pokemon in the end, it would simply give her a powerhouse while keeping every other fault about her training and battling the same.

On the other hand, Escavalier seems like the perfect obstacle for Bianca in order for her to improve as a trainer. It is a wild and ferocious pokemon yet very powerful at the same time. A lot of Bianca's losses in this series were stemmed not only from her inexperience as a trainer, but also because her pokemon were simply overpowered by those belonging to her opponents. This Escavalier may be the writers's answer for Bianca to not only have access to a powerful pokemon so that she can start to battle on an equal playing field, but also for the character to improve as a trainer when she learns to work alongside a pokemon that she should have trouble with.

Screenplay: Junki Takegami
Storyboard: Yūji Asada
Assistant director: Takenori Kawada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Lost all my interest about this episode !
I was interested at first cause I thought Ash might catch a Klinklang in this episode but the new ending shows that Ash won't gonna catch klinklang or any other steal type pokemon soon.
This Episode is nothing more then a waste of a weak about how great Clian's Curstle is and how pathetic Ash's Boldore is.
Shissss Isn't this worst enough that Trade evolution become official in this episode that Writer has to add salt into the fire by that tag battle !
Some people are going on & on about Bianca's development in this episode but what kind of development Bianca having by getting single handedly knock down by Clian alone with Prof Junifer.
She's not gonna beat Ash on her own in this episode. Instate She just gonna follow Prof Junifer guidence.
Plus, Why Ash has to be the punching bag for Bianca's development . Why can't another character become the Punching bag instate of Ash.
So U see, That Tag battle victory was totally unnecessary and it ruin the whole episode before it even aired !
After all, '' Boldore blocking the Double hyper beam while Curstle attack with Shell Smash '' isn't really a hard idea.
It much better then ''Ash's Boldore getting knock out while Clian's Curstle pulls a heroic victory by knocking both pokemon '' !

Iwane is animating.

That right there means it's worth watching at least once to me.

487244632.jpg

Oh well, Escavalier kills Bianca.

NEW RIVAL, PLEASE.
Bel's "Snail" Pokemon, Chobomaki, and Prof. Araragi's "Stickon" Pokemon, Kaburumo, are to be traded. Before the trade, the two battle, and the shy Chobomaki is overwhelmed by Kaburumo. After the trade, the one who is too strong goes to Bel.
New scan and a summary:
BW062-1.png
Satoshi and friends watch the moment Bel's Chobomaki and Prof. Araragi's Kaburumo are wirelessly traded. In the wireless trade Chobomaki evolves to Agilder, and Kaburumo to Chevargo, and each heads to its respective master.
But Chevargo who heads to Bel, runs wild, and...

So is this how they'll handle not having enough badges to control a traded Pokemon, I wonder...?

Wirelessly? They're really going with that? Awk.

Charmelon/Charizard was always sorta the issue of a pokemon originally belonging to another trainer not respecting its new trainer. It lasted past Ash getting 8 badges, but was that same sorta trust issue. If Araragi comes out and explicitly states Bel needs more badges I'll be surprised. That I see as one of those things that works in the games but won't happen exactly that way in the anime. Then again seeing how the anime can't really do the odd evolutions from the games, like Beldum, so the whole stealing its shell thing probably won't happen either. It'd be cool, but at least the two evolutions should look good seeing how nice they've been looking in BW.

I'm wondering if they're going to evolve after coming out of their pokeballs, or just come out evolved.

Hope it's the first.

Smash Preview
- More shots of the trade, on the trade machine.
- A camera scan of Juniper, Ash and co. and then Bianca, who is waiting for the trade and being happy happy with the trade.
- Shelmet goes back into its shell during its fight with Karrablast.
- Karrablast quickly evolves in the air.
- Boldore uses Rock Blast on Escavalier.
- Escavalier chases Bianca.

Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wqCRzA4f8Q&context=C30ac442ADOEgsToPDskJV1m01WRnU76mHBTzEliuG

Last edited:
So I was gonna complain about how they don't show any like shell stealing or anything, but then I read the pokedex entries. They're sorta dumb. Shelmet's is like "OMG they evolve for some unknown reason because of magical energy," but Escavalier's is like "it evolved because it's wearing Shelmet's clothes." So like you'd think they'd figure out how that evolution happens. But yeah, I think it'd be cooler if they portrayed the more obscure evolutions for real. I thought they actually might since they seem to have upped the evolution budget in BW.

ポケットモンスターBW「通信交換進化!シュバルゴとアギルダー!!」: 週間番組表 : 番組情報 : テレビ東京

Nothing new from the VA List, but it does mention Paparagi(From Google Translate) That wouldn't mean Junipers dad, would it? Probably not.

@bluesun Could you translate this?
Paparagi? They're going with that? Awk.

Satoshi and friends' eyes shine as Chobomaki and Kaburumo are wirelessly traded. The pair evolve respectively into Agilder and Chevargo! But the evolved Chevargo has quite a dangerous Personality...!?
Part 1
Satoshi and friends watch the moment Bel's "Snail" Pokemon, Chobomaki, and Prof. Araragi's "Stickon" Pokemon, Kaburumo, are wirelessly traded. But Bel's Chobomaki's Personality is Timid, and even in a battle it gets overwhelmed by Kaburumo with its Personality of Assertive, and doesn't look too well. Then, it's finally time for the wireless trade to begin!
Part 2
And so! Chobomaki evolves to the "Shedskin" Pokemon, Agilder! And Kaburumo to the "Cavalry" Pokemon, Chevargo!! ...but that's the problem! Chevargo, who went to Bel, in a sudden change from its Personality of Assertive as a Chobomaki, its Personality became Too Aggressive, and Bel knows not what to do with it. Seeing Bel, Prof. Araragi proposes a Satoshi;Dent VS Bel;Araragi Tag Battle, but...

"Personality" is what Nature is called in Japanese. So Natures do exist in the anime.

Personalities/Natures have been referenced before in the anime, I'm pretty sure?

"Paparagi" ahaha I love it. So he's going to be in this episode to troll Aurea orrrrr????? Unless he just shows up randomly at the end or something to set up the ruins episode idk. I want to see him and Aurea interact so bad, I don't even know why.

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom