• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

I just watched the new ending and think it's cute! I hope the small part with the TRio is foreshadowing to something. Maybe they'll have happy times up ahead? I wish. Lol

I love speculating too. At first I was convinced they would never be flushed out of the show, but I'm not anymore, not at all :(. It's very sad considering Shudo wrote that Pokemon without Team Rocket wouldn't be Pokemon, to which I agree.
Yeah, everyone was sure about it until BW :< Now nobody can say for sure what's gonna happen.

I'm not sure I would enjoy them quitting Team Rocket and settling down together. It would be sweet for sure, but I feel that being in Team Rocket is intrinsically part of their identity as characters. They did it in Electric Tales though, so I guess it could happen. I can't really explain why I feel like that, maybe it's just nostalgia. But... my thoughts are a bit contradictory on the matter; I don't know what I want lol.
Well, it's hard to imagine them without Team Rocket for sure and you're right that it's a huge part of their identity. However, how would you see their ending if they stayed in Team Rocket? I can't see them staying somehow. And about settling down? My feelings about this used to be contradictory as well. After DP117, I actually wanted them to die together like in Japanese suicidal love stories (it would fit them so much!). I still do (I know it sounds bad), but I know it's not possible. DP had J's death and Akagi's suicide (well, that was pretty much it in my view), but Musashi and Kojiro are on a different level, no matter how much more serious they've become in BW. Too many people would have their hearts broken and die from sadness, including me :<

Maybe them settling down wouldn't be very interesting idea, but I think they deserve it after so many crazy years. They won't be young forever, you know (wait, they are! XD)
However, I don't really care about how the ending would look like as long as it doesn't involve arresting them (I can't see that happen though), but it involves Rocketshipping :3

I remember reading something along those lines. Nonetheless, I wonder if the staff paid some kind of respect to Shudo's opinion even when he didn't have any decision-making power.
Not really. He said in his blogs later that he wasn't happy how the anime got childish and how the Rockets became nothing but the punchbags and comic reliefs. Some of us were speculating about what happened in the end of DP and whether Tomioka&co read the blogs and decided to change the Rockets' fate for better. Because honestly, it's a shame that Rockets, having so much potential, has been neglected by the writers for so many years. The producer Masakazu Kubo (aka Omae-sama), the one who always had fights with Shudo over Rocket's role in the anime, paid respect to him barely after his death. Better late than never, but still, I hate him :/

If you insist lol. I've recently rewatched a Johto episode that I believe contained a shippy hint from the staff. I hadn't noticed anything when I was a kid. However, I only have access to the dub, so it might not even exist in the original. Unfortunately, Dogasu's page has not made a comparison. The episode in question is "The Heartbreak of Brock". Around 11:00, Jessie says without much concern that "James has himself a girlfriend." to which Meowth reacts quite surprisingly. So my first question is: do you know what Musashi said precisely? If yes, did you consider Nyasu's reaction as a hint?
I'd gladly check that, as I got curious myself, if only I could find this episode in Japanese :/

Well, it's hard to imagine them without Team Rocket for sure and you're right that it's a huge part of their identity. However, how would you see their ending if they stayed in Team Rocket? I can't see them staying somehow. And about settling down? My feelings about this used to be contradictory as well. After DP117, I actually wanted them to die together like in Japanese suicidal love stories (it would fit them so much!). I still do (I know it sounds bad), but I know it's not possible. DP had J's death and Akagi's suicide (well, that was pretty much it in my view), but Musashi and Kojiro are on a different level, no matter how much more serious they've become in BW. Too many people would have their hearts broken and die from sadness, including me :<

I have not yet imagined a distinct ending in which they would stay in Team Rocket. J&J could show signs of having become a couple, give up on Pikachu once and for all and simply continue their career. A bit like Bonnie and Clyde, except that I don't want to see them dying xD! I wouldn't like that, it'd be so sad to lose such great characters as you stated. If Shudo were still an active staff member, Team Rocket's ending could have looked like the Dorombo Gang's ending maybe... who knows? xD [Edit] Nvm, I finally read his blog with more attention and it's actually the other way around. I thought he liked the Dorombo gang, but it seems he didn't!

The trio separates, but then they realise they can't live without each other and reunite 1 minute later. I think they get back to work after, but I don't understand Japanese and I'm too lazy to attempt to translate it.
[video=youtube;ce-FxdhEdbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce-FxdhEdbM[/video]

Maybe them settling down wouldn't be very interesting idea, but I think they deserve it after so many crazy years. They won't be young forever, you know (wait, they are! XD)
However, I don't really care about how the ending would look like as long as it doesn't involve arresting them (I can't see that happen though), but it involves Rocketshipping :3

I agree they would deserve it! As I said, I'm not sure of what I'd prefer. Maybe they could pursue their career as a couple for a while then settle down later (I'd really like to see them work for Team Rocket as a couple). They would never age enough for that though lol.

Not really. He said in his blogs later that he wasn't happy how the anime got childish and how the Rockets became nothing but the punchbags and comic reliefs. Some of us were speculating about what happened in the end of DP and whether Tomioka&co read the blogs and decided to change the Rockets' fate for better. Because honestly, it's a shame that Rockets, having so much potential, has been neglected by the writers for so many years. The producer Masakazu Kubo (aka Omae-sama), the one who always had fights with Shudo over Rocket's role in the anime, paid respect to him barely after his death. Better late than never, but still, I hate him :/
Oh right, I remember. I really need to read Shudo's blog more thoroughly since I read it quite fast because of university lol. Neglecting the Rockets is a real shame, I agree. Going back to the Dorombo gang, these bad guys have as much screentime (if not more) than the good guys themselves. The Rockets deserve such credit :p.

I'd gladly check that, as I got curious myself, if only I could find this episode in Japanese :/

Cool. If you ever find it... well you know... I didn't say anything! *whistles innocently*

Last edited:
My dear friends, never lose your hopes. Rocketshipping was, is and will be always alive. You may never know when you learn about something awesome.

Remember how I said that Shudo didn't say anything about Rocketshipping? Bullshit. He did, even if it was a small sentence I missed. But he did!

WEB

Takeshi Shudo said:
"Kojiro is a noble son of good family. This means that for sure, he got a good upbrining and sense of what's right and wrong. But still, he left home and is doing job at Team Rocket. In spite of his original way of life, he went in totally opposite direction. He also may complain about his useless pokemon, but he still cares about them a lot. In short, it's all because he unconsciously denies the proper way of life. He also doesn't try to avoid gaffes and mistakes. Even if he knows about it, he still does it. Maybe it gives him a pleasant feeling. And surely, he must love Musashi, whose character is similar to his. He also doesn't hate Nyasu, who pretends to be a human"

OH. MY. GOD. SO. MANY. FEELS. <333333333333333333333333333333333 *can't stop yelling*

Last edited:
I have the Japanese version of that episode. I'll check the line tomorrow.

But first...

OH. MY. GOD. SO. MANY. FEELS. <333333333333333333333333333333333 *can't stop yelling*

THIS SO MUCH. ;_;

During DP (mostly after DP117 aired) I kept asking here why Kojiro never had a goal. Musashi has her Contests/Becoming an Idol, Nyasu has a lot of talents/interests that make him stray from the Rockets, but Kojiro never had anything. Even in anime topics the best people could come up with for a job for him if he ever left the Rocket-Dan was "breeder" (something I don't agree with) because he just never showed an interest in anything other than the Rocket-Dan.

Now we know why his only goal is the Rocket-Dan!

DP117 made it painfully obvious he only wants to travel with his friends. And by golly, we were right that it was mainly because of his feelings for Musashi! :crush:

Now I'm even more convinced his blogs are just exerpts from the series Bible. Junki must have been looking through it and found some inspiration. <3

THIS SO MUCH. ;_;

During DP (mostly after DP117 aired) I kept asking here why Kojiro never had a goal. Musashi has her Contests/Becoming an Idol, Nyasu has a lot of talents/interests that make him stray from the Rockets, but Kojiro never had anything. Even in anime topics the best people could come up with for a job for him if he ever left the Rocket-Dan was "breeder" (something I don't agree with) because he just never showed an interest in anything other than the Rocket-Dan.

DP117 made it painfully obvious he only wants to travel with his friends. And by golly, we were right that it was mainly because of his feelings for Musashi! :crush:
Exactly! I've always had such a hunch about Kojiro, especially DP117 made it soooo blatant. Team Rocket is only a way for him to be together with Musashi! I'm happy we were right! <3
Now that Shudo said that, now we need Kojiro to tell Musashi he's in Team Rocket for her <3 Go, Kojiro!

Btw, I remember how I felt the relief after I read that Pokeshipping article and found out he didn't say anything about Rocketshipping. I've thought it's good, because if he did, he he must have say something bad!
I've had problems how to translate "suki", because its meaning really depends on the context, but after looking it up in Japanese-Japanese dictionary, I came to conclusion that "to feel affection for someone" would be the most right. Especially if Shudo really made it sound as if Nyasu was only a friend and Musashi was someone more (exactly like Junki did in DP117)... so I guess I translated it right.

Now I'm even more convinced his blogs are just exerpts from the series Bible. Junki must have been looking through it and found some inspiration. <3
Btw, this entry was written two months after DP117 aired, so I wonder if Shudo was thinking about this episode when writing this. Seriously, Junki seems to be the only one who've always followed his instructions. And he still does, years after Shudo stepped down as a series constructor.

DP117 was a mile stone episode for Rocketshipping in DP. There was also DP054, but its effect was nowhere near DP117's. Until that episode, we really had more anti-Rocketshipping than Rocketshipping FOR YEARS. I wonder if DP117, didn't come out as a result of Junki remembering about Shudo's instructions and noticing how much new episodes are in contrary with his views. It feels like he treated this episode like some kind of manifesto. To remind every other person in the staff what's Kojiro in Team Rocket for. Due to a few episodes in AG and early DP, some people started to believe that he just doesn't suit TR, because he's "a good guy" and he hates the job anyway.

That's why, Rakurai Center episode especially was a huge bullshit. Kojiro standing up to Musashi and leaving her crying alone in the forest because he wanted to help some stupid pokemon and cooperate with the twerps? The most OOC episode ever, everyone can agree, no matter if they're Rocketshippers or not.

So Junki, seeing what's happening, came up with DP117 as soon as he got a chance. After this episode, relationship between Musashi and Kojiro started visibly to change for better, step by step. Who knows what happened during one of those writers' meetings they have. Did he really have an influence on Tomioka and other writers (even Oohashi stopped his antirocketshipping bullshit!)?

Now, how can this affect BW Rocketshipping? As we know, Junki isn't writing Rockets really, but instead it's Oohashi. As if they put Rocketshipping in coma on purpose...
I'm now more positive that something will happen in the end, big time. It must be something from Kojiro's side.

I can imagine a scene, where Musashi and Kojiro leave Team Rocket and Musashi looks sad. Kojiro tells her that it doesn't matter to him as long as he can stay with her and that she was the reason, why he put too many feels for me to think. He asks her whether she wants to stay with him. She smiles and tells yes and kisses him and makes out with him<3

Last edited:
I'm not sure DP117 was some sort of reminder episode. I can't remember who said this now, but someone had the theroy that the writer's were getting out all these Rocket focus episodes because they knew things were changing in BW. So they knew this was Rocketshipping's big episode before they changed so we'd all know where things stood.

I'm not sure DP117 was some sort of reminder episode. I can't remember who said this now, but someone had the theroy that the writer's were getting out all these Rocket focus episodes because they knew things were changing in BW. So they knew this was Rocketshipping's big episode before they changed so we'd all know where things stood.
I thought it was your theory xD; But yeah, I guess that's right. And in BW, we may not get a Rocketshipping's big episode until the very end ;__; I'd be ok with that, but only if we get character-focused arcs episodes for Musashi and Kojiro. I mean, Nyasu had his time... unless it was only because Inuko wanted this :/ Megumi and MikiShin need to whine too XD

Omgosh guys, I needed something to get me back into a rocketshippy mood <3

Best news I've heard about the anime in awhile! I'm so happy Shudo mentioned something like this. I always thought it was a bit strange he wrote so much about the rockets and never said anything about whether they had any feelings for each other. But I took that as, "no news is good news." It's great you translated this for us, Jeska, thanks!!

THIS. I remember months and months ago we were speculating why Kojiro didn't have a goal like Musashi does. Now we have a pretty good answer.

Wahhh this makes my OTP of all OTPs half-canon!! ;__;

;_____________;

My dear friends, never lose your hopes. Rocketshipping was, is and will be always alive. You may never know when you learn about something awesome.

Remember how I said that Shudo didn't say anything about Rocketshipping? Bullshit. He did, even if it was a small sentence I missed. But he did!

WEB

Oh my gosh, that's so awesome!!! I sincerely hope the actual writers will consider this seriously! And even if they don't, Shudo is the one who created the couple so he's the boss in my heart xP!

I wouldn't say that James is staying in Team Rocket solely for Jessie based on Shudo's above quote. I really don't perceive that. Don't forget he joined Team Rocket on his own, while being most certainly unaware Jessie had joined too. Of course, there must be a reason for him staying a member of the organization (and let's assume it's not because members who quit get killed or something). I still think James is simply lost in life, that he has no goal. That's what I interpret from these sentences: "In short, it's all because he unconsciously denies the proper way of life. He also doesn't try to avoid gaffes and mistakes. Even if he knows about it, he still does it." To me, he seems like a lost soul. Of course, I'm not excluding that Jessie (and Meowth) is another factor that makes him stay in the gang, but I wouldn't say he's staying in Team Rocket only for her.

Oh my gosh, that's so awesome!!! I sincerely hope the actual writers will consider this seriously! And even if they don't, Shudo is the one who created the couple so he's the boss in my heart xP!
For me, personally he became my personal god ;D

I wouldn't say that James is staying in Team Rocket solely for Jessie based on Shudo's above quote. I really don't perceive that. Don't forget he joined Team Rocket on his own, while being most certainly unaware Jessie had joined too.
Nobody here said that he joined for Musashi. It was more like, Musashi chose him to be her partner. So originally he joined only because he rebelled against the proper way of life his parents were teaching him (who knows what he was doing earlier before he joined TR and after he ran away from home). Like you said, he was lost soul. In the Hoso he said that he was always running away. It's like he found custody in Team Rocket and enjoyed it. He found family, that is, Musashi and Nyasu. I bet he didn't even expect that to happen. He was originally this way and he originally had no goal. But then, he found his goal after he joined TR. It became for him the way to stay with his friends. To follow their dreams together.

Of course, there must be a reason for him staying a member of the organization (and let's assume it's not because members who quit get killed or something). I still think James is simply lost in life, that he has no goal. That's what I interpret from these sentences: "In short, it's all because he unconsciously denies the proper way of life. He also doesn't try to avoid gaffes and mistakes. Even if he knows about it, he still does it." To me, he seems like a lost soul. Of course, I'm not excluding that Jessie (and Meowth) is another factor that makes him stay in the gang, but I wouldn't say he's staying in Team Rocket only for her.
Sure, he enjoys his job, but why? You took these sentences out of context - they only work with the next ones. I'll paraphrase these for you. "Maybe it gives him a pleasant feeling. And perhaps, he must feel affection for Musashi, whose character is similar to his. He also doesn't hate Nyasu, who pretends to be a human". Shudo is wondering here, why he still does this job, even if he fails so much and is a good guy at heart and he's aware that what he's doing is wrong. Maybe it gives him a pleasant feeling. But why? The most probably it's because he MUST (he really used that word and also used "na" sentence ending after "suki" for emphasis - so I should have really written "must" in capitals) feel affection for Musashi. So it was more like he ended it up with a logical conclusion from all his thoughts from earlier. I also kinda failed translating "soshite" as "and" as if it was completely different reason, not an outcome of the last sentence.

Besides, could you see him staying in Team Rocket without Musashi? She must be by his side or else all of this doesn't have sense. Without Musashi (and Nyasu) he's a lost soul again and he doesn't feel complete.

Btw, I loved how he used words as "maybe" and "probably", treating him like a real, individual person he pretends to not have control over. The Japanese never speak too directly about other person's wishes, feelings, ambitions etc, because they're not THAT person themselves and they never can't be sure about their motives. You could think it's different when it comes to an anime creator speaking about characters that were born in his mind. Who else knows better their motives, if not him? But no, he still treats them like real people :3 And they really were like real people to him. They were his children to him, not just anime characters.

Nobody here said that he joined for Musashi. It was more like, Musashi chose him to be her partner. So originally he joined only because he rebelled against the proper way of life his parents were teaching him (who knows what he was doing earlier before he joined TR and after he ran away from home). Like you said, he was lost soul. In the Hoso he said that he was always running away. It's like he found custody in Team Rocket and enjoyed it. He found family, that is, Musashi and Nyasu. I bet he didn't even expect that to happen. He was originally this way and he originally had no goal. But then, he found his goal after he joined TR. It became for him the way to stay with his friends. To follow their dreams together.
I didn't state anyone had said he joined for Musashi ;P! I was just pointing out there could be a second reason for him staying in Team Rocket since there was a reason for him joining in the first place (which you stated here).

Sure, he enjoys his job, but why? You took these sentences out of context - they only work with the next ones. I'll paraphrase these for you. "Maybe it gives him a pleasant feeling. And perhaps, he must feel affection for Musashi, whose character is similar to his. He also doesn't hate Nyasu, who pretends to be a human". Shudo is wondering here, why he still does this job, even if he fails so much and is a good guy at heart and he's aware that what he's doing is wrong. Maybe it gives him a pleasant feeling. But why? The most probably it's because he MUST (he really used that word and also used "na" sentence ending after "suki" for emphasis - so I should have really written "must" in capitals) feel affection for Musashi. So it was more like he ended it up with a logical conclusion from all his thoughts from earlier. I also kinda failed translating "soshite" as "and" as if it was completely different reason, not an outcome of the last sentence.

I suppose it's very hard not to get any element lost in translation when converting from Japanese to English. I indeed read the "And" as the start of an independent thought rather than the consequence of the previous sentence. Therefore, I'd rather not discuss this anymore since different interpretations could be drawn from the translation.

Besides, could you see him staying in Team Rocket without Musashi? She must be by his side or else all of this doesn't have sense. Without Musashi (and Nyasu) he's a lost soul again and he doesn't feel complete.
Of course not, never! =) I was just saying there could be another reason for him staying in Team Rocket. Both reasons would coexist and make his desire to stay stronger.

Btw, I loved how he used words as "maybe" and "probably", treating him like a real, individual person he pretends to not have control over. The Japanese never speak too directly about other person's wishes, feelings, ambitions etc, because they're not THAT person themselves and they never can't be sure about their motives. You could think it's different when it comes to an anime creator speaking about characters that were born in his mind. Who else knows better their motives, if not him? But no, he still treats them like real people :3 And they really were like real people to him. They were his children to him, not just anime characters.
I totally understand that feeling. Besides, many authors often state their characters are telling them their stories and feelings rather then the author creating everything.

I totally understand that feeling. Besides, many authors often state their characters are telling them their stories and feelings rather then the author creating everything.

When a character has been sufficiently developed, and given enough thought in the author's mind, that can very much be the case. Insofar as the author's brain has created a mental construct of that character that acts and "speaks" apart from the writer's conscious thoughts, that is. If they really did honestly believe that their characters were real, and were telling them the story as a true event, we'd have an entirely different problem. :lol:

I've been a fan of Rocketshipping for a long time, myself. I don't really want to involve myself in much debate or bashing, though. I just want to state my support for the pairing in general.

For a fic that I'm planning, I'm thinking that tame Rocketshipping will be part of it. It won't be the main focus (it will largely be an Original Trainer fic), but I'd like to have it in there. The timeline is the first-generation Kanto one. Any preliminary thoughts on that?

Attention everyone, I have an update for the translation!

Takeshi Shudo actually meant that Kojiro loves Musashi!

At first, I wasn't really sure how I hould translate word "suki" which can mean "like" as well as "love", depending on the context. However, we know how hard is to decide on the context, especially when we have shipping goggles on... However, there was one thing I thought was suspicious and did further research on it. I paid attention to the "o" particle in front of "suki", which was rather unexpected to see, as usually, "suki" goes with "ga". Like I thought, "o" was the key to the meaning of "suki". Thanks to it, "suki" sounds less reserved and more direct and serious. You can say "keeki ga suki desu" (I like cake), but you can't say "keeki o suki desu" (however if you want to say that you love cake, you say "keeki ga daisuki desu"). "~o suki" is practically reserved only for people and it means love. Since the Japanese aren't open with their feelings, such usage is rather rare. But when someone actually uses it... it's like OMG XD

I asked my linguistics teacher about it and this is what he pretty much said. I almost wanted to hug him! ^__^

HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

I suppose it's very hard not to get any element lost in translation when converting from Japanese to English. I indeed read the "And" as the start of an independent thought rather than the consequence of the previous sentence. Therefore, I'd rather not discuss this anymore since different interpretations could be drawn from the translation.
Yeah, especially if Japanese is a high-context language. Not to mention that English isn't my first language, so yeah :/

When a character has been sufficiently developed, and given enough thought in the author's mind, that can very much be the case. Insofar as the author's brain has created a mental construct of that character that acts and "speaks" apart from the writer's conscious thoughts, that is. If they really did honestly believe that their characters were real, and were telling them the story as a true event, we'd have an entirely different problem. :lol:
Lol, yeah xD But honestly I don't think they really believe it, it's just, you know, kind of a mental leap. It's not like they're hearing voices in their heads... I guess XD;
And welcome to the thread! :3

For a fic that I'm planning, I'm thinking that tame Rocketshipping will be part of it. It won't be the main focus (it will largely be an Original Trainer fic), but I'd like to have it in there. The timeline is the first-generation Kanto one. Any preliminary thoughts on that?
That sounds interesting :3

Last edited:
You have no idea how happy this news makes me. I have always loved Rocketshipping, always will, but certain factors *coughespeciallyAGcough* made it harder for me to keep my interest, even though it never really went away. BW made me fall in love with the ship all over again, and now this...this is just gold. Out of all the ships I like (and believe me, I like a lot of ships), Rocketshipping is the only one that I really, truly could see realistically happening, and now hearing this from Shudo himself...OMG. I am so happy. Long live this ship <3

Attention everyone, I have an update for the translation!

Takeshi Shudo actually meant that Kojiro loves Musashi!

At first, I wasn't really sure how I hould translate word "suki" which can mean "like" as well as "love", depending on the context. However, we know how hard is to decide on the context, especially when we have shipping goggles on... However, there was one thing I thought was suspicious and did further research on it. I paid attention to the "o" particle in front of "suki", which was rather unexpected to see, as usually, "suki" goes with "ga". Like I thought, "o" was the key to the meaning of "suki". Thanks to it, "suki" sounds less reserved and more direct and serious. You can say "keeki ga suki desu" (I like cake), but you can't say "keeki o suki desu" (however if you want to say that you love cake, you say "keeki ga daisuki desu"). "~o suki" is practically reserved only for people and it means love. Since the Japanese aren't open with their feelings, such usage is rather rare. But when someone actually uses it... it's like OMG XD

I asked my linguistics teacher about it and this is what he pretty much said. I almost wanted to hug him! ^__^

HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

Ooooooh, sexy news! Just one question though; how do you perceive the "perhaps" you translated? I hope it's because love is the feeling Shudo had, but due to his lack of decision-making power he expressed a nuance... Or maybe it's because J&J hadn't "told" him yet? xD

Yeah, especially if Japanese is a high-context language. Not to mention that English isn't my first language, so yeah :/

Lol, yeah xD But honestly I don't think they really believe it, it's just, you know, kind of a mental leap. It's not like they're hearing voices in their heads... I guess XD;
And welcome to the thread! :3

Yeah, these authors/writers aren't insane for sure (for the most part at least)! I think it's a way of expressing they instinctively feel what the character should or shouldn't do and of saying inspiration and new ideas appear on their own. But... I don't know much about such psychology and I think Punkreader stated it better.

Ooooooh, sexy news! Just one question though; how do you perceive the "perhaps" you translated? I hope it's because love is the feeling Shudo had, but due to his lack of decision-making power he expressed a nuance... Or maybe it's because J&J hadn't "told" him yet? xD
Oh shit, now I need another update XD "Osoraku" is actually closer to "surely" than "perhaps". Seriously, Japanese to English dictionaries suck. I had a hunch that it sounded wrong with "hazu da". Thanks for pointing it out. Sometimes I need such questions to improve my translations :3 Especially when they're quick and done at 5am xD;

Yeah, these authors/writers aren't insane for sure (for the most part at least)! I think it's a way of expressing they instinctively feel what the character should or shouldn't do and of saying inspiration and new ideas appear on their own. But... I don't know much about such psychology and I think Punkreader stated it better.
Yeah, she explained it so well! :D

You have no idea how happy this news makes me. I have always loved Rocketshipping, always will, but certain factors *coughespeciallyAGcough* made it harder for me to keep my interest, even though it never really went away. BW made me fall in love with the ship all over again, and now this...this is just gold. Out of all the ships I like (and believe me, I like a lot of ships), Rocketshipping is the only one that I really, truly could see realistically happening, and now hearing this from Shudo himself...OMG. I am so happy. Long live this ship <3
^This so much T__T It was really hard for me to stay Rocketshipper during AG years, but thanks to fanfics and my hopeful wishes I managed to survive, thinking that one day, it'd pay off. It did T__T I have no regrets over any second when I shipped them <3 Truly, Rocketshipping is just bond to happen.

There's one reason why I regret I found about this just now though. It's because I can't tell Shudo how much I love him anymore T__T Because, seriously, this man was always very important for me and I cried like crazy for a few days after he died, but now... OMG, Shudo T__T

Last edited:
Oh shit, now I need another update XD "Osoraku" is actually closer to "surely" than "perhaps". Seriously, Japanese to English dictionaries suck. I had a hunch that it sounded wrong with "hazu da". Thanks for pointing it out. Sometimes I need such questions to improve my translations :3 Especially when they're quick and done at 5am xD;

Yeah, she explained it so well! :D
No problem! I didn't even think it was an error. :p Because even then, why did he use "surely"? Why wasn't he convinced? The poor guy lacked of confidence! :( Just kidding.

I'm so happy like whoa after reading this. XD My oldest ship is more or less canon now, yay! Words cannot express how I feel right now. Everything makes so much sense.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom