• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I'd like to start the gym in a desert town, then more people will start to come as your gym grown and become more and more famous

OK, now for Abilities

Trap Dodger: Not hurt by entry hazards.
Survivalist: Takes normal damage from SE attacks.
Sweet dreams: Sleeping pokemon heal hp
Sticky surface: Decrease foes speed on entry.

One thing about the idea of running your own gym: what happens if you lose to challengers too much? Will you lose your position?

No. You're stuck with running the gym until you decide to retire or decide to do something else. Then someone else takes over. That's how it works in the anime.

Personally, I kind of like the idea of running your own gym, but I like the idea of becoming the champion after you beat the current champion better. I mean, that's how it works in the anime (Buck challenged Cynthia in the anime to become the new Sinnoh champion), and it's even implied in the game. After defeating the champion in any of the games, they call you the new champion. So doesn't that mean that you should take their place?

Trap Dodger: Not hurt by entry hazards.
Survivalist: Takes normal damage from SE attacks.
Sweet dreams: Sleeping pokemon heal hp
Sticky surface: Decrease foes speed on entry.

Trap Dodger: Wouldn't that be broken in the Metagame?
Survivalist: Again, broken?
Sweet Dreams: Wouldn't that be redundant because of Rest?
Sticky Surface: That sounds good, a good counter to fast foes.

Trap Dodger: Wouldn't that be broken in the Metagame?
Survivalist: Again, broken?
Sweet Dreams: Wouldn't that be redundant because of Rest?
Sticky Surface: That sounds good, a good counter to fast foes.

Trap Dodger could probably be broken or just useful depending on how it's used/who gets it, but Survivalist... yeah, no. Unless the only Pokemon it's on has like paper thin defenses.

Let me make a list of ideas;

Be released on all three console platforms, Pokemon is very succesful on the DS, a handheld device, now, if they released it on the next generation of consoles, it would be a huge step up. with consoles and online gaming revolutionising games and all. Handheld Pokemon games are getting old, samey, tired.

Appeal to older audiences. Pokemon is pissing me off a bit how they (GameFreak) have to tone it down for children. Prehaps make this one a one-off with a 15 rating and see how it goes.

Bigger platform = bigger game, make a huge reigon spanning at least 24 gyms (8 of which with mixed types, obviously.

Bigger, deeper and darker plotline

Main Protagonists are teenagers (B&W kinda got this right)

PC isn't a bloody mime! Give him some Character! Silent protagonists are a waste of character design if they don't have speech differing from YES and NO.

Plot twist at the end. Colosseum did this right. Twice.

Add more to online, new battle modes and bet matches (One player bets a Pokemon, and another gets to keep it should he defeat him in battle.)

Oh, and one last point, a big one at that; MAKE ALL POKEMON AVAILABLE ON ONE VERSION, OR BETTER STILL DON'T RELEASE TWO VERSIONS YOU CASH COWS.

Oooh, I like this.

What I want to see is a real-time style battle where control your pokémon in the battle and you can move around and attack. This would be an interesting mechanic as you can basically do hit and run techniques.

I'd like to have a cake Pokemon since the Vanillite line is so awesome.

I'd settle for in battle status conditions using gender pronouns. I mean, my parasect is a male, I want to see "He hurt himself in his confusion" not "It hurt itself in it's confusion".

I'd like to have a cake Pokemon since the Vanillite line is so awesome.

Something like that would in fact add more fuel to all the "gf is running out of ideas for making pokemon" debate, you know. We'll have no end of annoying people saying how Gen1's bland designs are better than gen6's.

Hey, how about an option to play as the player character OR the rival?

I'll take HGSS for instance. Or GSC. Whichever.

You can choose Ethan and go the normal route which we all know yadda yadda yadda...and win the league, become champion, end of story.

BUT!! You can choose as the RIVAL and play a different story. You start from whatever home you had and travel to New Bark Town (this will be done by the computer as an introduction). Instead of getting a pokemon from Elm, you actually look through the lab window from outside. You choose what pokemon you want, and then there's this animation where you STEAL the pokemon. Of course, Ethan would've already chosen a pokemon, but let's say you don't know what. When you meet Ethan near Cherrygrove, he has a pokemon with the type advantage (or disadvantage. Whichever)

Hey, how about an option to play as the player character OR the rival?

I'll take HGSS for instance. Or GSC. Whichever.

You can choose Ethan and go the normal route which we all know yadda yadda yadda...and win the league, become champion, end of story.

BUT!! You can choose as the RIVAL and play a different story. You start from whatever home you had and travel to New Bark Town (this will be done by the computer as an introduction). Instead of getting a pokemon from Elm, you actually look through the lab window from outside. You choose what pokemon you want, and then there's this animation where you STEAL the pokemon. Of course, Ethan would've already chosen a pokemon, but let's say you don't know what. When you meet Ethan near Cherrygrove, he has a pokemon with the type advantage (or disadvantage. Whichever)

(in a sarcastic voice) Yes! Let's have a game for kids that lets you STEAL THINGS!!! Call it Grand Theft Pokemon version!

They would need to have two separate save files then!

Instead of the idea of the main character getting a starter Pokemon, how about you (the rival) would get to choose between starter Pokemon, but let the main character have one of three normal Pokemon instead for the sake of not causing paradoxes?

Or just let the player character chose his Pokemon from the remaining two after you steal yours? Have Elm give him the stronger starter specifically so he can take you down and get the Pokemon back. Which doesn't happen, of course, but you get the idea.

(in a sarcastic voice) Yes! Let's have a game for kids that lets you STEAL THINGS!!! Call it Grand Theft Pokemon version!

You're right. The games already let you run away from home, travel alone at night, gamble, dole out vigilante justice, hunt wildlife, capture wild life in undersized containers, release them in new, foreign ecosystems, pump them up with steroids, cause earthquakes, start fires indoors, swim across oceans, fly bareback on trained birds, start breeding programs for "quality", enter contests without the permission of a parent or guardian, handle poisons, attempt to perform medical care untrained on animals, interfere in police investigations and enter strangers' homes at night without permission. We've gotta draw the line at theft. We're not monsters, here.

-I'd like some extent of customization for the main character. Pick a trainer class, choose from a few hair styles and clothing combinations. Doesn't need to be too complicated.

-Very very rarely (like shiny rare), run into a randomly generated rare pokemon who has been partially trained and abandoned. Their happiness will be pretty much non-existant and harder to raise up. Maybe some distinguishing marks, like scars or old collars or something.

-More unusual type combinations, yes.

-More dark, poison, and fire pokemon...which is totally my self-indulgence talking because they are my favorite types.

And finally, I like being able to take my Pokemon games with me wherever I go, and being on a major system would hinder that. Not to mention there's a lot of people in my household at the moment, and I can't tie up the television like that.

Something like that would in fact add more fuel to all the "gf is running out of ideas for making pokemon" debate, you know. We'll have no end of annoying people saying how Gen1's bland designs are better than gen6's.

Still want one.

I like the idea of gym creation but loath the idea of your character for a main series game being a gym leader. The collection exploring training and other things players do post game doesn't make sense for a gym leader. Not to mention, beating a champion to become a gym leader makes no sense. But there are ways to go about this if they make it like a level editor. They can make a separate game all about creating gyms like dieter said. The thing though is to play a player made gyms using a main series game would be tricky. Because the main series game would have to have data for it meaning they would have to be co released so, yeah gamers three Pokemon games at once hope you're not broke right now. Think about that people are not likely to buy three games at once outside of December and they only make money off the new copies so that can cause trouble. I guess they can hold off on making to twin versions if they make it so you need the level editor to catch them all and I think I know how. Each trainer would have a value based on there trainer class which will go up based on which pokemon they have and which moves they use which are chosen by the player (to block cheating to make it easy they can only have 2 status moves per poke) based on how many trainers they are and what their values are the challenger would get a points similar to BP or just BP. Which can be used to buy pokemon or a method of getting the pokemon what ever the designers want.

A very strange type combination like fire and water
three types on one pokemon rather than 2
nice music like in white opelucid city
3 rivals instead of 2 like black and white, all on different levels of AI and differing strategies
cute pokemon, especially starters and easily catchable ones

That's it

-Very very rarely (like shiny rare), run into a randomly generated rare pokemon who has been partially trained and abandoned. Their happiness will be pretty much non-existant and harder to raise up. Maybe some distinguishing marks, like scars or old collars or something.

Definitely this! It would add some bit of realism to the games

Don't they hire new artists for each generation to take care of the Pokes, though? Imo, that's not so much as 'running out of ideas' as it is 'different views from the range of artists'. I think a lot of the people who complain about new designs just let nostalgia get in the way more.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the older games as much as many others(even more than some of the newer games) and even I look at some newer designs with a 'huh' face, but that's only a few here and there. You have a bunch of people who bash 'everything' new that comes out, though.

Back
Top Bottom