• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Creepiest Pokémon/Pokédex Entries

Caprizant

Lightning Bulb
Reaction score
(If there's already a thread on this topic, I don't mind deletion.)

Basically, post what you think are some of the creepiest Pokémon and/or Pokédex entries.

Hypno's Lullaby, anyone?

Based on Pokédex entries:

Come little children, come with me
Safe and happy, you will be
Away from your homes, now let us run
With Hypno, you'll have so much fun

Oh, little children, please don't cry
Hypno wouldn't hurt a fly
Be free, be free be free to play
Come down in my cave with me to stay

Oh, little children, please don't squirm
Those ropes, I know, will hold you firm
Hypno tells you this is true
But sadly, Hypno lied to you

Oh, little children, you mustn't leave
Your families for you will grieve
Their minds will unravel at the seams
Allowing me to haunt their dreams

But surely, all of you must know
That it is time for you to go
Oh, little children, you weren't clever
Now you shall stay with me forever

And don't forget Yamask.

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

So, you're battling with a dead person in spirit form. Grim, isn't it? You know what's worse?

What do you think is happening when you breed it?

Drifloon's Japanese Zukan entry is creeee~py.
It tries to take unknowing children to the underworld.

That Hypno's lullaby is really disturbing I wonder who and what kind of person wrote that o_O lol That's seriously not by Game Freak themselves right?

Chandelure's Pokedex entry is pretty creepy and the only one I can think of right now:

It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

That Hypno's lullaby is really disturbing I wonder who and what kind of person wrote that o_O lol That's seriously not by Game Freak themselves right?

No, it's not, but it's based on the actual Pokédex entries (which state it puts people to sleep to eat their dreams).

I always liked Kabutops' Pokedex entries.

It slashes prey with its claws and drains the body fluids.

That's right. It's just that awesome. ;p

It slashes prey with its claws and drains the body fluids.

Charming :ksmile:

I always found some of Muk's entries to be disturbing:

Thickly covered with a filthy, vile sludge. It is so toxic, even its footprints contain poison.

...Muk has feet? :scared:

Then there's this one:

It is usually undetectable because it blends in with the ground. Touching it can cause terrible poisoning.

Is the ground in the Pokémon world really THAT filthy? They've got some serious pollution problems. :sweat:

Banette's entry from Emerald always creeps me out.

An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away.

Heatmor's White entry is pretty gruesome
Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.

but the winner goes to Yamask's White entry:
These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

Gorebyss' Sapphire entry horrifies me.

Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

Haunter's FireRed Entry:

If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, Haunter is there.

How relieving.

sablyeyes ruby entry is scary.
Sableye lead quiet lives deep inside caverns. They are feared, however, because these Pokémon are thought to steal the spirits of people when their eyes burn with a sinister glow in the darkness

I'm gonna point out an obvious one and say Shedinja.

I mean, come on. Stare into the crack on its back and you lose your soul.

And you can look at it.

AND THERE'S A BACK SPRITE.

:scared:

I think now we know why the player character never speaks. Probably had an accident
with a Shedinja as a kid. Come to think of it, Cyrus could have just employed an army
of Shedinja without having to go through the hassle of catching a bunch of legendary Pokémon.

Agreed, and it's not just Shedinja's pokedex entry, it's the whole idea of Shedinja, it's just not right at all! Yet I am strangely fascinated by them.

But to me, the one that takes the cake for most disturbing, is Cherubi. Just look at every single one of those Pokedex entries. Makes sense, but hang on! That little bud has a face! We've just gone from cute little two headed Pokemon, to a disturbed creature that somehow murders its vestigial sibling to further itself. Now every time I see a happy little smiling Cherrim, all I think is "I know what you did!"

Haunter's FireRed Entry:

If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, Haunter is there.

How relieving.

Its Yellow entry is worse.

By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise.

Similarly, Houndoom's Gold entry.

If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away.

Also, Sableye really disturbed me when I caught one in Platinum.

It hides in the darkness of caves. Its diet of gems has transformed its eyes into gemstones.

Even if that doesn't involve doing something horrible to people, the thought of things happening to eyes is just generally terrifying.

Pokémon - Television Tropes & Idioms

Look up under "Unnerving Pokedex Entries and Implications".

/thread

This thread is based on opinions. Someone may find a Pokémon or its Pokédex entry disturbing and it might not be on there, or is somewhere so far down that people have reached their TL;DR mark.

That being said, I find Cryogonal's design pretty freaky. Why use glowing lights to indicate the eyes and... erm... mustache? The first time I saw it, I thought the "mustache" was some sort of a mouth and that it was depressed or something. And then there's the fact it turns into steam when it gets too warm. Wouldn't that be quite an experience if you were a Pokémon?

Its Yellow entry is worse.

By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise.

Actually, that doesn't unnerve me at all. Perhaps because I could relate to the darkness more, as I was in bed, in the pitch black night reading it, and I always think there's something there- also that, Haunter will only lick you to your death when he beckons you alone in the darkness, proven by the Ruby/Sapphire entry. Furthermore, the way that one is written in such a way it doesn't impact on my thoughts or consicousness at all, unlike the other entry. However, that's just me.

rotom in general... the old chateau is creepy enough with that ghost in diamond and pearl and the tune. but the idea of a pokemon that lives in a television that only shows static... creepy. (after all the title also talks about creepy pokemon, not just pokedex entries)
plus there's this pokedex entry for entry for cyndaquill
"no one is sure if it's eye's are looking or not" (i think it says that)
so it can see?!?!?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom