• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Where my post has gone? I think some part of it really shouldn't be here, I thought about it now and posted in the articles' discussion pages... But part of it belonged here! I mean, OK you can delete posts, but why haven't I received any notification? And now I don't remember one of the things I pointed in my original post. :/

Let me ask you about the part which belong here again:
Japanese Pokédex entries. They were available before on hovering the English entries of some new Pokémon when BW was launching and now they aren't available anymore. Is it because the localization is identical to the original one? If no, why not making them available (translated).

Where my post has gone? I think some part of it really shouldn't be here, I thought about it now and posted in the articles' discussion pages... But part of it belonged here! I mean, OK you can delete posts, but why haven't I received any notification? And now I don't remember one of the things I pointed in my original post. :/

Japanese Pokédex entries. They were available before on hovering the English entries of some new Pokémon when BW was launching and now they aren't available anymore. Is it because the localization is identical to the original one? If no, why not making them available (translated).
In respect to the first part, I don't believe you get a notification of your post is deleted. That said, I can see deleted posts in this thread. I checked all the way back to september and not a single post by you has been deleted in that time. It hasn't been deleted, it simply didn't make it from your computer to the forums. Nothing we can do about that on our end.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Bulbagarden forums, so I hope I'm posting this in an appropriate place. I saw the List of Alternatively Colored Pokemon Page and while watching an episode, I noticed one that had not been spotted or perhaps was just chosen to not be included.

In Episode 56 - The Ultimate Test, a Green Weedle is having it's picture taken by Todd Snap at 3:55. Here's a pic:

flyp94.jpg

It may not be worth mentioning or including, but just in case, I thought it would be fun to share. :)

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Bulbagarden forums, so I hope I'm posting this in an appropriate place. I saw the List of Alternatively Colored Pokemon Page and while watching an episode, I noticed one that had not been spotted or perhaps was just chosen to not be included.

In Episode 56 - The Ultimate Test, a Green Weedle is having it's picture taken by Todd Snap at 3:55. Here's a pic:

flyp94.jpg

It may not be worth mentioning or including, but just in case, I thought it would be fun to share. :)

I don't know whether we should include it. On [bp]EP056[/bp]'s page, we call it a coloring error.

I don't know whether we should include it. On [bp]EP056[/bp]'s page, we call it a coloring error.

I agree with Magic Magnum on this and would like to offer this reasoning: why would Todd snap a shot of a regular Weedle? I reckon it must be a shiny given how, in the scene, he's taking lots of photos of it. Call it a cameo.

The colorization of the Weedle may be on purpose, as it's receiving some focus in the scene, but what if the illustrator confused it with Caterpie?

In respect to the first part, I don't believe you get a notification of your post is deleted. That said, I can see deleted posts in this thread. I checked all the way back to september and not a single post by you has been deleted in that time. It hasn't been deleted, it simply didn't make it from your computer to the forums. Nothing we can do about that on our end.
Thanks!

Last edited:
On the page for alternately colored Pokemon, we list a Marill, Breloom, and Shroomish from "Weekend Warrior." It's likely those are coloring errors as well, but they are mentioned all the same. If we mention those, I think we should mention the green Weedle as well.

On the page for alternately colored Pokemon, we list a Marill, Breloom, and Shroomish from "Weekend Warrior." It's likely those are coloring errors as well, but they are mentioned all the same. If we mention those, I think we should mention the green Weedle as well.
I guess putting it on there would be fine then. I think the artist mistook it for a Caterpie, and Todd is just taking a photo of it, but there's no harm in putting it on the page.

Can we work on getting DM sprites on the Pokemon stubs?
What do you mean by "DM sprites"? Also, none of the Pokémon articles are stubs.

I guess putting it on there would be fine then. I think the artist mistook it for a Caterpie, and Todd is just taking a photo of it, but there's no harm in putting it on the page.

What do you mean by "DM sprites"? Also, none of the Pokémon articles are stubs.

Sorry I meant article, It was late. I also meant MD (Mystery Dungeon).

Anyways, I've got quite a few sprite images from MD. I think it would be nice to have one, according to their species, in the Pokemon article. We already have the portraits from the game, why not the character sprites? Even before I joined I really wanted to see that on Bulbapedia.

Sorry I meant article, It was late. I also meant MD (Mystery Dungeon).

Anyways, I've got quite a few sprite images from MD. I think it would be nice to have one, according to their species, in the Pokemon article. We already have the portraits from the game, why not the character sprites? Even before I joined I really wanted to see that on Bulbapedia.
If you can upload the rest of the PMD sprites, we can put them in articles. But we need all of the before we start using them.

Truthseeker said:
Can an edit warring warning template be made?
That would probably be a good idea, although it is already stated in the welcome template.
Poke.geek said:
We can have a "Who's online" section above the recent changes like Super mario have.:nono:
Mind me asking why, considering that there are probably over a million users?

We can have a "Who's online" section above the recent changes like Super mario have. :nono:
We've considered it before, but it would be very server intensive, and we don't really want to put our server under that much pressure.

Can an edit warring warning template be made?
That would probably be a good idea, although it is already stated in the welcome template.
No, he means a [bp=Category:Warning templates]warning template[/bp]; so what we put on the users' talk pages when edit warring. I don't think we really need one, as generally an admin will be the one giving the warning, and it usually should be tailored for the situation, not a general template. Edit warring is much worse than something like userspace abuse or lack of previewing, so users wouldn't get as many warnings to tell them to stop.

Just personally, I dislike warning templates. I don't use them if I can avoid it. I prefer to customise the message to the user receiving it and what they did to receive it.

Something that I think people would find useful is if we put the Pokemon's exp group somewhere in the infobox as well down at the bottom, where it currently is the only place that experience groups are mentioned in all the articles I've looked for them in (which is alot!). Maybe it could go near the bottom of the box between the EV Yield and External Links boxes.

How about in the pages talking about the movies and the individual seasons, we include images of the DVDs? I own quite a lot of them and I wouldn't mind taking pictures of the front, backs, inserts, and boxes of the box sets if it wouldn't be breaking any copyright laws

Back
Top Bottom