• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about non-Anime things!

Re: Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about anything!

I have a special place in my heart for II, V and to a lesser extent, IX.

I remember playing Final Fantasy on my PlayStation and getting lost a lot.

I've never played any FF game. *shocked audience gasp* But in sixth grade I saw a commercial for X-2 and I loved the character designs, so I drew fan art of Yuna, Rikku and Paine a lot despite me not getting to play the game. ;_; That's my only experience with FF!

My favourite Final Fantasy is by far FFVI ( or FFIII for you american users :p ). FF7 was a pretty good game as well ( although terribly overhyped by its fanboy, just like Kasumi or...Dent :p ), but FF6 was love at first sight for me.

FF9 was fun as well, because it tried to break the pattern style-wise ( and anthing that came after FF8 was able to be better than Squall's adventure anyway), but other than FF6,7 and 9 I never was a big fan of the franchise.

So uh, Resident Evil 6 guys. I'm excited, but don't know if there are any other fans of the series in here. Anyway...

It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member, Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.

Looking at the trailer if the game the characters/partners/stories, plus other confirmed info are Leon/Helena, Chris/His team, and New Guy/Ashley. Ada is apparently confirmed to be playable too, not that it should be surpsing with Leon in the game and all. Zombies seem to be back.

Last edited:

I officially gave up on Final Fantasy after X-2. I was surprised because my sentiment all those years ago was nearly exactly the same as Spoony's when he reviewed X-2 on the part of the massage minigame with LeBlanc. That was the same point I realized the series was not likely to recover from the downward spiral to shit. But on the other hand, that minigame is probably what got me an A on one of my college reports about the representation of women in video games today. I included a clip of the minigame in with the report to show all of my class and they were all pretty horrified. XD I had done a good deed that day.

I was a little backwards getting into FF prior to X-2 killing me inside because I was young and it took me a while longer than most people the understand the concept of what RPGs actually were. So I got Final Fantasy VII as a birthday present to my cousin simply because the game magazines I was reading hyped it up a lot and I didn't have much of a clue as to what the game actually was. Thankfully my cousins reallly ate it up and oddly enough FF7 was my first Final Fantasy experience. That got my cousins to buy the following games on their own... though I hated VIII. Mostly because of my exteme levels of dislike for Squall and Rinoa, and since they're the main characters, it's pretty much impossible to ignore their crap. Didn't really care for the battle system either; even I wasn't OCD enough to appreciate it. When I read through an LP of VIII it just reinforced everything I hated about the game, including how rushed and out-of-nowhere the love story was. If that's Square's idea of a love story, I'm glad that wasn't stuck on FF7 as a primary theme.

But I loved IX. Easily one of my favorite games of all time, and something I really need to replay through one of these days. Though I've got bad memories connected to it; namely me getting a Playstation and FF9 but no memory card, so I just played through the game without stopping until I could get a memory card. I made it almost through the entirety of disc 1... then I didn't listen to those Moogles telling me "It's dangerous! Kupo!" and got utterly murdered by a Grand Dragon. So I had to do allllll of that over again. ._. Good thing the game's good enough to warrant a second look. And naturally I had to read up the LP for it, too.

I used to like X okay. It was never one of my favorites, but I was a dumb 15 year-old at the time so I was blind to the many flaws of the story and the characters that I became aware of when I encountered a combo of Spoony's review of FFX + a full LP of FFX. And holy hell I did not retain any fond memories of that outside of mocking the infamous laughing scene. It was just so... AWFUL. And I never would have realized that if I hadn't come across a playthough of it again in my jaded mid-twenties. So any inclination I might've had to give the FF series another chance since I snubbed it at X-2... went right down the toilet. I never did like how they've been so keen on making the characters uber-realistic since VIII (IX being the exception), I don't like the CGI art they've been making for the older games that try to inject plain ol' realism into the characters with fantastical designs, and I might be burned for saying this, but I hate the style of Amano's artwork and how everyone's inclined to base characters off HIS designs rather than what the actual game portrays them in.

Mainly because I think his style is ugly, I rarely (if ever) see any real emotion on the characters' faces, and for some goddamn reason 95% of the characters he draws are blond. I just... really don't like his style and I don't understand why the official designers hold it in such high regard. I remember some of his scenery pieces being alright (specifically the ones for the original FF), but other than that they're terrible. When I imagine characters from FFVI, Terra's hair is GREEN and Celes wears a silly green jumpsuit and white cape instead of whatever the hell Amano designs her wearing.

Speaking of which, a couple of years after introducing my cousins to the FF series and moving up north, I started playing FF4, FF5, and FF6. I liked them all to varying degrees, though I never actually beat any of them. FF6 was easily the best, of course, and was the one I came the closest to beating. I was a jerk who let Cid die, hah. I did read a nice FF5 LP not too long ago and I'm following one for FF4 right now. Made by the same guy who LPed The After Years, which was hilariously horrible with some good moments. I need to find a GOOD FF6 LP one of these days...

As for the first few, I played a bit of FF1 and gave up quickly because my ADD-riddled teenage mind couldn't take the grinding. Never touched II or III, but I read an LP for II just to see how many characters get storyline-slaughtered... apparently a it's a lot!

FFXIII intrigued me a bit because of the female lead, though I hear the game has its own in-universe wikipedia for players to grasp what the hell is going on which seems awfully lazy. Shouldn't the story of the game explain enough? There's that, and I don't have or need a PS3...

Oh geez, I had completely forgot about the massage scene. My dad was in the room next to mine at the time, and I had to turn the volume down from fear of embarrassment. About the only thing I particularly liked about the game was the battle system. As a result, the Via Infinito was the part I enjoyed the most, but even then, I had to rely on the cheap Cat Nip/Gunner strategy to beat the toughest enemies and bosses in there. There was no way I was going to bother with that tedious Chocobo sidequest just to break the HP limit.

I remember back in the day, Final Fantasy VII received a lot of praise for the many mini-games providing a fun break from the usual gameplay. I had no problem with them because completing them wasn't essential to receiving the best stuff in the game. X-2 took it way too far; the game felt like 80% pointless bullshit and 20% battles. It left me feeling useless and humiliated because I couldn't even defeat a dog at a crappy card game. Oh, the shame.

Never touched II or III, but I read an LP for II just to see how many characters get storyline-slaughtered... apparently a it's a lot!
Let's just put it this way. Enough main characters died that they ended up with their own side story (Soul of Rebirth) where they are in some kind of hellish afterlife and have to destroy the Emperor. (It might have even been Hell itself, but it's been so long that I can't remember.) So, the equivalent of a whole party.

The plot to II was all right; the gameplay wasn't my favorite, though.

And you know, I never played VIII, or finished VII or IX - we have a really crappy memory card that glitched when I was halfway through both games. I never had the motivation to get a new memory card and try again. Though IX was really good only halfway through, and I knew it would only get better.

I read about that! It was amusing because I remember the majority of the character deaths being totally spontaneous. And since I've been following Mega64's LP of FFIV where he's at the part where a ton of party members die/presumably die but not really/become incapacitated indefinitely, I'm almost seeing parallels between II and IV with the shameless slaughter of main characters... the difference being that only one of the FFIV PCs actually died, and somehow Yang and Cid were badass enough to survive BEING EXPLODED whereas I recall literally one of the FFII PCs being killed by a boulder.

Hah.

I watched the live action, it was nice, but the anime is sooooo much better... and I hated their Mamoru... I'd take the recent fan made movie's Mamo over him any day, both look and personality wise... (talking about this fan made movie, they totally should do more... it was awesome for something made by fans, even if they took donations)
I don't remember what exactly went with Nephrite and the others in the live action but I don't really care cause they're all completely different characters from their anime counterpart... I really liked anime!Nephrite and it was mainly due to his story with Naru... that's not relevant in the live action, where I didn't really care much for him
And don't dare comparing Sailor Luna to Chibiusa... I hated Sailor Luna X_X they should've kept her as a regular cat and that's it... ok, maybe I'm exaggerating saying I "hated" her... but I didn't like the idea =X and if that was their try at "Chibiusa" of the live action, I think it failed...
Yeah, that's one of the down sides in my opinion. Takeuchi supposedly said in a interview that she, "liked" it and she thought it was a better representation of her Manga. But, Mako being more brutal and less of a nice girl, Minako being pretty serious, Ami being portrayed as being unsure of herself more and more sad was great I admit, Rei became serious, and Usagi was less of a brat at times. I'm a bit more torn up over Mako's change in the Live action. And yeah the pure fact that "Teoi" and other animation companys only care for money is obvious in the fact at how they continuously make DBZ animation and toys and games after all these years.

Yeah, remember cause she has the most, "talent" :p
[video=youtube;gMN0oJdEC9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMN0oJdEC9Y[/video]

I keep hearing about a book at school called, "The Hunger Games". About a girl in a vicious fierce competition. Sounds intriguing, anyone read it?

A Sailor Moon discussion and I missed it all...aw,...poor old Teddi... ;_;

Just to add my two cent to it: I did a rewatch of the whole Sailor Moon anime a few months ago and I had to stop at Super S.
Damn, I love S and the first Season ( R is pretty meh, but not that bad) but Super S killed my interest in my rewatch almost altogether. Filler-Hell worse than Pokémon's Johto, boring villians, lame plot and Chibi-Usa...
the manga version of Super S was pretty good though.
I don't get why especially the ending of Super S came out of nowhere and the outer senshi didn't appear at all unlike the manga.

I keep hearing about a book at school called, "The Hunger Games". About a girl in a vicious fierce competition. Sounds intriguing, anyone read it?
I know Paperhorse is a great fan, you should ask her. There's a movie of that book coming this year, too.

What are you guys going to do tomorrow night?

Uh, is there a special occasion tomorrow, or...? XD I'll be watching the new MLP episode.

The same thing I do every night, Queeny - try to take over the world!
Oh, and I will move the very last furniture from my and my girlfriend's old apartments to our new one.

Uh, is there a special occasion tomorrow, or...? XD I'll be watching the new MLP episode.

No, it's just because there won't be a new Pokemon episode tomorrow, so I was wondering what your plans might be. ;)

Don't call me Queeny, teddy bear :p

According to serebii there won't be a new one tomorrow, either.

The Hunger Games is amazing, for what it's worth. The whole series is just fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes reading basically. XD

Do you know that feeling when you know you should go to bed but just can't get your lazy ass out of that chair. :D

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom