• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Ability is better for Breloom?

Which Ability is better?

• Poison Heal

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Technician

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I prefer Effect Spore

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Articwolf10

Reaction score
Okay Breloom is an all around fantastic Pokemon average stats aside it is gifted with not only the much coveted Spore but possibly the two best abilties in the game. Technician and Poison Heal...

We all know how damn annoying Poison Heal is on Breloom... Not only does it protect him from Status Effects it heals him as well which combined with Substitute and Focus-Punch is very annoying...

And in the DW he gets Technician we know that ability well enough because of Scizor... with this ability Breloom becomes Scizor with an even better STAB... He get's Mach-Punch combined with Technican is the FIghting types equivlent to Bullet-Punch... a Technian boosted Mach-Punch can do as much damage as a STAB Focus-Punch which really fucking hurts... he also gets Low-Sweep which reduces the targets speed making him even more difficult to Wall and he also get's Bullet-Seed which can do almost as much damage as Seed-Bomb...

So both abilities are amazing for him... which do you think is better?

This thread isn't suitable for Contest Hall, but more for Video Games, because the terms used here is mostly relevant in video games, especially when talking about abilities. I will move it to the right forum.

Anyway, I kind of like Poison Heal because it's a powerful tool for healing, not to mention status immunity, and it would be even better if your opponent puts the poison on Breloom so that you don't have to do it yourself (although it's not reliable). You have to remember that Leech Seed is an awesome strategy with Poison Heal because of the healing it provides every turn.

Thanks for reading.

it depends from set to set, but i think poison heal is better. Constant recovery can be a menace to take down and Techniloom has serious problems with fast mons resisting or immune to Mach Punch.

It deppends on what are you using Breloom for, yeah... Though I say the benefits it gets from Technician are good enough to offset losing the easy recovery, and for an attacker it's probably the preffered ability.

On the other hand, Breloom does want the recovery. A Technician Breloom is the riskier yet more rewarding option, I'd think.

On Effect Spore, it isn't really good, and Technician and Poison Heal are hands down the better ones... but Breloom can make decent use of it I'd guess?

a Technian boosted Mach-Punch can do as much damage as a STAB Focus-Punch which really fucking hurts

No... it really doesn't do near the same damage as Focus Punch at all.

A Technician boosted Mach Punch is 40*1.5*1.5=90 (includes both Tech and STAB)
A STAB boosted Focus Punch is 150*1.5=225 (includes STAB but no Tech boost of course)

90 vs 225 is nowhere near the same damage output.

I liked Effect Spore. There are times when the opponent just has to use physical attacks. Then poof - it got poisoned, it fell asleep, it's paralyzed... XDD

I liked Effect Spore. There are times when the opponent just has to use physical attacks. Then poof - it got poisoned, it fell asleep, it's paralyzed... XDD

it's to situational though... With Poison Heal Breloom can become a massive pain... add that with th Subseed combo adn that Mushroom is tough and Technician allows Breloom to Mach-Punch people to oblivian. Plus Bullet Seed and Low Sweep makike him hard to wall... Effect Spore definitly is inferior to the other 2

While Techniloom is great, and a Mach Punch from it is a terrifying thing to face, I'm gonna have to go with Poison Heal just because a self healing, Spore using, Sub Punching Breloom is way too much fun to pass up.

I believe Poison Heal is the most beneficial for Breloom. Self healing and an immunity to status changes is never a bad thing. Combined with Leech Seed & Spore, Breloom can become very difficult to get rid of, a terrific thing for an offensive-based Pokemon.

Effect Spore is too unreliable, and Breloom doesn't have anything to take full advantage of Technician aside from Mach Punch, perhaps Low Sweep, Force Palm and Wake-up Slap.

The only reason Techloom was actually better before (if at all) was Excadrill, and since that's out of the picture, Poison Heal Breloom is decidedly better, due in large part to its pseudo status immunity.

I prefer poison heal, for both the healing and protection from other status moves.

I know Poison Heal is the best because it is so damn overused.

The minute I see those Poison bubbles around Breloom on its own power thanks to Toxic Orb, I just about flip my DS end over end right there. Not invincible, but such a pain.

Okay Breloom is an all around fantastic Pokemon average stats aside it is gifted with not only the much coveted Spore but possibly the two best abilties in the game. Technician and Poison Heal...

We all know how damn annoying Poison Heal is on Breloom... Not only does it protect him from Status Effects it heals him as well which combined with Substitute and Focus-Punch is very annoying...

And in the DW he gets Technician we know that ability well enough because of Scizor... with this ability Breloom becomes Scizor with an even better STAB... He get's Mach-Punch combined with Technican is the FIghting types equivlent to Bullet-Punch... a Technian boosted Mach-Punch can do as much damage as a STAB Focus-Punch which really fucking hurts... he also gets Low-Sweep which reduces the targets speed making him even more difficult to Wall and he also get's Bullet-Seed which can do almost as much damage as Seed-Bomb...

So both abilities are amazing for him... which do you think is better?

Well, Bullet Seed can do much more than Seed Bomb. Seed Bomb has a base power of 80, where as Bullet Seed has a minimum base power of 75 and has a maximum of 187.5 BP. Statistically, it is MUCH better than Seed Bomb.

I still prefer Poison Heal because it's such a pain to face.

Technician would be good if Breloom could learn Bullet Seed with it.

To iterate this, Bullet Seed is part of Shroomish's Egg Moves, which means it is not hard to get because it's a past TM and a fair share of Pokemon learns this move too, like Exeggcute (I am not kidding). If we have a female Shroomish, this would have been a reality.

Thanks for reading.

Right now, Poison Heal. The only move it can abuse with Technician is Mach Punch, which is a priority move needed to make up for its speed and frailness. Since there's no grass type priority move, it can't use STAB for its secondary type.

Right now, Poison Heal. The only move it can abuse with Technician is Mach Punch, which is a priority move needed to make up for its speed and frailness. Since there's no grass type priority move, it can't use STAB for its secondary type.

IT has Bullet-Seed... though not a priority move can pack a massive punch Techncian boosted BS is even stronger then Seed Bomb... Plus just give him Rock Tomb to take out flying types... which boosted by Technician could do up to a 100 damage... and add in the SE hit (expesually to those who are 4x's weak to Rock) thats a lot of damage

IT has Bullet-Seed... though not a priority move can pack a massive punch Techncian boosted BS is even stronger then Seed Bomb... Plus just give him Rock Tomb to take out flying types... which boosted by Technician could do up to a 100 damage... and add in the SE hit (expesually to those who are 4x's weak to Rock) thats a lot of damage

But there's still an issue with its frail defenses.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom