• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Placeholder for Kyurem Forme in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have this feeling that 3rd versions went into utter staleness? They literally haven't bought anything new to the table since Emerald. Devs forcibly remove gameplay elements such as Formes and BF, apparently because they cannot be arsed to think of putting something new. I guess GameFreak is too busy rolling in the piles of money to care much about this, but really, they should try to show some respect to their consumers once in a while.

If thing continue to go this way, I'll really start questioning whether Grey is worth buying at all.

Gamefreak just lost originality points if they're really going through with this. I found Giratina to be unique and awesome as a mascot because of its new forme. I did NOT want Kyurem or any other official/possible mascot to gain a new forme for this reason.

This is terribly disappointing. Now I'm afraid of what other horrible ideas the developers have in mind for the third game.

I don't see why you guys are cimplaining...Nintendo is a buisness they games to make money and Pokemon is a full-blown cash-cow franchise. As for oringinaltiy.... Aren;t Emerald, Crystal and Platinum considered the best games of the series? The Paired version are the template and the 3rd Version is the 'Canon' game of that Gen. They pull out all the stops and I don't mind Kyurem having a new forme so far only 4 Legends have new formes out of about 30 The Formed legends are still rare...

Isn't he already bipedal though? Well I guess his incomplete form would be less impressive then his complete forme... Did anyone doubt he'd be the 3rd Version mascot? But I wonder if the new form will get to Uber? Ice-Burn and Freeze-Bolt are ridicously powerful...

I guess when you look at it technically it is bipedal in that it doesn't seem to use its front two legs.

646.gif

But when you think about it logically, there's really no way Kyurem can stand like that with so much weight on the front half of its body without falling onto those legs so it just looks like a four-legged creature because reason dictates that anything with that body shape would necessarily have to be one.

I don't see why you guys are cimplaining...Nintendo is a buisness they games to make money and Pokemon is a full-blown cash-cow franchise. As for oringinaltiy.... Aren;t Emerald, Crystal and Platinum considered the best games of the series? The Paired version are the template and the 3rd Version is the 'Canon' game of that Gen. They pull out all the stops and I don't mind Kyurem having a new forme so far only 4 Legends have new formes out of about 30 The Formed legends are still rare...

Because the only way a business changes their marketing plan is if they know that the consumers are upset and will spend less money on their product due to this. Talking to other people on forums is a good way to bounce ideas off of each other and not liking everything a game has to offer is normal and not strange in any way. Saying people shouldn't be complaining because Nintendo is a business would involve people shutting up and putting up, instead of trying to convince people not to spend money on a game that they don't think deserves money, therefore changing Nintendo's business model to trend towards more original games instead of 3 near-identical ones.

That being said, @rubinek : Platinum is much, much better than D/P. Most people who have played both think that D/P are nearly impossible to even get through, while Platinum is enjoyable, so I'm not sure where you're getting that Emerald was the last good one. I think of the third game more as Game Freak doing a do-over on the first two - maybe they wanted to add Pokemon following you but because of the more 3D elements of the game they didn't have time to code it in, but with the extra coding time for the third game they can add it in. Or they wanted a Safari Zone but couldn't decide where to put it so it didn't get a chance to get into the first two.

*sigh*

Wow GameFreak, could you be any more unoriginal? Giratina got an alternate form, so they had to repeat that gimmick with Kyurem.

Meloetta's Pirouette form being programmed into BW while Kyurem's isn't confuses me; as GameFreak must have known that Kyurem's alt form would be released first. At least they're holding back on a console game though, so we'll most likely at least be allowed to use it there 9.9.
I'm inclined to disagree. Kyurem's been set up to have an alternate forme for the longest time, and all the theories and mythos surrounding it just make it more mysterious and appealing. It's certainly a step up from Giratina's cool but sort of pointless other forme.

I agree with Karamazov. The stage seems to have been set for Kyurem. Zekrom and Reshiram "mysteriously" dissapeared 2000-3000 years. Something happened. Kyurem looks broken. Nothing hinted anything for Giratina. It makes more sense for Kyurem to have an alternate form than it did for the Anti-Matter Dragon.

Yes, it's repetitive, but atleast this time there's material to make a better story out of.

Last edited:
*sigh*

Wow GameFreak, could you be any more unoriginal? Giratina got an alternate form, so they had to repeat that gimmick with Kyurem.

Meloetta's Pirouette form being programmed into BW while Kyurem's isn't confuses me; as GameFreak must have known that Kyurem's alt form would be released first. At least they're holding back on a console game though, so we'll most likely at least be allowed to use it there 9.9.
I'm inclined to disagree. Kyurem's been set up to have an alternate forme for the longest time, and all the theories and mythos surrounding it just make it more mysterious and appealing. It's certainly a step up from Giratina's cool but sort of pointless other forme.
I don't see how it's been "set up" to have an alternate form. All we were shown in BW, is that we have a deformed dragon who lives in an ice cave. The whole thing with Reshiram and Zekrom was so tight that any inclusion of Kyurem into the story will most likely just feel like it's being shoe-horned in.

Could it have had more of a story added, like Heatran in Platinum? Yeah, sure. I'm interested in seeing how it will fit into BW's story; but it's the fact that it's been given a new form that annoys me - not that it's bound to be a version mascot.

I don't get how Kyurem would make Giriatna less special... They are each unique and have completly different themes...I fail to see how Wuji/Taiji would have anythin to do with Ant-matter... what I like is that even if they both have new forms they'll be unique

And it was obvious... everybody knew Kyurem was a part of Reshi and Zek's Trio the moment we saw him... his typing of course reflect the Fire/Ice/Lightning dynamic Their designs as well are similar and Kyurem look broken... his wing look uneven and he looks so skinny... Kyurem got a lot of build up... He happened to appear around the same time Reshiram and Zekrom split from the Original Dragon.He looks incomplete because he is the Orignal Dragon or whats left of him.. His new forme wouldprobibly be the Taiji Dragon that the brothers used to found Unova

I don't get how Kyurem would make Giriatna less special... They are each unique and have completly different themes...I fail to see how Wuji/Taiji would have anythin to do with Ant-matter... what I like is that even if they both have new forms they'll be unique

He doesn't make Giratina less special. Joshawott is just pointing out that he doesn't like the idea of Kyurem having an alternate form, which is the same thing that happened to Giratina. And I understand that, yes it does seem like a lazy move on Game Freak's part just to sell a game. Specially considering Meloetta's situation, where she already has her alternate form registered in BW, but will be released AFTER the Kyurem form.

That's a valid point. But I personally don't mind as this time around I feel like there is more validity for Kyurem to have a form than Giratina did in Platinum in terms of story. So because of that I have no problem whatsoever with this and highly anticipate it. Girantina simply appeared because it was pissed of or something. Zekrom and Reshiram have a long history, a history who's final details and begginings seem shrouded in mystery. Kyurem may be the key to solving that mystery.

The whole thing with Reshiram and Zekrom was so tight that any inclusion of Kyurem into the story will most likely just feel like it's being shoe-horned in.
Seriously?

Anyone with a common sense must have already realized that Kyurem is the third dragon who's in direct relation to Reshiram and Zekrom. Besides, the whole corpse thing just makes it more intriguing. I don't see how it would be shoe-horned at all.

Unlike Kyurem, Giratina's new form came out of nowhere.

And it was obvious... everybody knew Kyurem was a part of Reshi and Zek's Trio the moment we saw him... his typing of course reflect the Fire/Ice/Lightning dynamic Their designs as well are similar and Kyurem look broken... his wing look uneven and he looks so skinny... Kyurem got a lot of build up... He happened to appear around the same time Reshiram and Zekrom split from the Original Dragon.He looks incomplete because he is the Orignal Dragon or whats left of him.. His new forme wouldprobibly be the Taiji Dragon that the brothers used to found Unova
You're misinterpreting my words. I never said Kyurem would make Giratina less special - I'm saying it's unoriginal for the franchise as a whole because they already did this to Giratina.

And again, I never said that Kyurem wasn't part of a trio with Reshiram and Zekrom and I haven't said that it may or may not be the "original dragon". However, considering how you believe that Kyurem looks "incomplete", wouldn't it make more sense for Kyurem to remain looking that way if it was to be the original dragon, as Reshiram and Zekrom would obviously still exist in Grey's story - and judging from previous third versions, will be able to be caught?

The whole thing with Reshiram and Zekrom was so tight that any inclusion of Kyurem into the story will most likely just feel like it's being shoe-horned in.
Seriously?

Anyone with a common sense must have already realized that Kyurem is the third dragon who's in direct relation to Reshiram and Zekrom. Besides, the whole corpse thing just makes it more intriguing. I don't see how it would be shoe-horned at all.

Unlike Kyurem, Giratina's new form came out of nowhere.
Reshiram is the dragon of truth and Zekrom is the dragon of ideals; Black and White's story had N seeking one of those two, while the playing character is chosen by the other dragon to oppose N and the dragon. How could Kyurem fit into that?

He doesn't make Giratina less special. Joshawott is just pointing out that he doesn't like the idea of Kyurem having an alternate form, which is the same thing that happened to Giratina. And I understand that, yes it does seem like a lazy move on Game Freak's part just to sell a game. Specially considering Meloetta's situation, where she already has her alternate form registered in BW, but will be released AFTER the Kyurem form.

That's a valid point. But I personally don't mind as this time around I feel like there is more validity for Kyurem to have a form than Giratina did in Platinum in terms of story. So because of that I have no problem whatsoever with this and highly anticipate it. Girantina simply appeared because it was pissed of or something. Zekrom and Reshiram have a long history, a history who's final details and begginings seem shrouded in mystery. Kyurem may be the key to solving that mystery.

Well Meloetta just needs Relic-Song to change formes... Kyurem will probibly need the Grey Stone that isn't avable in B/W they didn't have data for Orgin Form Giratina right? Yeah Kyurem is definitly the lost Dragon I think he was in the air when he sperated and Kyurem as we know him known crahsed into the crator and the ancient peole thought it was a meteor...

Reshiram is the dragon of truth and Zekrom is the dragon of ideals; Black and White's story had N seeking one of those two, while the playing character is chosen by the other dragon to oppose N and the dragon. How could Kyurem fit into that?

Kyurem is Taiji.He's both Truth and Ideals,Light and Dark. Kyurem is simply balence he balence his brothers out in being both the absense (Wuji) and the combination (Taiji) of them both...

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't know how Kyurem will fit in which is partly why I'm so interested in its new form.

The story was left vague for intentional reasons and Gray will serve its purpose which is to fill in the void and complete the BW games mythology. There's also still this whole Abyssal Ruins mystery which is probably connected to Kyurem as whole.

I'm not fussed about Kyurem and never was. We all knew it'd end up with another forme what with it being tipped as the star for a third game so it's not that surprising to see it happen.

Uh.

Yellow - No alternate form
Crystal - No alternate form
Emerald - No alternate form
Platinum - Alternate form

I wouldn't say that because 1 of the 4 third games has a Pokemon with another form it means that it's completely obvious Kyurem would have one.

Well, if we look at some of the stuff for the latest movie it looked very likely Kyurem would have a second forme, a lot of us also thought to go alongside this being the star of a third game is even more solid proof of another forme. I think, when using the same logic of the 11th movie and how Giratina got it's second forme then (As did Shaymin), it seemed highly likely the same would happen here. And will.

That's what my point was, more then it just being because it's the star of the third game, I just failed to word it very well.

Well Meloetta just needs Relic-Song to change formes... Kyurem will probibly need the Grey Stone that isn't avable in B/W they didn't have data for Orgin Form Giratina right? Yeah Kyurem is definitly the lost Dragon I think he was in the air when he sperated and Kyurem as we know him known crahsed into the crator and the ancient peole thought it was a meteor...

Yea, but let's just look at the idea of alternate formes for a second. Not the details, but the idea. You're programing a forme that will be released to the public almost three years after the games' release, yet you're not programming the form that will come out two years after the games' release. Seems a tad stupid and halfassed, as how you get said forms could've some how been implemented into BW. And that's the gripe concerning Kyurem and Meloetta. Nothing else. And nothing to make a big deal out of. Just a little fact that's kind of annoying.

Yea, but let's just look at the idea of alternate formes for a second. Not the details, but the idea. You're programing a forme that will be released to the public almost three years after the games' release, yet you're not programming the form that will come out two years after the games' release. Seems a tad stupid and halfassed, as how you get said forms could've some how been implemented into BW. And that's the gripe concerning Kyurem and Meloetta. Nothing else. And nothing to make a big deal out of. Just a little fact that's kind of annoying.

guess but I guess they wanted to keep his new forme secret...

guess but I guess they wanted to keep his new forme secret...
Well, Meloetta's a mythical Pokémon, which is a secret in itself. So why would they not want to keep a secret pokémon's secret secret as well?

I have mixed feelings about the new forme. They seem to be inching closer and closer to simply repeating Platinum's formula. But I'm not sure what else they could've done with Kyurem, aside from giving it another forme.

I hope Gamefreak can find a way to elegantly incorporate Kyurem into Reshiram and Zekrom's story. I honestly can't think of how they're going to do this. I've run through so many scenarios in my head, and none of them make sense. Probably because Kyurem has little to no backstory in B/W, aside from the cliche superstitions you hear in Lacunosa Town about how Kyurem comes out at night to eat any poor, unsuspecting townsfolk wandering about.

That's another thing that bugs me; Lacunosa Town serves practically no purpose in B/W, aside from the aforementioned lore of Kyurem. It could simply fall off the map, and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Well, Meloetta's a mythical Pokémon, which is a secret in itself. So why would they not want to keep a secret pokémon's secret secret as well?

Because they don't care if anyone knows about Meloetta's form. It's just some random Mythical Pokemon, and possibly the least important of Unova's four. Kyurem is a full blown game mascot. The latter is the one whose new form provides initiative to get the new game, and is worth keeping secret from everyone.

Kyurem is Taiji.He's both Truth and Ideals,Light and Dark. Kyurem is simply balence he balence his brothers out in being both the absense (Wuji) and the combination (Taiji) of them both...

Wrong. Kyurem is the absence of yin/yang and truth/ideals, not a balance between the two. It's not both. It's a contradiction to say that he is the absence of both and IS both. It makes no sense.

And once again, Joshawott has summed up my views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom