• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Placeholder for Kyurem Forme in BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wuji 無極 (literally "without ridgepole") originally meant "ultimateless; boundless; infinite" in Warring States Period (476-221 BCE) Daoist classics, but came to mean the "primordial universe" prior to the Taiji 太極 "Supreme Ultimate."

Supreme Ultimate, huh?

Why is this news? Kyurem getting an alternate forme was one of the most obvious things ever lol It also makes a ton of sense, since BW did not give us the entire story on Unova's mysteries.

People were fooling themselves if they thought that this... thing was ever going on a box cover. http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6a/646Kyurem_BW_anime_2.png

Kyurem was obvious, extremely obvious. (ColdFlare/FreezeBolt?) Giratina on the other hand came out of freaking nowhere so I'm glad that gamefreak thought this whole thing through.

The theory that Kyurem is a leftover husk/shell of the original dragon was just brilliant and is now highly likely. Can't wait to see his truly restored majestic forme.

His future stats are also equally obvious:

Health 125
Attack 150
Defense 90
Special Attack 150
Special Defense 90
Speed 95
BST 700

The only thing I don't know for sure is ability. Please be gone with that godawful pressure.

Kyurem is Taiji.He's both Truth and Ideals,Light and Dark. Kyurem is simply balence he balence his brothers out in being both the absense (Wuji) and the combination (Taiji) of them both...

Wrong. Kyurem is the absence of yin/yang and truth/ideals, not a balance between the two. It's not both. It's a contradiction to say that he is the absence of both and IS both. It makes no sense.

And once again, Joshawott has summed up my views.

I was talking about the new forme... His current forme is Wuji his new from will probibly be Taiji... H's the center the Balencing factor of the Trio...

Well, Meloetta's a mythical Pokémon, which is a secret in itself. So why would they not want to keep a secret pokémon's secret secret as well?

Because they don't care if anyone knows about Meloetta's form. It's just some random Mythical Pokemon, and possibly the least important of Unova's four. Kyurem is a full blown game mascot. The latter is the one whose new form provides initiative to get the new game, and is worth keeping secret from everyone.
But, as Grey will be out when Meloetta is given away, the download will be for Grey, why would GameFreak willingly choose to take one form out but keep one in? Why not just keep them both secret until the time is right?

I'd have to agree. Keeping Meloetta a secret would indeed be pointless. Its the importance factor, and Kyurem is more important a Pokemon than Meloetta is especially since hes a cover mascot.

Only thing I'm pissed about is that there seems to be no new Genesect forme before when Team Plasma altered him. I would have liked to see what Genesect originally looked like.

"Boundless and infinite" makes me think of The Fool arcana in tarot cards, which is represented by the number 0. It's empty, yet it has limitless possibilities. Perhaps the player character can be associated with Kyurem in Gray, in that in their journey through Unova, they start out as an empty canvas, and at the end of their journey, they achieve a state similar to Taiji, which is described as:

Taiji is understood to be the highest conceivable principle, that from which existence flows. This is very similar to the Daoist idea "reversal is the movement of the Dao". The "supreme ultimate" creates yang and yin: movement generates yang; when its activity reaches its limit, it becomes tranquil. Through tranquility the supreme ultimate generates yin. When tranquility has reached its limit, there is a return to movement. Movement and tranquility, in alternation, become each the source of the other. The distinction between the yin and yang is determined and the two forms (that is, the yin and yang) stand revealed. By the transformations of the yang and the union of the yin, the 5 elements (Qi) of water, fire, wood, metal and earth are produced. These 5 Qi become diffused, which creates harmony. Once there is harmony the 4 seasons can occur. Yin and yang produced all things, and these in their turn produce and reproduce, this makes these processes never ending.

Which is similar to The World arcana in tarot cards, the final card of The Fool's journey.

But, as Grey will be out when Meloetta is given away, the download will be for Grey, why would GameFreak willingly choose to take one form out but keep one in? Why not just keep them both secret until the time is right?

GameFreak works in mysterious ways. Maybe it's because they deemed the Pirouette Form to be too unimportant to bother making Gray exclusive?

I'd have to agree. Keeping Meloetta a secret would indeed be pointless. Its the importance factor, and Kyurem is more important a Pokemon than Meloetta is especially since hes a cover mascot.

Only thing I'm pissed about is that there seems to be no new Genesect forme before when Team Plasma altered him. I would have liked to see what Genesect originally looked like.

There could still be a new Genesect form planned. Giving it the "1" marker doesn't work because it already has the Drive palette swaps, so what would indicate it'll get a new form is unknown. No Pokemon in Gen 4 who already had a form got a new one, so we don't know if something like "6" would be the marker in this case.

GameFreak works in mysterious ways. Maybe it's because they deemed the Pirouette Form to be too unimportant to bother making Gray exclusive?
"GameFreak works in mysterious ways" isn't really a valid argument. Doesn't answer the question of why they would willingly include one unreleased Pokémon that won't be revealed until after the game is released but keep the other in.

Then again, they did the same with Arceus...I swear GameFreak are idiots at times...(then again, would you call Arceus' forms? The Pokédex doesn't count them as such).

"GameFreak works in mysterious ways" isn't really a valid argument. Doesn't answer the question of why they would willingly include one unreleased Pokémon that won't be revealed until after the game is released but keep the other in.

Then again, they did the same with Arceus...I swear GameFreak are idiots at times...(then again, would you call Arceus' forms? The Pokédex doesn't count them as such).

Would the answer "GameFreak likes to troll" make more sense to you than the one I originally gave? I didn't want to say that at first, but well... It's probably true to say the least. There really is no logical reason for putting Meloetta's form into BW rather than making it one of Gray's many improvements.

As for Arceus' forms, I don't really count them. As far I'm concerned, a change needs to have noticeable physical differences to qualify as a legit form.

El_ said:
The theory that Kyurem is a leftover husk/shell of the original dragon was just brilliant and is now highly likely. Can't wait to see his truly restored majestic forme.

While this would be cool, it's already been proven false by the fact that Kyurem came from space while Reshiram and Zekrom did not. The latter has never been said nor implied.

I was talking about the new forme... His current forme is Wuji his new from will probibly be Taiji... H's the center the Balencing factor of the Trio...

Oh, my mistake.

El_ said:

While this would be cool, it's already been proven false by the fact that Kyurem came from space while Reshiram and Zekrom did not. The latter has never been said nor implied.

Oh, my mistake.

or your extremlyt narrow minded... The people 'thought'he came from space they 'thought' he came from a meteor... t wasn't confirmed it was superstision of the villagers from stories that happened over a 1000 year ago...Kyurem appeared right when Reshi and Zek split riht?So what they thought was a meteor was actually Kyurem the orignal dragon falling after beng split in 3...

El_ said:

Oh, my mistake.

or your extremlyt narrow minded... The people 'thought'he came from space they 'thought' he came from a meteor... t wasn't confirmed it was superstision of the villagers from stories that happened over a 1000 year ago...Kyurem appeared right when Reshi and Zek split riht?So what they thought was a meteor was actually Kyurem the orignal dragon falling after beng split in 3...

Let's not resort to personal insults.

Also, where was it ever said that Kyurem landed in Unova around the same time that Reshiram and Zekrom split from the original dragon?

Adressing both of these at the same time.

Also, where was it ever said that Kyurem landed in Unova around the same time that Reshiram and Zekrom split from the original dragon?

It wasn't. The time the Kyurem supposedly "fell from space" was never stated at all but probably left open ended on purpose. Since Kyurem is obviously related to Reshiram/Zekrom, then he obviously did not come from space.

I also do not believe the Kyurem took villagers/pokemon at night and ate them. From the Dragon's moveset at the same levels:

Reshiram - Fire Fang/Crunch
Zekrom - Thunder Fang/Crunch
Kyurem - Icy Wind/Endeavor??

The theory that Kyurem's mouth is Frozen shut looks likely to me. Kyurem's entire myth in BW is likely very wrong and a misinterpretation on the villagers part. All they saw was a fearsome Dragon land out of the sky with no idea where it came from.

Regardless of whether Kyurem did come from space, a meteor certainly did at some point. Lots of spacey Pokemon are found in the crater, and the area has Star Pieces along with the one-of-a-kind Comet Shard. Maybe Kyurem was on the meteor; maybe it wandered into the area after it struck. Hell, maybe Kyurem was dormant there and the meteor woke it up. Who knows.

Eh... wouldn't that totally break him?
Not totally if he was inside of the meteor, he does seem damaged in a way.

I'm still wondering what's the connection between the meteor and the whole "corpse" myth.

I'm still wondering what's the connection between the meteor and the whole "corpse" myth.

The 'Meteor' wasn't a meteor but the Orignal Dragon falling from the sky... =) The people in the past thought it was a meteor

The 'Meteor' wasn't a meteor but the Orignal Dragon falling from the sky... =) The people in the past thought it was a meteor

Then explain to me all the space themed Pokemon there.

I'm not saying the meteor thing is set in stone. Because so far this are all theories and assumptions. But don't talk like something's been established.

Then explain to me all the space themed Pokemon there.

I'm not saying the meteor thing is set in stone. Because so far this are all theories and assumptions. But don't talk like something's been established.

Maybe they migrated there... All the non-Unovan Pokemon escaped from the PokeShifter right? I guess those Pokemon hearing of the supossed 'Meteor' decided to Go and settle there

No, by break him, I meant his stats. someone here suggested having both his Attack and Special Attack boosted to 150 with no drops in other stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom