• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon TV on the 3DS

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Source: Pokemon TV series coming to 3DS - Official Nintendo Magazine

From February 6th, 3DS owners in the US will be able to access episodes of the Pokemon anime at hotspots called Nintendo Zones, of which there are approximately 29,000. Along with full length episodes from the original series, you will be able to access information and videos about upcoming Pokemon games, the TCG, etc. However, the episodes of the anime are not revealed to be in 3D.

While this will only be accessible in hotspots in the US, it is possible that it will be available anywhere in the UK, as a similar thing called Kirby TV is available anywhere in the UK as well.

So, what do people think about this?

Restricting it to Nintendo Zones? That seems...unnecessary.

The whole thing would have made so much more sense if they had done it through WiFi instead.

Restricting it to Nintendo Zones? That seems...unnecessary.

The whole thing would have made so much more sense if they had done it through WiFi instead.
Same thing that I thought. It would be much more worth it if they allowed it to be more accessible.

Not to mention some of the "Nintendo Zones" I tried in the past didn't even let me in. WiFi would of been a far better choice.

What I'm wondering is what seasons are they releasing? All or just some?

Not to mention some of the "Nintendo Zones" I tried in the past didn't even let me in. WiFi would of been a far better choice.

I'm guessing it's either Season 1, or the latest, Season 14.

I'm guessing it's either Season 1, or the latest, Season 14.

I'd guess it's current. That'd make a bit more sense then showing really early episodes which don't include the latest Pokemon. Shame it's not being done over Wi-Fi.

NOOOO!!! I live in the UK!!!! But the whole Nintendo Zone thing seems so uneccessary... Why do you have to go to a special place to get it when you could just sit and get it from Wi-Fi??

I don't even think there is a Nintendo Zone in my state...what a rip-off...Can Nintendo just release it on Wi-Fi, because unlike Japan, we DO have to drive a long way to Nintendo Zones!

I'm not even sure if there is a Nintendo Zone near me. If it is, seems pointless to go across town to get something like that. I don't really plan on getting a 3DS until a main series Pokemon game comes out for it though, or unless theres a good sale!

If you did go to one of the Zones, would you have to watch it there or do you download it to watch any time?

Enzap said:
If you did go to one of the Zones, would you have to watch it there or do you download it to watch any time?

I'm not sure about the 3DS, but with the DSi, any demos you downloaded at these Nintendo Zones would remain on your system only as long as you kept the power on. Turn the DS off and *poof* there goes your demo.

Why do people even care when the episodes on it will probably be episodes that:

1) We've already seen a dozen times

2) Current Best Wishes episodes, which we're all watching on TV anyway.

The way people make it sounds as if these "long lost forgotten episodes" are being exclusively shown on the 3DS.

I'm just gonna throw my opinion about the episodes out there:
Watching DVDs of the episodes at home on a TV > going out to a hotspot and watch episodes on a 3DS.

If the episodes were downloadable to the SD, then that would be epic though.

If Nintendo are trying to advertise those pointless Zones, that probably means you can only watch the episodes there.

NOOOO!!! I live in the UK!!!! But the whole Nintendo Zone thing seems so uneccessary... Why do you have to go to a special place to get it when you could just sit and get it from Wi-Fi??

We can still get it in the UK, just type in where you live at the NintendoZone website and it'll tell you its nearest one, I thought it was just in America though?

I posted this in the other thread, but, apparently if you change your wifi connection name to attwifi, and make it unsecured, you can get into the Nintendo Zone...from the comfort of your own home!?

Access Nintendo Zone from home! - YouTube

Don't know if Nintendo will fix this oversight later on, and I can't try it in my campus dorm so I can't confirm it, but apparently it does indeed work. :)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom