• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW069: Barrier Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think "WUT? STEVEN STONE?!" at first. :(

That being said, Kenyan's awesome. I hope he debuts Throh here, myself, since I love him and Sawk.

F**king finally one of the rivals reappears. Like, holy shit, besides Bel we barely see any of them.

I'm kind of dissapointed that this isn't really the Tower of Heaven, just a tribute. It would be really cool to see finally a Pokémon graveyard in animé, but alas...

Writer of this episode is same one as some of Shinji's and Jindai's episodes, Langley's debut and Kengo's last episode. Also the Rotom filler and Mojumbo filler.

Didn't Dawn's Mamoswine learn a new move in that episode though?

But yeah, I'm also glad another rival of Ash's appears again, especially one that doesn't do gym battles, but I hope he reveals that he does here, well, I hope he reveals some sort of goal.

But yeah, I'm also glad another rival of Ash's appears again, especially one that doesn't do gym battles, but I hope he reveals that he does here, well, I hope he reveals some sort of goal.

His life goal is to get people to pronounce his name correctly.

*SHAKING AND CRYING*

THEY FORM PAIRS???! Misread but DON'T CARE!!!

OMFG KENYAN!!!

tumblr_lqisa2G49C1qafrh6.gif

tumblr_lqij84AKzn1qafrh6.gif

tumblr_lqcehuKeJZ1qafrh6.gif

tumblr_lxepyqd50A1r3zat8.gif

Last edited:
I predict Ash loses this contest. Why? That's how this saga works. :p

I dunno, didn't Tomioka write that godawful Trubbish episode? Maybe he's not being as diligent about quality control for the other episodes, or maybe the entire staff is on an extended vacation and fanfic-writing interns are getting paid under the table to do their duty while keeping the real writers' name in the credits and... I mention this goofy theory way too much but as time goes by it feels more and more possible. @_@

BW012 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

No Tomioka in this episode.

Regarding this upcoming episode, good to see Stephan getting some show time. Hope to see Georgia or Burgandy again soon. Wonder if they'll mention Stephan's success, failure or plan to getting to Skyla's gym.

Certainly seems like a vivacious episode. And Kenyan's back, that is simply delightful. I think he will make this episode all the more joyous, he just seems like one who would be fun to have around at festivals like this.

I hope the barriers will be inventive.

Not particularly a massive fan of Kenyan myself (he's just okay in my opinion) but as said before, it looks like it will be a fun episode. Especially wondering what the competitions will involve.

This. Kenyan really isn't rocking my world tbh and I think he's pretty blah as a rival, but I'm glad he's being given this type of episode where they can really push the comedy and the personality, so hopefully, we'll see a different side of Kenyan that'll make him more interesting. This also kinda sounds like the Pokémon Orienterring episode, so hopefully we'll get some good personality from the partner pokémon.

THEY FORM PAIRS???!

... with their partner pokémon... not with each other... :p

Not particularly a massive fan of Kenyan myself (he's just okay in my opinion) but as said before, it looks like it will be a fun episode. Especially wondering what the competitions will involve.

This. Kenyan really isn't rocking my world tbh and I think he's pretty blah as a rival, but I'm glad he's being given this type of episode where they can really push the comedy and the personality, so hopefully, we'll see a different side of Kenyan that'll make him more interesting. This also kinda sounds like the Pokémon Orienterring episode, so hopefully we'll get some good personality from the partner pokémon.

THEY FORM PAIRS???!

... with their partner pokémon... not with each other... :p

Yeah...I misread but

STILL! KENYAN!! XDDD

I was hoping we'd see Kenyan again. I guess this proves he'll probably be in the league too. Sweet.

Finally! Another previous recurring character returns!

Now they just need to bring Burgundy and Georgia back.

Last edited:
Urgh, I'd rather see the girl rivals considering I'm... not fond... of Kenyan's design or gag at all. But this looks like a fun ep. and I guess it's nice to see Satoshi bro around with a guy once in a while as opposed to his UST bromancing with dent all the time

Stephan?

STEPHAN?

No Trip?

NO TRIP?

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

People give Trip waaaaay too much flak.

Stephan better have/do something interesting, or Ash better capture/evolve/teach a new move to a Pokémon, or I'm calling boring filler.

Stephan needs justification for his recurrence. At least give him a goal, a meaning to his existence(in the anime), or I'm calling BoneheadBianca as the writer's intended main rival, due to her many recurrences.

Stephan? Who's that? Ah, it's Kenyan...I see.

Good to see him back. No Fuuro makes me sad though.
Well, each one has a partner Pokémon? Wanna bet it will be:

Satoshi - Pikachu
Dent - Yanapp
Iris - Kibago

I hope I am wrong.

Assuming they are all in this competition... you won't be wrong. And with Stephan I see the zebra.

Also, nice to see Ms. Shimura getting another episode. She got SO much better over DP that it's actually kind of sad that she's not been on the show much since this series began.

What? As far as I know she still... sucks. For example, The Shinji vs Jun episode looked like utter trash, and if I recall correctly that was her last episode in DP.

I'm so happy Kenyan is returning :) I hope this means we'll see Dageki as well. Or maybe even a new Pokemon for him. Honestly, I think he's my fave of Ash's Unova rivals with Bianca close behind him. I think him having a Dageki made me like him even more XD But yay, I'm happy. Hope Cabernet and Langley will appear soon too.

I'm so happy Kenyan is returning :) I hope this means we'll see Dageki as well.

I'd like to see him have Thor and Sawk,

Or maybe even a new Pokemon for him. Honestly, I think he's my fave of Ash's Unova rivals with Bianca close behind him. I think him having a Dageki made me like him even more XD But yay, I'm happy. Hope Cabernet and Langley will appear soon too.

They should bring back Iris/Cilan's rivals. After finally giving the sidekick characters rivals after Misty/Brock had none, to simply not use them is bizarre.

I hope this "Tower of the Sky" has no resemblance to the Celestial Tower...or I'm calling CENSORSHIP "FOR THE CHILDREN!"

And "Barrier Break"? Methinks a Munna/Musahrna or Elgyem/Beheyeem will appear(Leon would be nice here too...), since they are the only Unova Pokémon to learn Barrier...

Pikachu as Ash's chosen partner huh? Should have expected it. Yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom