• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Can the Dream World areas just stop generating Pokemon for no reason?

I didn't befriend any Pokemon, and yet it ran dry after 6 or 7 trips through the Island of Dreams (four of them were consecutively at Windswept Sky which I don't need to visit anymore). Not happy about having to leave empty-handed. I still found a fair amount of berries and items, though.

Wow I'm kind of frustrated. I still have 11 DW Pokemon to get. :banghead:

Yes, you get between 5 and 7 visits in which the island will be populated, then it will become empty every visit.

Can the Dream World areas just stop generating Pokemon for no reason?

I didn't befriend any Pokemon, and yet it ran dry after 6 or 7 trips through the Island of Dreams (four of them were consecutively at Windswept Sky which I don't need to visit anymore). Not happy about having to leave empty-handed. I still found a fair amount of berries and items, though.

Wow I'm kind of frustrated. I still have 11 DW Pokemon to get. :banghead:

I end up with Windswept Sky about half the time on average, despite having all the areas unlocked. I thought I was having problems with areas running dry, but I've only just realised that there are Pokémon in the ebbing water in Pleasant Forest as well as the bushes and trees. *facepalm*

Last edited:
Yup, sorry if I got your hopes up there :c

In other news, I'm about to hop onto the dw for the first time this year :O
Gunna bring in 3 Pokemon with me :3

EDIT: well, found out that 3ppl un-friended me whilst i was away :p
Found only 3 pokemon, but they were all female so that's fine. A Meowth, Pachirisu, and a Feebas. Took the Pachirisu along with my waiting Arceus and Togekiss :3 They shall forever rot in my forest.

Also, found out that if the farthest back clearing is full of pokemon, the Arceus will instead appear in the clearing right before it.

Last edited:
I unlocked windswept sky and found a gligar. It was male though. Maybe I'll find a female tommorow. I took a murkrow back with me.

Looks like my Arceus didn't come back with me from the Dream World. It's not in the forest. I'll have to wait a day and try again. :/

Can't they just distribute through wifi connection? Having to wait a day or two just to log on is not very fun.

How thoroughly did you look for Arceus? If you look only in the normal place you will never find him. Check the GL, your profile should confirm that you brought it back.

How thoroughly did you look for Arceus? If you look only in the normal place you will never find him. Check the GL, your profile should confirm that you brought it back.
The normal place? As far as I can tell, there have always been six areas of the forest, and then one in the back. My first screen has a bunch of Pokémon running around; I'm not new to this. I've checked each other area thoroughly. In the deep clearing, there's only the Mamoswine and Banette. Arceus hasn't appeared.
I went back on my GL profile today and it says that Arceus was sent. I then checked to see if the DW was working by nabbing a Kangaskhan quickly and sending it back across. That worked just fine. So I guess I'm just unlucky.

The normal place? As far as I can tell, there have always been six areas of the forest, and then one in the back. My first screen has a bunch of Pokémon running around; I'm not new to this. I've checked each other area thoroughly. In the deep clearing, there's only the Mamoswine and Banette. Arceus hasn't appeared.
I went back on my GL profile today and it says that Arceus was sent. I then checked to see if the DW was working by nabbing a Kangaskhan quickly and sending it back across. That worked just fine. So I guess I'm just unlucky.
That's what you are doing wrong. There's ten areas.

That's what you are doing wrong. There's ten areas.
From Bulbapedia:
Players begin with 6 sections to their Forest Clearing and one Deepest Clearing; however, if they are all full with 20 Pokémon each, players' forests will grow larger to accommodate more Pokémon.

Does this mean that I have to catch over 100 Pokémon in the Dream World to access the area where Arceus might have been sent to?

Does this mean that I have to catch over 100 Pokémon in the Dream World to access the area where Arceus might have been sent to?
I've only befriended and sent over 3 or 4 Pokemon from the Dream World and I was able to find Arceus, so I don't think that is a requirement.

It's not. I very rarely have more than 2 in the forest. If your DW profile says he came across then he has to be there. Bulbapedia may be wrong, I'm certain I have ten areas.

Found a female Skorupi this evening! Only 3 more species to find, 2 from the Rugged Mountain and 1 from the Sparkling Sea. Also I found two evolution stones this week, so that's pretty good going.

Go straight up. Straight up. Then you'll find the area where Arceus is located.

Damn Rugged Mountain. It says everywhere that Larvitar appears by default in this area, but I've spent two weeks looking for a Larvitar and nothing... in fact, I meet much less Pokémon at Rugged Mountain than another areas. Is there a different encounter ratio for each Pokémon in DW, or I'm just unlucky?

Back
Top Bottom