• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

After literally about 8 or 9 years since my last random shiny.... I was casually headbutting trees, trying to get a male Heracross (I could only seem to get females), when suddenly.... a pink one appears. It was female but I didn't mind at all because I'm so incredibly happy right now. :D

well after literally a year of breeding (masuda method), Finally got my shiny axew. It took something like 2,300 eggs, but it has a 31 attack IV, so it was worth it. I've got it ev trained, and working on leveling it up

In just two days i can show my new treasure.

Japanese Ditto + Mexican Hydreigon + 120 eggs = shiny Deino

View attachment 60795

Hatch from the egg

Imagen 008.jpg

Imagen 010.jpg
View attachment 60794

Some of my failed try's

Imagen 013.jpg
Imagen 014.jpg
Imagen 015.jpg

Last edited:
Well a little over a week after my first random shiny in almost a decade (see above) when I find ANOTHER ONE! In HeartGold just wandering around the Burned Tower when BAM! Shiny Zubat. Yeah it's not my favorite but Shiny Crobat still looks pretty cool and I'm always happy to find shinies!

Pokemon SoulSilver my two Dratini. I was so happy when found them both. One male and the female.

My first shiny was a Duskull in Ruby. I was looking for shinies at Mt. Pyre, and it took me about 3 days, but I finally found one:) it's super weak though but I don't like Dusclops so I don't want to evolve it :p

Last night on my Heartgold Version, I was looking for a modest nature Ralts, and bam a shiny Drowsee shows up. I plan to transfer it to Black whenever i get another DS.

I have a shiny joltik in white. In soul silver, I actually had 3 encounters :) 2 onyx and a tangela. I forgot to save the tangela when I caught it.

I found two shines in one day, was playing emerald a few weeks ago and caught a Shiny poochena and shiny Maghita. And then a shiny oldish. Back in 2007 I had a shiny Mangaton too from Cerulean cave and pal parcked to pearl. I also found a shiny tenatcool, and what's funny is that both the shiny pokemon knew roar and whilwind. Managed to catch without that though. And also a shiny zubat to Crobat. Lost that one when Colosseum died (memory card error.)

I found two shines in one day, was playing emerald a few weeks ago and caught a Shiny poochena and shiny Maghita. And then a shiny oldish. Back in 2007 I had a shiny Mangaton too from Cerulean cave and pal parcked to pearl. I also found a shiny tenatcool, and what's funny is that both the shiny pokemon knew roar and whilwind. Managed to catch without that though. And also a shiny zubat to Crobat. Lost that one when Colosseum died (memory card error.)
Okay, disregarding the horrible spelling mistakes of Poochyena, Oddish, Magneton and Tentacool, what the hell is a Maghita? Do you mean Makuhita?

Lets see. way back on the original silver i had caught a shiny girafarig and a shiny sentret. saw a shiny noctowl but made it faint >.<

Now, i caught a shiny aron on emerald, a shiny golbat on soul silver, and two shinies on white, a clefairy and an absol. Trying for a shiny treecko atm with the Masuada method.

Hey, does hatching a random shiny Onix on the GPX site count lol? Shiny Pokemon aren't as rare there as they are in the games, but they're still pretty dang rare. I'm still working on hatching a shiny Shinx, though I've only been at it for a day or so now. xP

EDIT: Oh, and the Onix has a gen 4 sprite, if that helps.

Okay, disregarding the horrible spelling mistakes of Poochyena, Oddish, Magneton and Tentacool, what the hell is a Maghita? Do you mean Makuhita?
Yeah, I meant that. Sorry, my keyboard at home is not as good as the one I use at school. And yeah, Makuhita. The thing that sucks about it it's quite nature, and I don't really want to train it because of 1,640,000 experience.

I have had some incredible luck with shinies in White. Firstly, I encountered a random shiny Durant while traveling through Victory Road the first time on my way to the league. Later, while on my way to capture Kyurem, I encountered a random shiny Piloswine in the grass. Lastly, I was breeding Barboach to EV train and what do you know? A shiny one hatches and even with the nature I wanted.

I have encountered a shiny deerling which i caught in a premier ball then about an hour later a female shiny joltik but i made it faint :(
I've been trying to capture one ever since

Only random encounter. A shinx when I was leaving from Jubilife towards the rock-type Gym, in the beginning of platinum, I've trained it to lvl100. In the same game a wild Fearow appeared while training my togekiss, but he got a critical hit aerial ace.
A rattata in SS, but I've already defeated Red.
And finally, a male Combee in White.

I have had some incredible luck with shinies in White. Firstly, I encountered a random shiny Durant while traveling through Victory Road the first time on my way to the league. Later, while on my way to capture Kyurem, I encountered a random shiny Piloswine in the grass. Lastly, I was breeding Barboach to EV train and what do you know? A shiny one hatches and even with the nature I wanted.

Wow. I still haven't found a shiny on either my Black or White (though I have in other games; see my previous post(s) for that), no matter how much I've searched. And I'm trying to hatch a shiny Magikarp and have hatched about 60 or so eggs with no luck so far. So congrats to you on being so lucky!

I can't remember if I caught it or not, but I believe I have a Shiny Gastrodon (West Sea). I ran into it one day, but I think I spent like, a half hour trying to capture it. Maybe I just gave up, but I'm pretty sure I caught it.

Wow. I still haven't found a shiny on either my Black or White (though I have in other games; see my previous post(s) for that), no matter how much I've searched. And I'm trying to hatch a shiny Magikarp and have hatched about 60 or so eggs with no luck so far. So congrats to you on being so lucky!

Your not the only one having difficulties getting shiny pokemon to turn up :(

Back
Top Bottom