• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

i just had a thought, perhaps these new games will actually feature more heavily on Triple Battles than the pathetic amount that B/W had :T I mean, for games that introduced the style, there was a SEVERE lack of 3-on-3 battles :/

I'm more of a Rotation Battle man myself really...

That said, well, there's not really much I can say about this announcement except I'm glad its on the DS and I hope we don't have to wait too long for more information.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

i just had a thought, perhaps these new games will actually feature more heavily on Triple Battles than the pathetic amount that B/W had :T I mean, for games that introduced the style, there was a SEVERE lack of 3-on-3 battles :/

I'm more of a Rotation Battle man myself really...

That said, well, there's not really much I can say about this announcement except I'm glad its on the DS and I hope we don't have to wait too long for more information.

i wasn't really focusing just on Triple battles, it's just what i call all 3-on-3 battles lol I'm also quite fond of Rotation Battles as well, personally.

I have to say, I was laughing my a$$ off when heard the news. It was just unexpected. I'm excited, just take all my money.

"Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" are the names of new legendary Poke'mon!!
When I saw the mascots, they looked like fusions of Reshiram/Zekrom with Kyurem. Either the mascots are fusions of Reshiram/Zekrom with Kyurem or a fusion of Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom.

Expect the names to be changed before the english release

I don't see that being the actual in game name of the pokemon. I'm betting it's Kyurem in Black or White form, like calling it "Origin Giratina" or something

I have an idea that these games is what the current anime is based on! Which is why they wanted to quit Team Plasma! Maybe at least!

The funny thing about this was, I was looking at Ice Burn and Freeze Shock and Kyurem today, but it didn't hit me that this would happen.

However, there are MANY possibilities to what might happen here. Hoenn, Protagonists, Unova, Storyline, the future events and how it will play in with the actual playthough (gym leaders), etc.

If the events mostly copy those of BW1, why not let Iris briefly travel with us? Oh, and Bianca, USE YOUR XTRANSCEIVER to contact the Striaton Brothers instead of going by foot! Let them be as epic as the others were!

Not sure what else to say (since I said most of what I've been thinking in my last blog). Although, I will add that I do like the idea of the R/S remakes being included in BW2 (like having N travel to Hoenn). Also, about the release date internationally: I imagine that it will be around Christmas time when everyone does the most shopping. But it fascinating to see that this announcement has already come to here (the US) and other places other than Japan. So it's possible that there could be a simultaneous release of these games worldwide.

Well........it can't be a RS remake...RS took place the same time as RB/FRLG, and BW takes place a few years after GS/HGSS and DP.

Nintendo announces its making huge losses, suddenly, instead of bleeding kids for 3 games, they want to up it to 4. Mr Masuda there is a global financial crisis on if you hadn't noticed. I don't have that kind of money.
But... you don't have to buy both. Nobody has to buy both.

That was the idea behind two games at once way back when. You'd buy one, your friend would buy the other and you'd trade to get the version exclusives, you'd do something social with another gamer. This is no different.

You know what is weird? That Kyurem seems to be combining with Reshiram and Zekrom separately in each. Not that I'm complaining about what we've got, but I can't help but wonder why isn't there just a single, third version with all three dragons combined instead of just Kyurem plus either version mascot.

Well........it can't be a RS remake...RS took place the same time as RB/FRLG, and BW takes place a few years after GS/HGSS and DP.

Well, maybe not RSEmake exactly, but a sequel to the third gen which visits Hoenn further in the future than before, after the events of BW.

So, me and my brother have been talking, and some of the conclusions we've drawn are thus:

Kyurem, being the absence of both Yin and Yang (truth and ideals, in this case) seems to have corrupted Reshiram/Zekrom (henceforth referred to as Reshyurem and Zekyurem, depending on the version).
Note that Reshyurem is the White 2 mascot, despite Reshiram being the mascot for the original Black version. Same goes for Zekyurem corruption in Black 2.
Therefore, N's dragon has been corrupted. Whether it will be salvageable or not remains to be seen, but its likely that this will feature heavily in the plot.

It's also likely that the corrupted formes of Kyurem, due to their fusion, will have boosted stats over the original version, perhaps finally getting 680 stats like the rest of the original Tao trio.

Finally, Zekyurem and Reshyurem likely are both Dragon/Ice typing, despite the fusion with either fire or electric.
This bit of speculation stems from
a) the fact that this is, in fact, Kyurem, and
b) the images shown feature both Reshyurem and Zekyurem lacking their signature generator-like tails. Reshyurem's no longer looks like a burning broom, and Zekyurem's is far more serpent-like than that of the original Zekrom.

We'll have to wait and see if any of this proves true, but for now, this is the theory I'm going with.

I didn't mean that they were including the actual R/S remakes, I meant that I like the idea of bringing Hoenn into gen V by including it in BW2.

Nintendo announces its making huge losses, suddenly, instead of bleeding kids for 3 games, they want to up it to 4. Mr Masuda there is a global financial crisis on if you hadn't noticed. I don't have that kind of money.
But... you don't have to buy both. Nobody has to buy both.

That was the idea behind two games at once way back when. You'd buy one, your friend would buy the other and you'd trade to get the version exclusives, you'd do something social with another gamer. This is no different.

That worked when I was younger, but as you get older, the number of friends you have who still play Pokemon greatly diminishes. If I walk into the office asking anyone if they want to trade a Braviary for my Mandibuzz, I fear there will be confused looks all around.

I really don't get the Hoenn speculations... it'll probably be in Unova some time after the events of the original BW...
And if we'd get to visit any past region, I bet it'll be Kanto (which I also said I'm expecting to see in remakes if we'll get any this gen rather than Hoenn)
BW did a lot of references to gen 1 and Kanto was also always playable in every gen (1-RGBY, 2-GSC, 3-FRLG, 4-HGSS, 5-?...)
The fact we're getting a sequal is also kind of a gen 1 thing, since it was the only one to get sort of a sequel in gen 2 (and as some said here already, "Pocket Monsters 2" was also how GS were originally called...)
Not that I'm saying Kanto will be in BW2 - it'll probably be just Unova - but I sure find that much more likely than Hoenn (and also find Kanto remake games more likely than Hoenn remake games)

I didn't mean that they were including the actual R/S remakes, I meant that I like the idea of bringing Hoenn into gen V by including it in BW2.

Idea: Gabby and Ty go on assignment as paparazzo, stalking Elesa and a Striaton Brother, the rumored it-couple of Unova

Last edited:

@Piplup

Really you think Kanto remakes are more likely than Hoenn ones? HotFireRed CoolLeafGreen? WaterBlue? ElectricYellow?

Why not LandRuby OceanSapphire? Or even include Hoenn in BW2 as the region N was seen flying over on his dragon.

Shit. If this is released around Christmas, I might not get it! I'll have to fight people in stores to get it.

Or I can pre-order it and show up right in front of the game store before it opens.

I was quick to upgrade, I thought the 3ds sucked. In fact, mine has broken already just won't switch on, don't know why, haven't dropped it or anything. And you know what, I'm in no rush to get it fixed if at all. I finished playing a few games on it, and thought right, novelty's warn off now, and went back to playing my old DS games.
Repairs are free within a year you know, provided you haven't used anything like an action replay or modded the system. And if the novelty has worn off for you, you're doing it wrong. Many games that would have never been possible on the DS are coming to the 3DS. I can give you examples, but that shouldn't be necessary. Anyway, it's late for me, and I'm going to go turn in.

@Piplup
Really you think Kanto remakes are more likely than Hoenn ones? HotFireRed CoolLeafGreen? WaterBlue? ElectricYellow?
I always thought ThunderYellow sounded good.

If Black 2 and White 2 really do take place in the "distant region" that N has travelled to (and I really do considering the coincidence between Kyurem's formes and N's dragon being nearly identical in the respective games), then anything is possible. We might very well see some "older" characters in these games just as we had seen Cynthia and Looker in BW

Either way, I do hope that Game Freak has put in a tremendous amount of work into these games so that they can be distinguished from the original BW games.

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon are the CHAMPIONS Oops , wrong franchise?

Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom, DNA Digivolve to... Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom