• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Meloetta quietly revealed in M15 poster: Pikachu short title revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Meloetta quietly revealed in M15 poster: Pikach short title revealed

Completely overshadowed by the Black and White 2 announcement, a new poster for the fifteenth Pokémon movie was revealed today. It reveals the title for the accompanying Pikachu short — and a special guest star, Meloetta!

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Meloetta quietly revealed in M15 poster: Pikach short title revealed

Poor Meloetta! ;; I was waiting for this topic to be covered here...Well, now that she's going to be in a movie short, she'll at least get some screentime...and her plot won't conflict with Keldeo's or Genesect's! :)

This is actually my first time seeing Meleotta. It's um, interesting looking. I guess it'll have a part in the movie(or short), which should prove to be interesting. I hope.

As I said in the thread about this in the anime forum, it could be more than a "short"...
We didn't even have a "short" like that since Movie 6 - so it's weird if they'd randomly start with these "shorts" again after they stopped doing it since Movie 7 till now
I find that more compareable to Movie 14's two versions... maybe for Movie 15 they decided to make two movies again, but this time really different ones (rather than two versions of the same movie) but one will simply be longer (Keldeo obviously) and the other will be shorter (Meloetta) but hopefully not as short as the "shorts" used to be...
Of course, it could still be like the old "shorts" and that they decided to either permamently bring them back or just once for this one movie... I just don't like people randomly deciding things and posting about it as if they know for a fact that's what it is when we still don't really know anything...

@Piplup I totally agree. I expect it will be maybe half an hour or something, and definitely, in the style of the Pikachu shorts, feature a more lighthearted story featuring Pokemon rather than humans.

And I just realized that all those other Pokemon with Meloetta are the first non Gen. V Pokemon we've seen in ages.

What matters to me is that she will most likely be distributed this July. As far as this mini-movie is concerned, Meloetta's role in it may be more sizable than the roles played by some legendaries in previous movies, so it is hard to feel bad for it in that regard. The odd part is that Pokémon Smash just happened to reveal her without acknowledging it; I guess she will be properly showcased next week, but they may wait longer than that to address Pirouette Forme.

Since Spiky-eared Pichu appeared in the preliminary poster for this 15th anniversary special feature, I expect to see her make an appearance, too.

The odd part is that Pokémon Smash just happened to reveal her without acknowledging it;

They did? I thought that poster with Meloetta came from somewhere else and was leaked before it was supposed to be revealed...
Anyway, it'll probably be revealed in the upcoming CoroCoro / next Smash eps

Since Spiky-eared Pichu appeared in the preliminary poster for this 15th anniversary special feature, I expect to see her make an appearance, too.

That would be nice, though better not expect too much... like, Piplup and Togepi appear there near Meloetta but I seriously doubt they'll actually appear in either the Keldeo or the Meloetta movies... seems more like they just threw there the popular Pokémon of previous series, which could've been why Spiky got to appear on that previous poster...

They did? I thought that poster with Meloetta came from somewhere else and was leaked before it was supposed to be revealed...
It was, but then it was also revealed in the episode.

That would be nice, though better not expect too much... like, Piplup and Togepi appear there near Meloetta but I seriously doubt they'll actually appear in either the Keldeo or the Meloetta movies... seems more like they just threw there the popular Pokémon of previous series, which could've been why Spiky got to appear on that previous poster...
Perhaps not all of the characters in the first poster will make it to the final release, but surely at least the ones shown in the new poster (Togepi, Piplup, Torchic, Chikorita, Totodile, Bulbasaur and Squirtle) will. CoroCoro also said the first poster was a hint.

T_T It sucks to be Meloetta right now. Revealed during the Kyurem news rush, and downgraded to starring in a Pikachu short (that will most likely not be seen outside Japan) instead of an actual movie.

It was, but then it was also revealed in the episode.

Really? Then that's weird... I can't see how they'd randomly reveal Meloetta in this way without saying anything...

Perhaps not all of the characters in the first poster will make it to the final release, but surely at least the ones shown in the new poster (Togepi, Piplup, Torchic, Chikorita, Totodile, Bulbasaur and Squirtle) will. CoroCoro also said the first poster was a hint.

Well, I'll totally like it if Piplup and Togepi will be there, since they're some of my top favorite Pokémon, but I prefer to be ready for the worst... I learned not to expect too much, so we'll see...
So far BW really focused just on the new gen's Poké, so it feels weird if they'd randomly showcase all these older Poké... that's one of the reasons I prefer not to be so sure they really will appear

Hi guys I am Meloetta an--LOOK AT ME. I AM KYUREM! I SHALL PRESENT YOU DIRECT SEQUELS, STARRING MY ALTERNATE FORMS! MY FORMS APPEAR IN THE MOVIE TOO! ISN'T THIS GREAT?! THIS IS THE SOLE REASON YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS DAY! THE ONE EVENT YOU WILL BE ANTICIPATING!;_______;

The announcement in a nutshell. Sure it was a poor timing for Meloetta. Maybe if she had been revealed a little earlier in between Keldeo and Kyurem's forms, she wouldn't have been so unnoticed!

Though they ARE revealing plenty of things very quickly... This worries me, as they could run out of content quickly.

Then again, they just announced a different set of games. We don't want the Genesect event to go unused...

Piplup said:
So far BW really focused just on the new gen's Poké, so it feels weird if they'd randomly showcase all these older Poké...
Well, given they won't introduce new pokémon and it'd be boring if they were all the same, they probably will use more older pokémon in BW2.

T_T It sucks to be Meloetta right now. Revealed during the Kyurem news rush, and downgraded to starring in a Pikachu short (that will most likely not be seen outside Japan) instead of an actual movie.
We've seen all the short movies though, haven't we? There just hasn't been a short movie along with the major film for a long time.

Though they ARE revealing plenty of things very quickly... This worries me, as they could run out of content quickly.

Then again, they just announced a different set of games. We don't want the Genesect event to go unused...

I think this is just more "proof" that gen 5 will consist of BW, BW2, and then we will move onto gen 6. If these events aren't "rushed," then they will go unused, if Game Freak plans on making gen 6 come out earlier than previous gen changes.

Well, given they won't introduce new pokémon and it'd be boring if they were all the same, they probably will use more older pokémon in BW2.

I guess games wise BW2 might let us see more older Poké before the end of plot, but I wonder then what that means for the anime... it really did become repetetive to see the same Poké again and again due to them only using the new ones... I'd be happy if this is the start of past Poké slowly getting back into the anime

I feel bad for Meloetta as well. She totally got downgraded and is probably on par with Heatran's legendary status.

I wonder if we'll see both forms in the short? Some images of movie merchandise suggests only one form will appear. I suppose they could always give it an episode on the anime.

We've seen all the short movies though, haven't we? There just hasn't been a short movie along with the major film for a long time.

When was the last one? o.o I don't recall any since the 4Kids days..

I wonder if we'll see both forms in the short? Some images of movie merchandise suggests only one form will appear. I suppose they could always give it an episode on the anime.
Which merchandise? If you're referring to this line, then there are five hidden characters. The red and blue balls probably belong to White Kyurem and Black Kyurem, and so it seems reasonable that the green and pink balls represent Aria Forme and Pirouette Forme. There is still the yellow ball to account for; I wonder if it covers Spiky-eared Pichu, because it would be weird if they revealed it last (aside from Pirouette Forme).

Last time we had a short movie was with Movie 6
The other "shorts" we had since then are ANA shorts which are NOT the same thing and are NOT related to the movies
We'll probably get an ANA short this year too, regardless of the Meloetta movie (which still might be more than another "short"... we really don't know what it is right now, so I wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions)

Last time we had a short movie was with Movie 6
The other "shorts" we had since then are ANA shorts which are NOT the same thing and are NOT related to the movies
We'll probably get an ANA short this year too, regardless of the Meloetta movie (which still might be more than another "short"... we really don't know what it is right now, so I wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions)

Well sorry I don't keep up to date with the bajillion, pointless Pikachu shorts. <_<

Since Meloetta has been revealed at the same time as the new games were announced, I wonder if we might not be waiting as long in this generation for the final hidden Pokemon to be revealed.

Since Genesect is tied very closely to the plot of Black and White, it'd make more sense for it to get a distribution during the lifetime of the BW sequels, rather than (as with Arceus) after the release of other games that have a much less close association with it.

(PS - Meloetta is my favourite event legendary since Mew, and it is a bit of a shame that more isn't being made of her)

Meloetta being revealed today was great to me, it really shook things up by having an event Pokemon like that pop out of nowhere along with BW2 which likewise came pretty unexpectedly.

She'll get her time to shine, just need to wait for the Dragon hype and game hype to go down a little. They likely will showcase her forme soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom