• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW070: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of Iwane detected in that mini-preview and so it feels great that some of the battles in the tournament will be visually amazing.

Eh, might as well post the preview link for easier view, thanks for Playerking for posting this on Serebii.

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2- Pokemon Smash 26/02/2012 - YouTube

And here's the picture links for the lazy, warning, huge picture size:

musclesv.jpg

clownsatoshi.jpg

guygar.jpg

bitchyounolike.jpg

naoshi.jpg

I have to agree with Grave-E, this guy certainly looks like he is going to be Naoshi for Kenyan's Nozomi(or Saori to Kenyan's Shuu). I would really like to see that, it would not only allow Kenyan to show more sides of his character and credibility as a trainer, it would also make him relevant enough to stay post-League, because I like the guy and want to see more of him. Still, I kind of wanted Kenyan to have both Nageki and Dageki, but this is pretty good too. More Dageki and Nageki is always a good thing.

Here's hoping Shooty gets some interaction with others if his rivalry with Satoshi isn't going to get any form of boost whatsoever here(though for the first time around, I can't blame him, when he has a Roubushin and Satoshi is going to get... a Kenhallow). And I hope Cabernet and Langley will interact with each other more than they did in previous DBT here.

As for Luke not appearing, it seems the post about Luke appearing in May might be true:
Serebii.Net Forums - View Single Post - BW072 Scraggy VS Simisage
Dephender said:
Haru-kaa said:
わさびブログに高山みなみと一緒に収録したって話があったな
てことはルーク再登場の可能性あるけど、時期的に5月くらいだろうからドンナマイトではないだろうな

I think this message talk about the Donamite and the Voice Actor of Pokabu.
And also about Luke.

Can somebody translate it, please? :)
She's been doing voice recording together with Minami Takayama, who plays Luke, which means that Luke might possibly be making a return appearance around May or so... though not during the Donamite.

It seem, Trainer can use Only one pokemon in this tournament,
Which is why, Langley using Bisharp in a row !
Then I totally want Scraggy to win this Battle !
What else can make Donamite more exciting ! 4 episode of Ash & Scraggy taking down anyone stand in their way until they reach their finishing point !
If Ash & Scraggy get shut down in their first round then the Donamite will be over for me before it started !
By the way ,STOP LOOKING DOWN ON SCRAGGY
A long time passed since its hatched so it no longer a little guy.
May's Eevee was only a few weak old when it won a contest for May.
So, Why can't Scraggy win this whole thing for Ash !
Scraggy being ignored for a long period of time So wining this tournament can make up for That !

For me personally seeing Zurrug win this tournament would be a disappointment, not because I hate the Pokémon or anything (quite the opposite in fact) but because I think that would just be a repeat of one of the events of the Don Tournament (which I won't go into).

The main thing I want to see is Zurrug having shown some signs of improvement (I think the battle between Vulgina was a good start). A win or two would be awesome, though I'd honestly prefer to see either Langley, Bel or even Carbarnet (however unlikely) to go further and possibly win.

Are we sure that Iris is participating she isn't holding anything.

Also what if the new guy is one of Cilan's rivals? Maybe he could also be an A Class Sommelier.

Eh, might as well post the preview link for easier view, thanks for Playerking for posting this on Serebii.

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2- Pokemon Smash 26/02/2012 - YouTube

I have to agree with Grave-E, this guy certainly looks like he is going to be Naoshi for Kenyan's Nozomi(or Saori to Kenyan's Shuu). I would really like to see that, it would not only allow Kenyan to show more sides of his character and credibility as a trainer, it would also make him relevant enough to stay post-League, because I like the guy and want to see more of him. Still, I kind of wanted Kenyan to have both Nageki and Dageki, but this is pretty good too. More Dageki and Nageki is always a good thing.

Here's hoping Shooty gets some interaction with others if his rivalry with Satoshi isn't going to get any form of boost whatsoever here(though for the first time around, I can't blame him, when he has a Roubushin and Satoshi is going to get... a Kenhallow). And I hope Cabernet and Langley will interact with each other more than they did in previous DBT here.

As for Luke not appearing, it seems the post about Luke appearing in May might be true:

I sort of posted the link here.

I hope Ash and Trip have a lot of interactions here, as well as Ash and Stephan.

Are we sure that Iris is participating she isn't holding anything.

Also what if the new guy is one of Cilan's rivals? Maybe he could also be an A Class Sommelier.

That guy being an A Class Connoisseur would be interesting to me, so I hope that is the case.

Sorry, the new layout just makes the process of linking a lot more confusing. Still, I was lazy and wanted to the see pics for easy reference, so I posted them regardless.

For me personally seeing Zurrug win this tournament would be a disappointment, not because I hate the Pokémon or anything (quite the opposite in fact) but because I think that would just be a repeat of one of the events of the Don Tournament (which I won't go into).

The main thing I want to see is Zurrug having shown some signs of improvement (I think the battle between Vulgina was a good start). A win or two would be awesome, though I'd honestly prefer to see either Langley, Bel or even Carbarnet (however unlikely) to go further and possibly win.
What Repeat ? Ash lose the Don Tournament remember !
I don't consider Langley & Carbarnet as rival to begin with.
Carbarnet isn't even a real Battler , She is a Connoisseur who seek revenge against Cilan.
While Langley's rivalry with Iris is same as Ash rivalry with Angie, Unofficial.
I mean Is there a such thing call Dragon Baster ? Then the trainer who seek and beat Water Pokemon Master should be call Water Baster .
Plus There isn't a place for ''fated showdown'' between Iris and Langley.Like Ash & Paul's place for their ''Fated Showdown'' was Sinnoh league.
At this moment Scraggy has the lowest chance of winning since it only know headbutt & High Jump Kick which is a very risky move.
But that what make more Interesting. Ash winning a tournament with a Pokemon who has 0% chance of winning.
A lot of people saying Bianca should win against Langley however I believe it will be better if Langley win since she's at a disadvantage and then I think she should ask Bianca to travel with her. Since Bianca need's a good traveling Companion who will look after her.
Plus, Ash won't gonna win Unova League , That's confirmed !
At least he can win Tournament like this !
After all, when the 1st time Ash won a SOLO Tournament that lasted in 4 episode ?
Tag Battle Tournament doesn't count since it wasn't a solo tournament & Ash share the credit with Paul .

Let's hope this tourny doesn't have a rule to use only one Pokemon for all battles. :|

http://i.imgur.com/Ufsn6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D9kf3.jpg

New Information.

1. Ash and his friends participate in a battle tournament taking place in Toaru Town (probably from "toaru" = "some", as in "some place", "a certain place"). The tournament is famous for its many Fighting type participants. Having chosen Scraggy, a Fighting type, as his partner, Ash clashes with Acky and his/her "Thorn Monkey" Pokémon, Simisage.

2. Mostly the same, just that the host is Don George and that Scraggy takes some heavy hits from Simisage.

Last edited:
This would have been the perfect time to debut Fighting-type pokemon like Meinshao in the anime. I would have loved to see a Meinfoo or a Meinshao used by one of the rivals, but seeing them use pokemon that they were already shown to have is nice too. Georgia seems to be at a massive disadvantage, though. She is using a pokemon that has two weaknesses to the Fighting-type, which seems to be the most common type of pokemon used in this tournament.

So far it seems that the characters are restricted to just using one pokemon only during the Donamite tournament.

So, I guess it's only natural Iris would use her Doryuuzu.

If Iris is participating in this tournament, she will most likely use her Axew, as this is the pokemon plushie that her cosplayer will be holding for the "Donamite" on Pokemon Smash. It's simply not a matter of Axew being outside of his Poke Ball, either. Ash's cosplayer didn't have a Pikachu plushie on him; he only held a Scraggy plushie, which is the pokemon that Ash will use during the tournament. Cilan is also participating with his Pansage, which is the pokemon plushie that his cosplayer has been holding. Everything seems to suggest that the characters will be using the pokemon that their cosplayers are holding as plushies during the tournament. Since we didn't see Iris hold an Excadrill plushie, chances are that it won't be used here. After all, why would Pokemon Smash provide the audience with false or inaccurate information about how the tournament will commence in the anime?

Ditto.

The purpose of this tourney from the looks of things is to showcase how strong Carbarnet, Langley and Bel actually CAN be, because the last tournament they were great with interactions, but battle wise they were essentially "kicked to the curb." I honestly hope this tournament serves the purpose of strengthening the rivalries, not making them any more pointless that they don't NEED to be. Trip should do SOMETHING interesting or I will lose all hope in his character(if I didn't already), same with Kenyan. That's why this green haired rival looks so interesting. Here's to hoping he somehow becomes Ash's rival, taking the place of Trip :)

I just don't find Kenyan that interesting, hopefully this tournament will change that. I just want Langley, Bel, or Burgundy to win, they should be shown to be superior here, and do some serious fucking ass kicking because it truly would be awesome to see. IDK why, but I already like this green haired rival, he just has that "Paul/Drew" vibe that I'm diggin. It LOOKS like he won't disappoint, but then again looks can be deceiving.

Don Battle 2.0 isn't so bad, if it is a Don Battle Tournmanent Done Right. I do think that this should be the climax for all the tournaments, just enough in time for one last one, maybe right before the League, with more Pokemon being used, which then we will find out who's going to the League, who isn't, and maybe rivalries can be severed? We'll just have to see, but I must say, I'm very excited to see how this plays out.

LOL at Yannappu.

So we know from the another summary that Satoshi/Zuruggu are getting at least one win in this tournament which is good progression for Zuruggu. He went from being very weak in his debut to splitting wins with Monmen, to learning a new move and defeating a Vulgina his evolved form was unable to beat. I'm glad his hard work and training is paying off, though I'd rather not see Zuruggu win the tournament. I think it has a one or two wins in him, but not winning an entire tournament.

LOL at Yannappu.

So we know from the another summary that Satoshi/Zuruggu are getting at least one win in this tournament which is good progression for Zuruggu. He went from being very weak in his debut to splitting wins with Monmen, to learning a new move and defeating a Vulgina his evolved form was unable to beat. I'm glad his hard work and training is paying off, though I'd rather not see Zuruggu win the tournament. I think it has a one or two wins in him, but not winning an entire tournament.

Agreed. This tournament seems like the perfect opportunity to showcase how much scraggy has improved. Its clearly gotten alot stronger since it was hatched. I dont see it winning, that would be a bit of a stretch, specially when there a much stronger pokemon being shown. Id like to see Bianca come out on top here, showing shes becoming alot more competent as a battler. Or even trip winning. I mean, i dont like the guy, but it would seem a bit more believable.

But yea, go scraggy. Any scraggy focus is good focus for me. Hopefully he learns something new

Ufsn6.jpg
Probably not Koharu's but, I'd like to hope so at least XD Kinda feel bad for Yanappu though being on the receiving end of a double slap/Pound from an angry female must not be pretty.

He seems to be getting his shit wrecked, Gochimiru looks fierce. Please I know it's a Fighting Tourney but, no Rock Smash please :p Akki hopefully will be entertaining.

K' so it seems for first round Yanappu will defiantly battle someone if it's a non-important character I could easily see it winning.

Last edited:
It's says that the trainer to Simisage is a CotD named "Acky/Akkie/Akkii". Which is neat that his name comes from "Yanakkii." I'm sure he has siblings named "Okkie" and "Yakkie". Place your bets that he's has a bosozaku/Elvis hair style!

It's weird that it says it's a "Fighting-Type" Pokemon tournament, but some of the contestants aren't even fighting types...what?

It]It's weird that it says it's a "Fighting-Type" Pokemon tournament, but some of the contestants aren't even fighting types...what?

Reminds me that infamous Kanto episode with Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom