• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW070: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akkie, Masaomi, Match referee (of course), Freddy O'Martian, Iris's Excadrill and Burgundy's Dewott are also confirmed to appear in the episode. ^

So Iris is participating in this tournament...not to excited about this. I would like it if she battles Langley or Dento.

Let's hope Excadrill being used early signals and early exit for Iris. Burgundy vs Iris, with Burgundy winning please. That would make my day.

Let's hope Excadrill being used early signals and early exit for Iris. Burgundy vs Iris, with Burgundy winning please. That would make my day.

This so much. It's really interesting to me that the writers keep using Burgundy as a battler and I really hope it leads to her being in the League at the end of Best Wishes. Plus, with all her craziness... Cabernet is still so compelling. She wants so bad to prove herself and she cares a lot about her Pokémon, so I can't help rooting for her, even if she's fighting Dento. Cabernet v Bel is a match that I couldn't decide who to root for. XD

Excadrill getting his ass kicked by Dewott! Would be amazing! Burgundy is a sweet character it's bad she's shown so weak! If U introduce a Rival he(she) should be strong enough! and this is not the case with Burgundy she needs progress so we can take her serious ! so she needs some wins and a win or draw against Cilan!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOESSSS IRIS VS. CABERNET!!!! INB4 RIVALRY DERAILING!!!!!

Nah.........

In all seriousness this battle sounds interesting. As, I expected Iris is using her Doryuuzu despite the Pokemon Smash Cosplayers confirmation. I wonder why "Cabernet" vs "Iris" of all things seems weird. Iris has been training this Doryuuzu since early childhood, she has a very good relationship with it or "taste" *shudders*, she and Doryuuzu have faced some fierce opponents like Langley's Tsunbear and a Dragon Master's prime Pokemon. So, it seems weird to pit this steel mole up against Futachimaru in a bout of strength and training. Especially when you consider this is the same Futachimaru that went down to Yanappu as well as Dento's newly caught Ishizumai and was sent packing by a simple Shell Smash and X-Scissor combo. It does have a type advantage indeed so that could contribute to the battle, but still Doryuuzu is Iris's ace Pokemon and strongest, it's taken on many a formidable opponent and I'm fairly confident at this point Bel is stronger then Cabernet so I'm not sure how the writers are going to handle things. Hopefully, it's not done in a forced way. But, having Iris lose to Cabernet and Dento beat Cabernet just seems really really weird to me like the writers are trying to give the rivalry more depth, fiery, and fire but are gonna use Iris to do it. I don't mind actually, I just hope for a really good battle. Cabernet or Iris winning doesn't bother me, either moving forward would be interesting to see. Just makes you wonder why these two against each other? "Purple Hair Battle!? Iris VS. Cabernet"?

I'm just hoping to see some strategy like the same type seen in Emonga VS. Dageki, strategy, struggle, hard work, and an awesome battle overall :D

Last edited:
Excadrill vs. Dewott is a cool choice for a match-up. Metal claws vs. dual Shell Blades.

Tell the truth, there's a damn fine selection of monsters being used this time around imo. To add to the previously mentioned, there's Druddigon, Simisage, Bisharp, Conkeldurr, Emboar, Scraggy, Sawk and Throh that we know of. Already much better than the Don Battle line-up imo.

Where the hell is Yoshihiko, though? Will he ever get his furry vengence?!

Excadrill is obviously going to win because it's Excadrill.

When was it confirmed that Iris will battle Burgundy?

The summary says Iris's Doryuuzu and someones Futachimaru appear so people think these two will duke it out.

This should be taken with a grain of salt though. The roles listed for each VA will appear in the episode, but won't necessarily be their more prominent role in the episode. For example, Shooti's VA also plays Satoshi's Zuruggu and Bel's Chaobuu (though it may get a new VA upon evolving). Doryuuzu's VA also voices Kenyan's Dageki, etc. For all we know, each competitor lets out their Pokémon at the beginning. Right now, the only matchups we know for sure are Satoshi's Zuruggu against a Yanakkie, and Dent's Pansage against a Gothimiru.

When was it confirmed that Iris will battle Burgundy?

The summary says Iris's Doryuuzu and someones Futachimaru appear so people think these two will duke it out.

This should be taken with a grain of salt though. The roles listed for each VA will appear in the episode, but won't necessarily be their more prominent role in the episode. For example, Shooti's VA also plays Satoshi's Zuruggu and Bel's Chaobuu (though it may get a new VA upon evolving). Doryuuzu's VA also voices Kenyan's Dageki, etc. For all we know, each competitor lets out their Pokémon at the beginning. Right now, the only matchups we know for sure are Satoshi's Zuruggu against a Yanakkie, and Dent's Pansage against a Gothimiru.

What if Gothorita belongs to Burgundy? Or is it confirmed that she is using Dewott.

What if Gothorita belongs to Burgundy? Or is it confirmed that she is using Dewott.

Futachimaru is listed in the VA list, and Cabernet was shown holding a Futachimaru plush toy in the Pokémon Smash cosplay thingie. So it is confirmed.

I'm going to repost what I said on Serebii:
That Ursula Guy Without The Glasses said:
Nice to see that the announcer is back, but shame there is no Emmy or Koharu. But then again, I was expecting too much, so I have nobody but myself to blame.

Masaomi can be used both as a girl's name and boy's name. Hmm... most likely it's the new guy's name. It's probably a joke about his fabulousness.

Also Akkie owning a Yanakkie(Simisage) might just be the worst pun they came up with in a while.

I didn't see the Gothimiru pic on Serebii under all those posts, so nice to see it here. So, Masaomi might be Gothimiru's trainer's name too, which means green haired guy might not have a vocal role in this episode like Takuto[I doubt he is a one-shot character given that Smash guys cosplayed as him(I really need to learn about their names except Shoko who is pretty much everywhere, both in this franchise and others(She apparently cosplayed once as Asuka Langley Soryu. Weird.) Remember, Urara and Kengo didn't even have a cosplayers in GF cosplay episode, though that was also because Sunday's hosts were much less in number than Smash's hosts.]

BEHOLD! PURE EPICNESS coming through! :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
@adyniz Moved it here since it really concerns the first episode and the first round matchups

Woah... hold the phone... on that first picture... It seems like we have the first round matchups on the left... and so that would mean Shooti v Bel in the first round... and this episode has Bel v Langley... well, guess Bel beat Shooti.

tumblr_ldjb3kS4iq1qclarso1_400.gif

Last edited:
@adyniz Moved it here since it really concerns the first episode and the first round matchups

Woah... hold the phone... on that first picture... It seems like we have the first round matchups on the left... and so that would mean Shooti v Bel in the first round... and this episode has Bel v Langley... well, guess Bel beat Shooti.

tumblr_ldjb3kS4iq1qclarso1_400.gif

Ah, derp! Thanks =)

Shooty is... What? Oh o......

Other things: What is that tiny ball of light that Zuruggu is using? Focus Blast? Oh, Girl with twisted pigtails gets a Dragon type and wears a princess dress... Where have I seen this before?. The three monkeys' trainers have matcching hairstyles with their monkey... and what? They're name Akky Chakky and Bakky... LOL...

Also... Damn, that'll be 7 new pokémon that debut in this 3-4 episodes tournament.

Also, the first picture looks like an episode cut, like what we had for the Don Battle with Shooti and Dento's battle, meaning that the first episode of the show probably only has the first three matchup. One thing that's interesting here in the picture is that Yanakki, Gamageroge and Gothimiru's trainers aren't there... Could it be they already lost to Satoshi, Dent and Kenyan in the first ep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom