• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

There's another extended maintenance coming up soon so I wonder if they're adding more to the PGL.

Im sorry, doing ALL of this just for a cgear skin is just stupid. Ive been trying for three days just to get the tucking in to work, now you tell me i have to do some stupid mini game? Not worth it if you ask me. But ill try again when i get to use a computer instead of an ipad

I don't see what's stupid about it, it's not hard at all :Y
The mini-game is so easy that you could practically hold you mouse in one direction, not even look at the screen, and still win, and even then, you only "have" to clear it once, per event dragon.
Honestly the hardest part in all of this is most likely just getting your hands on both dragons :T

Try doing the mini game on an ipad and you will see.

I thought it uses Flash, which the iPad doesn't support o_O
At least, that's what mine tells me :Y

I have an app that is a flash browser

Also, it is stupid how you only get one hour to do this before you are forced to wait 24 hours...

I have early classes tomorrow, so I can't wait all 24 hours without having to wait an additional 9 for me to sleep.

Last edited:
I don't really like the time restriction, either. And then there's the whole daylight savings time debacle, or any time you just change the clock or use a different DS, it makes you wait another 24 hours. Because of this, I haven't been able to use the Dream World since Saturday. >_>

There's another extended maintenance coming up soon so I wonder if they're adding more to the PGL.

Really? One can only wonder.

Im sorry, doing ALL of this just for a cgear skin is just stupid. Ive been trying for three days just to get the tucking in to work, now you tell me i have to do some stupid mini game? Not worth it if you ask me. But ill try again when i get to use a computer instead of an ipad

I don't see what's stupid about it, it's not hard at all :Y
The mini-game is so easy that you could practically hold you mouse in one direction, not even look at the screen, and still win, and even then, you only "have" to clear it once, per event dragon.
Honestly the hardest part in all of this is most likely just getting your hands on both dragons :T

Try doing the mini game on an ipad and you will see.

I thought it uses Flash, which the iPad doesn't support o_O
At least, that's what mine tells me :Y

I have an app that is a flash browser.

Also, it is stupid how you only get one hour to do this before you are forced to wait 24 hours...

I have early classes tomorrow, so I can't wait all 24 hours without having to wait an additional 9 for me to sleep.

I thought that might be the situation. I won't shell out $$$ for that lol

I don't really like the time restriction, either. And then there's the whole daylight savings time debacle, or any time you just change the clock or use a different DS, it makes you wait another 24 hours. Because of this, I haven't been able to use the Dream World since Saturday. >_>

:X I've heard that the DS was only mad about date changes, not time changes, but I decided against finding out for myself :T

How many times can you go the Island of Dreams? I recall seeing some people say three, so after my third visit there I've always chosen a pokemon instead of clicking Return to Home. But if I can visit more times than three, then I'd like to know :3

How many times can you go the Island of Dreams? I recall seeing some people say three, so after my third visit there I've always chosen a pokemon instead of clicking Return to Home. But if I can visit more times than three, then I'd like to know :3

You can go more than that. Keep going back until nothing shows up. That means nothing shakes for Pokemon and there are no sparkles for items.

You can go more than that. Keep going back until nothing shows up. That means nothing shakes for Pokemon and there are no sparkles for items.

O_O Thanks! I didn't know that :D

I usually only go four or five times to the Dream Isle per Dream World visit then choose a Pokemon to send back. I almost never send back items though, I hoard them on my Dream World account. Also I hate not sending back a Pokemon so even if I dont get female Pokemon I'll send back a male I find sometimes. I need to go on the Dream World more. Since hitting 10,000 points Ive lost interest even though every Pokemon available is unlocked.

You get about 5-7 trips, and then after that the areas will stop generating Pokemon and items.

:X I've heard that the DS was only mad about date changes, not time changes, but I decided against finding out for myself :T

Oh no, it's definitely time changes, too. I've changed the time twice on my DS (because of DST), and each time I had to wait an extra 24 hours to use the Dream World.

DST changing causing the DW to wait 24 hours is just as ridiculous as the GTS refusing to accept Marshtomp because the official name including the characters 'sht' in the middle.....

I can see someone changing the time by a lot is bad, but why doesnt game freak have the common sense to know that DST is a real thing or would it screw up the programming if they allowed it?

I can see someone changing the time by a lot is bad, but why doesnt game freak have the common sense to know that DST is a real thing or would it screw up the programming if they allowed it?

They don't have DST in Japan, so it's likely they didn't take it into consideration when programming the C-Gear and the Dream World. Although, according to this map, most of the US and Europe abide by DST.

Does anyone have any tips for the ice-cream scoop game? I finally came across a Chimecho today, but I absolutely suck at its game, so I have no chance of getting a Hyper Voice Chimecho :(

@Blitzle
You could try doing what this person does (use a smaller scoop of ice cream to keep the one you want to stay on from sliding off).
[video=youtube;NrxeXZmJwyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrxeXZmJwyI[/video]

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips for the ice-cream scoop game? I finally came across a Chimecho today, but I absolutely suck at its game, so I have no chance of getting a Hyper Voice Chimecho :(

Stack the scoops vertically, one scoop right on top of the other. That way you can definitely meet the height requirement. Also use the third flavor for either a Lum or Persim berry for the best stickiness and ease of scooping.

Oh dang I got ninja'd. :(

^Nah, you gave him different advice than what that video showed :)

Also, make sure you have a balance of flavors. For example, if your stack has 9 scoops, having 3 scoops of each variety will yield a bigger score than having 6 scoops of one variety, 3 scoops of another, and 0 scoops of the third variety. Last thing is to make sure the size of your scoops matches the bite size the Pokemon likes (which is on the right of your screen)

I have the same problem in the rugged mountain.

My biggest problem is with the 24 waiting period. I haven't been able to get into the DW on my main game in a few months (although I haven't tried constantly, just over the past week or so) because I switch DS' I'm playing it on to trade with myself. I do make sure my main game is always the one switching DS but the 24 hours hard reset period pisses me off. I don't always have a friend around to trade to him and then back to myself. Plus that's just plain inconvenient for both of us.

So does logging in, switching what game is registered, logging out and logging back in. I've just done it so many times to check what times things log in on (cause I can't remember to save my life). It's why I restarted a game I wasn't too attached to last night, to have another Game Sync ID so two of my games aren't in one log-in.

allright, I have decided to re-activate my dream world account for my RNGing project. The problem is: I forgot my username!! Now what?

Back
Top Bottom