• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Half-Pokemon?

Pokémon RéBURST might interest you, then. It does pretty much that.

Certainly not something for the main series though. But I guess the idea of fusing with a pokemon could be worked into a side-game.

Pokémon RéBURST might interest you, then. It does pretty much that.

Certainly not something for the main series though. But I guess the idea of fusing with a pokemon could be worked into a side-game.

Half-Pokemon in the sense "offspring of an human and a Pokemon" i think a pokemon and an human could produce viable offspring if the pokemon is in the humanshape egg group.

Well, I don't quite think that something could be a half-Pokemon, because to me, breeding is incompatible between the two groups. It's true that the Pokemon can breed among themselves, but I am thinking of the analogy of how humans can't breed with apes, or birds.

One big reason I don't think it's compatible is the fact that all Pokemon hatch from eggs, which is different from humans, who bear children in the womb. Perhaps the biggest reason I don't see half-Pokemon through breeding is the fact that you can't have half-and-half of a Pokemon, because when a Pokemon hatches from its egg, it will always be whatever the female species is, 100%. No hybrids, just the female species.

Anyway, I do think that the most we can see on half-Pokemon is Pokemon ReBurst, which looks pretty neat because some designs are rather sleek. It would be interesting to see this concept incorporated on other non-Gen 5 Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

...sooner or later this thread is going to flood with opinions of N - he's "The Child of Pokemon", and there are a lot of people assuming that he might be a half-pokemon out there...

... I think this is a terrible idea for the main continuity but fine for one-off things like Pokémon Reburst.

Well, I don't quite think that something could be a half-Pokemon, because to me, breeding is incompatible between the two groups. It's true that the Pokemon can breed among themselves, but I am thinking of the analogy of how humans can't breed with apes, or birds.

One big reason I don't think it's compatible is the fact that all Pokemon hatch from eggs, which is different from humans, who bear children in the womb. Perhaps the biggest reason I don't see half-Pokemon through breeding is the fact that you can't have half-and-half of a Pokemon, because when a Pokemon hatches from its egg, it will always be whatever the female species is, 100%. No hybrids, just the female species.

Anyway, I do think that the most we can see on half-Pokemon is Pokemon ReBurst, which looks pretty neat because some designs are rather sleek. It would be interesting to see this concept incorporated on other non-Gen 5 Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

Where is it shown Pokemon Universe humans have live birth, as Pokemon lay eggs?
Since fruit-bearing trees lack wombs as well to produce berries, humans cannot reproduce through live birth unless they are aliens.

I'd assume compatabilty with Pokemon if humans are Pokemon descended and produce one the female's Species.
The lines regarding humans and Pokemon being one originally in Canaclave suggest this.

...sooner or later this thread is going to flood with opinions of N - he's "The Child of Pokemon", and there are a lot of people assuming that he might be a half-pokemon out there...

As disturbing as it is, I wouldn't consider it completely outside the realm of possibility. He definitely has some strange abilities that might be explained by this idea, such as being able to hear a Pokemon's voice, claiming to be able to see a person's future, and his ability to heal the player character's party right before the player character battles Ghetsis.

But I think it's highly unlikely that this would turn out to be true.

Where is it shown Pokemon Universe humans have live birth, as Pokemon lay eggs?
Since fruit-bearing trees lack wombs as well to produce berries, humans cannot reproduce through live birth unless they are aliens.

I'd assume compatabilty with Pokemon if humans are Pokemon descended and produce one the female's Species.
The lines regarding humans and Pokemon being one originally in Canaclave suggest this.

Well, where is it shown in the Pokemon Universe that humans lay eggs like Pokemon, and human eggs (the shelled variety) are shown? When you state that "fruit-bearing trees lack wombs", you are implying that by right, they bear eggs like Pokemon, which is not true. Those trees come with flowers, which is the way to produce berries because it would be assumed that with flowers, they reproduce through pollination. It could be assumed that the pollination could come from the same plant because you don't need another tree to produce fruit.

It had not been shown in stories of people who are descended by Pokemon so far, so I can't say something about that. That might be an interesting take on the Pokemon universe, though.

Thanks for reading.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom