• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Platinum-Missing Heatran

It's at level 41 atm.

Oh ok. I'll keep checking for Buck.

I don't know if you're still having trouble with Cresselia, but I figured out that it helps if you paralyze it with a higher level Pokemon. Then, next time you encounter Cresselia, you'll be able to out-speed it and use Mean Look without fail.

I recently decided to try to catch the Legendary Birds and Cresselia in Platinum so I can transfer them over to Black, and I was having a bit of trouble at first, too.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

To what extent can you use cheated items at VGC? I know you can use cheated stat-raising items and Rare Candies, but can you give your team cheated held items?

As long as the items are obtainable in the games trough any regular method and you don't have two or more Pokemon holding the same item on your team,you'll be fine.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I want to have a Special Sweeper Lunatone (Modest) and Physical Sweeper Solrock (Adamant). What would be good be good strategies for both? I would rather not waste my time with Hidden Power but I will if neccessary.

Thanks!

(Gen. V)

I want to have a Special Sweeper Lunatone (Modest) and Physical Sweeper Solrock (Adamant). What would be good be good strategies for both? I would rather not waste my time with Hidden Power but I will if neccessary.

Thanks!

@Igzz: Thanks. I was thinking that. Can anyone verify this for America just to be safe?

So the PGL is down for two day maintenance? I haven't seen two day maintenance before (I've seen a couple of six hour maintenance) could we be getting an update to it? Or is this regular?

I'm not sure if this counts as a "Simple Question", but I was wondering if route 4 in the Unova region is suppose to be an Allusion to the Valley of Ashes from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I saw it as a kind of parallel, just sand instead of dust, and its the pathway between two areas of high human population.

I got it, but it was with the masterball cheat from AR. I'm not gonna go ball nuts though...I still want to battle most mons and catch them the regular way.

Another question....was Snorlax supposed to come back in Heartgold after you re-battle the elite four and champion? He didn't, and IDK if it's a glitch or not.

Guys guys I got a question

Zoroa and Zoroark can take forms of the last conscience pokemon in their party, right?

Then, what would happen if you had two Zoruas? Or two Zoroarks? Would the Illusion ability still work?

Also, if you had a Zorua and a Zoroark on your team, and you sent out Zorua first, will it take form of Zoroark?

OK, so one more Poképark 2 question. To recruit Kirlia, I need to open up every single large treasure chest in the park, apparently. While I thought I had already done so (and yes, that includes the ones at the end of the Lighthouse, Stump, Cave, and Lab), she still won't be recruited. I've tried searching online for a list, but I can't find anything.

Does anyone have a list of the treasure chests in Poképark 2?

EDIT: Well, turns out I was only missing one, and I just found it. Stupid hidden ledges, they get me every time.

Last edited:
Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

@turtlekid

1) yes you can play the game, you just can't grow berries or make a shell bell
2) that depends, go to your house, then to the clock in your room. if the clock stopped at a time between (3pm - 9pm or 3am - 9am) that means its permanently low tide at Shoal Cave, which will allow you to catch Spheal and Snorunt. If not, then you're out of luck there. The other thing you could do is restart and set the clock (to the game, not your DS) to any time between those hours.
3) depending on what you hear it can be easy, though you'd need tri-head screw (not sure of its official name) and of course the new battery. i do believe some soldering is needed (unless you care to only go the electrical tape route) Though honestly i'm not too sure :X

I've had a similar problem with my Sapphire; do you know if the battery can be replaced without losing my save file or completely screwing up the cartridge?

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

@turtlekid

1) yes you can play the game, you just can't grow berries or make a shell bell
2) that depends, go to your house, then to the clock in your room. if the clock stopped at a time between (3pm - 9pm or 3am - 9am) that means its permanently low tide at Shoal Cave, which will allow you to catch Spheal and Snorunt. If not, then you're out of luck there. The other thing you could do is restart and set the clock (to the game, not your DS) to any time between those hours.
3) depending on what you hear it can be easy, though you'd need tri-head screw (not sure of its official name) and of course the new battery. i do believe some soldering is needed (unless you care to only go the electrical tape route) Though honestly i'm not too sure :X

I've had a similar problem with my Sapphire; do you know if the battery can be replaced without losing my save file or completely screwing up the cartridge?

wow quoting a post i made back in July! lol
Any-who, i'm not too sure about R/S, but i do know that in G/S/C if you replace the battery the save is wiped. I can only assume the same goes for R/S :(

EDIT: although, after a little digging i found this answer:
profglitch.proboards.com said:
It is true that GSC rely on the battery to hold game saves, but Ruby and Sapphire keep their saves in flash memory on the cart, and the battery is used only to keep time. Replacing it won’t wipe your save.

So you may still have some hope yet about replacing the battery.

Last edited:

Another question....was Snorlax supposed to come back in Heartgold after you re-battle the elite four and champion? He didn't, and IDK if it's a glitch or not.

I don't think Snorlax can re-spawn after battling the Elite 4. Only legendaries can re-spawn.

On Soulsilver-

Urgh… I reallt, REALLY want to give Aerial Ace to Tyranitar to help cover it weaknesses. But… everyone here is telling me ‘no, that’s not a good idea because Tyranitar is slow.’ Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch, Rock Slide.

I also want to give Scizor either False Swipe (usable in catching Legendaries after all), the ‘quick and respectable’ Aerial Ace (to replace Wing Attack possibly, seeing as it never misses and has the same power? based on the “Turning Swallow Cut” from feudal Japan), or the ‘deadly and dishonorable’ Night Slash (which gets critical hits often, but isn’t powered by Technician, plus… the move it is based on, Tsujigiri, was mainly used by samarai to test their blades, not ninjas which is what I’m going for in terms of my Scizor moveset. Hence her name, Shinobu.)

Sigh…

I don't think Snorlax can re-spawn after battling the Elite 4. Only legendaries can re-spawn.

Sudowoodo respawns, so I would think that Snorlax does too.

Edit: Apparently it respawns at Route 12 instead of in front of Diglett's Cave.

Starting new game, good pokemon to catch along the way?

Hey I am starting my game over again and was just wondering what pokemon teams you guys are using in gen v and getting success with. or just any pokemon who are extremely strong.

Re: Starting new game, good pokemon to catch along the way?

my biggest help through out black were scrafty and liligant! scrafty for dark, ghost psychic, and lilligant and it petal dance made my job so much easier! Petal dance ruled it!
in white carracosta was over achieving ! with surf, rock slide and blizzard for the dragon gym!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom