• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash get a Riolu?

Will Ash get a Riolu

• Yes

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting for his team to have something beside the standard Fire/Water/Grass/Flying, and so on.

So far he only has grass and flying, with no indication that he'll get Water or Fire.

As for Corphish, you're probably thinking of the BF ep where he battled a Crawdaunt. Did the episode you remember seeing have a Dragonair in it?

Whatever Ash gets, it just needs a good personality and good attacks.

God knows I can't sit through Water Gun anymore, thank god Corphish didn't use that.

Whatever Ash gets, it just needs a good personality and good attacks.

God knows I can't sit through Water Gun anymore, thank god Corphish didn't use that.

Ditto. Water Gun, Razor Leaf, Flamethrower... its all old

I know it's not likely to happen, but I'd personally love for Ash to get a Psychic type. ^^

Psychic is my favorite type (next to Electric, of course).

Ditto. Water Gun, Razor Leaf, Flamethrower... its all old

And the sad thing is Turtwig brings Razor leaf back, ugh, I was so happy Treecko couldn't use that move. Probably a reason I don't care about Turtwig all that much.

that, and the fact that he acts like another peacekeeper, only with a bit more attitude (attitude also being something Kimori/evos did, and leagues better at that).

In AIM, my friend brought up the possibility of Hikari getting Riolu.... now wouldn't that be a kick in the balls to the fandom. XD Then again, they'd probably see it as nothing new after the Buizel incident. In any case, it doesn't matter to me who, if anyone at all, ends up with a Riolu. As you probably know by now, I just want some fucking change in this party now that those god damned movie 10 spoilers are out of the way, and seeing as I predict no future party addition will EVER be as bad as Haruka's Zenigame was, ANYTHING will do for me. I swear to god, anything is fine at this point, just give me some damn change (especially to Satoshi's current dullass team). X|

* since Heracross.

That thing doesn't deserve to be called a fighting type, I don't recall it ever using fighting moves in battle beyond it's first one, not to mention it's always seemed more like a bug that fighter personality wise, a straight up fighting pokemon would be a nice refresher after the primeape ordeal.

XD Then again, they'd probably see it as nothing new after the Buizel incident.

Even though i don't care about the buizel business overall i'm gonna laugh my butt off if Ash and Dawn do go through with the trade, since that would probably cause a just as big whiplash if not more so then Dawn catching it.

He should get a Drifloon! As Chatsy mentioned once on TPTF, every episode it could pop up and try and drag Ash to Hell (ala pokedex info on the poke) plus he could be fighting a tough dragon pokemon and send out a balloon XD. That would win :3

I want him to get a good physical attacked. Sure, Sceptile kinda did it, but like Zangoose and Weavile would be awesome going claw to claw, just something that could do some good physical attacks other then ramming into the foe with tackle or an aerial swoop attack. Fighting or a good claw pokemon would fill this job.

If he did get a Riolu, something I've thought about before, it'd be pretty cool. I'm guessing that Lucario/Riolu will debut in the Riley episode, if Riley appears in the anime, and perhaps he'll give Ash a Riolu egg or something.

Ash still needs to get another pokemon and i don't care what it is. He didn't have a fire type going through battle frontier, so perhaps he won't need one for Sinnoh as his choices are basically slim to none.

Hell yeah.

I want to see the Gen. Which possibly means Riolu Egg. But I don't care. I want the Gen!

Riolu -> Lucario is the Pokemon I can see Satoshi with. I can also see Satoshi with a Drapion... or even Fukamaru -> Gabite. But not Gabliarth, nooo.

I can see Satoshi with Riolu. So, I vote yes. But the most important is the GEN!

I think him getting Drapion or Gabit would be major unexpected, but would rule.

A team of Pikachu, Grotle, Staraptor, Ambipom, Hipowdon, and Drapion sounds sweet.

I don't want to answer the "Will he?" question, but I think it'd be great if he did.

I'm aware how annoyingly obsessed many people are with the Lucario evolution line, but I can kind of understand them. Both Pokémon have a wonderful design and can pull off some neat attacks that'd surely look extremely cool animated.

I've been fond of Lucario ever since the eighth movie, and (although this doesn't really concern Ash's possible capture of one) the building of its friendship with Ash was portrayed very nicely.

Lastly, considering most of Ash's team's Pokémon have a rather goofy/comical face, I think it'd be better if he got something more...er, shrewd-looking, just to balance it out.

Silliest reason ever, but here ya go 8D

The thing that annoys me are how people act like getting Riolu means Ash will suddenly get out of his losing streak soley for that and his team right now are horrible losers that will never acheive anything. 0.o

* since Heracross.

Oh yeah. I forgot that Heracross is part Fighting type. My mistake.

Matkin22 said:
So far he only has grass and flying, with no indication that he'll get Water or Fire.

True. I was just thinking of his normal standard of types in his team, not Ash's current D/P team. Ash usually does have those types in his teams.

Matkin22 said:
As for Corphish, you're probably thinking of the BF ep where he battled a Crawdaunt. Did the episode you remember seeing have a Dragonair in it?

I remember seeing that episode, but I don't think that was what I was thinking about. I only remember hearing about someone, in another Pokemon form, saying that his Corphish might evolve in that week's new episode. I'm pretty sure that it was in the middle or towards the end of BF.

I remember seeing that episode, but I don't think that was what I was thinking about. I only remember hearing about someone, in another Pokemon form, saying that his Corphish might evolve in that week's new episode. I'm pretty sure that it was in the middle or towards the end of BF.

Maybe Anabel episodes, when some people predicted Corphish will evolved. Which make sense 'cause Anabel used Psychic types. I must admit I were really dissapointed when Corphish didn't evolved at all and Pikachu once again have his annoying victory moment here.

You know, people are always saying that Hoenn had a lot of evolutions compared to previous seasons, but there really weren't that many.

Pikachu will obviously never evolve
Corphish didn't evolve
Torkoal couldn't evolve
Treecko evolved once
Taillow evolved once
Snorunt evolved once

Three evolutions in all of Hoenn. Yes there were a couple more in the Battle Frontier (Phanpy to Donphan and Grovyle to Sceptile), but in Hoenn itself there were only three (which I guess is still more than the lone evolution of Johto)

^ Considering the only one of Ash's Johto Pokemon that evolved was Chikorita, then yes that is a lot more. 1 evolution for Ash for an entire saga compared to 3 in Hoenn and another two in BF is quite a difference. I think most people count Hoenn + BF together, since its the same series and Ash stuck with the same team sans Torkoal/Glalie.

When you look at Ash's final AG team, they're all evolved or final stage Pokemon except for Corphish:

Sceptile
Swellow
Corphish
Torkoal
Glalie
Donphan

I hope this trend continues in D/P, and by the looks of things it probably will.

Compared to just Kanto though (and not including the evolution-less Orange Islands), when you look at how many evolutions there were in that one short season vs. how many in the 191 episode Hoenn and Battle Frontier, Kanto had many more evolutions.

Caterpie into Metapod
Metapod into Butterfree
Charmander into Charmeleon
Charmeleon into Charizard
Krabby into Kingler
Pidgeotto into Pidgeot

Thats six evolutions in 81 episodes, compared to five evolutions in 191 episodes.

Most people count Battle Frontier in the Hoenn evolution group.

Well Ash also caught a hell of a lot more Pokemon in Kanto. The writers used to have Ash capture Pokemon left and right back in Kanto, they stopped doing that nowadays though and have him stick with small team.

He only caught 5 Pokemon during all of Hoenn, so its not fair to compare that since he had less captures overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom