• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Types should B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem be?

What types should they be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, for the personal bias here, but I hate Dragon types.
I don't hold it against anybody who uses them, but you will pretty much never catch me using them.
I think Legendary Dragon pokemon are obnoxious. I want to see more Legends cover multiple types that does not include Psychic or Dragon.
So Kyurem at this point is just another stupid Dragon pokemon that I could care less about. Consider him caught and boxed.

Dragons have been a staple to JRPGs for a long time, and Dragon types in Pokemon are no exception. That's like saying there shouldn't be Ice types because they stink despite being also a staple to JRPGs.

Saw some previous posts and then looked it up... realized Kyurem stays as Dragon/Ice... boo...
What a disappointment.

It makes perfect sense that Kyurem remains Dragon/Ice. Despite it changing formes, it's still Kyurem. It was obvious it would stay Ice because of Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, but being a Dragon was also what related it to Reshiram and Zekrom, plus physically it IS a dragon!

Chances are though that they will be able to learn Fire and Electric moves in those formes.

Dragons have been a staple to JRPGs for a long time, and Dragon types in Pokemon are no exception. That's like saying there shouldn't be Ice types because they stink despite being also a staple to JRPGs.

Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like the Dragon type. I stated in my previous post that I don't hold it against the game or anybody else for using or liking Dragons. I personally don't like Dragon type. That's just not going to change for me. Talk to me about the logical aspects of including Dragons in a game all you want, that's just not going to change my personal bias against them.

It makes perfect sense that Kyurem remains Dragon/Ice. Despite it changing formes, it's still Kyurem. It was obvious it would stay Ice because of Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, but being a Dragon was also what related it to Reshiram and Zekrom, plus physically it IS a dragon!

Chances are though that they will be able to learn Fire and Electric moves in those formes.

Are you my online stalker? lol
Still it's the same old Kyurem... who cares if he's got a new design and like maybe two brand new moves, it's still regular old Kyurem.
Kyurem wasn't impressive at all in Black and White, and I doubt he'll be any different in the sequels. I will admit, he's definitely got a cool new wardrobe, but that's it.

Making him have a different typing would have been much more interesting instead of just visual changes and a couple added moves. Plus I don't like Dragons so I'm not likely to use the New Kyurem at all. Also, it's just another Legendary. Probably wont be allowed in online play anyways. Once again, New Kyruem forme, consider it caught and boxed for all eternity... and hey, at least I'll have his Pokedex entry...

While Dragon may not be the majority, they make up a sizable chunk of legendaries. A third of all Dragon types are also legendaries.

True, but I was just saying that Dragon is rare anyway, and is suppose to be mythical ie legendary. I guess they can try some other types for mascots though in Generation 6.
They're rare, but when they play a prominent role, that hardly ever seems like the case. It doesn't help that even the weaker representatives of Dragon types are strong battlers (well, maybe not Altaria)

Are you my online stalker? lol
Still it's the same old Kyurem... who cares if he's got a new design and like maybe two brand new moves, it's still regular old Kyurem.
Kyurem wasn't impressive at all in Black and White, and I doubt he'll be any different in the sequels. I will admit, he's definitely got a cool new wardrobe, but that's it.

Making him have a different typing would have been much more interesting instead of just visual changes and a couple added moves. Plus I don't like Dragons so I'm not likely to use the New Kyurem at all. Also, it's just another Legendary. Probably wont be allowed in online play anyways. Once again, New Kyruem forme, consider it caught and boxed for all eternity... and hey, at least I'll have his Pokedex entry...

You sure are quick to judge something before you know anything about it. We know very little about Kyurem's formes right now, so how can you figure they won't be any good? You take your personal opinions of things and intentionally make something look like the worst idea ever. If anything, the fact that Kyurem doesn't change type is more interesting, seeing as how it clearly will have some kind of access to electric and fire moves. Try playing the game and using Kyurem's formes before you decide they aren't worth it.

Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like the Dragon type. I stated in my previous post that I don't hold it against the game or anybody else for using or liking Dragons. I personally don't like Dragon type. That's just not going to change for me. Talk to me about the logical aspects of including Dragons in a game all you want, that's just not going to change my personal bias against them.

Being bias is never a good thing as it'll soon spread through your mind and take full control of it and, as voicerocker said, intentionally make something that looks like the worst idea ever.

You sure are quick to judge something before you know anything about it. We know very little about Kyurem's formes right now, so how can you figure they won't be any good? You take your personal opinions of things and intentionally make something look like the worst idea ever. If anything, the fact that Kyurem doesn't change type is more interesting, seeing as how it clearly will have some kind of access to electric and fire moves. Try playing the game and using Kyurem's formes before you decide they aren't worth it.

Do you enjoy trying to attack me all the time? lol
Also your statement is hypocritical,
You take your personal opinions of things and intentionally make something look like the worst idea ever.
Pretty sure... this is exactly what you're doing in my thread... *wink wink*

As to the whole Kyurem situation, there's a famous saying, "No matter how much you shine a turd, it doesn't change the fact that it's still a turd."
I will end our discussion with that.

Being bias is never a good thing as it'll soon spread through your mind and take full control of it and, as voicerocker said, intentionally make something that looks like the worst idea ever.

Yeah? Well neither is most phobias. It's completely unreasonable, and yet people have them. Isn't it funny how the whole world is just not open minded to everything all the time?(<-Yes this is sarcasm on purpose.)
I don't know anything about you, but I bet you have at least one bias.
Anyways, make social commentary as you please about how I live my life, still dosen't change the fact that I hate the Dragon type.
Also, what's it to you? I said I don't care if there are Dragons in the game and I don't yell at people for liking Dragons. It's just me who doesn't like Dragons. I never put them in my pokemon teams and I auto box them when I play the game. This only affects me, so why does it bother you guys so much? What you can't leave me alone because I don't like the same thing as you? This goes out to Voicerocker as well, why can't you accept that I just don't like everything that you guys like?

Last edited:
[mention]Wiley Willy[/mention] To be fair to Kyurem, odds are it'll get 20 more points added to its BST, to match Reshiram and Zekrom, making it at least marginally better than it is now.

[mention]Ghetsis-Dennis[/mention] It's impossible to be completely unbiased. Personal opinion will always shine through. Bias is why you're posting in a Pokemon forum in the first place. It's why you have a favorite Pokemon and a least favorite Pokemon. It's why you like certain aspects of the game and dislike others. This also translates to real life. We, as humans, form our own opinions about something, and once they are formed, it's nearly impossible to see the world without those opinions guiding you. You can't ask somebody to simply be unbiased. It's not gonna happen.

Now that we know Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are retaining their Dragon/Ice typing, if you wish to discuss the possibilities of Overdrive mode changing their types, there is the Overdrive Mode Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom