• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Yeah. I'm glad she's back and still making drawing. I'm so happy for her..

Hmm..correct me if I'm wrong about this, Is Dueling Heroes part of Season 2? I guess ''The Perfect Match'' and Dueling Heroes are some of my favorite episodes. I really love seeing them battle and the episode title [the Perfect Match] is kinda catchy. XD
Of course, I really going to say that Gotta Catch Ya Later made me so emotional back then when I was ten. And even now, it's one of my best and favorite hints in the series.

Duelling Heroes is season 5. Never thought about that one though, t'is definitely a cute moment if nothing else.

EXCLUDING Seasons 1 and 2, what is your favourite Pokeshipping hint in the Original Series?

Ah, so the Johto region, hm?

Yes, I think those episodes out of the Whirl Cup were rather pleasant for Pokeshipping, and Love, Pokemon Style (where Macy appears) was very comical and cute too. Also, though I never liked the episode as a whole (the Marill was just frustrating, imo), For Crying Out Loud! was adorable when Ash says about finding Misty, not even mentioning his Pikachu, who was lost on that island too, conveying that Misty has, at least, some importance to him.

Duelling Heroes is season 5. Never thought about that one though, t'is definitely a cute moment if nothing else.

Ah. I see thanks. I really don't remember the seasons of some episodes..thanks again:)

For Crying Out Loud! was adorable when Ash says about finding Misty, not even mentioning his Pikachu, who was lost on that island too, conveying that Misty has, at least, some importance to him.

Haha! I love that episode. Seeing Misty with picachu and Ash holding Misty's togepi is so cute. I love how Ash express his little concern. It is still a great episode.

EXCLUDING Seasons 1 and 2, what is your favourite Pokeshipping hint in the Original Series?

Pokemon 2000! It's a movie, so it's technically not part of any season! LOOPHOLES FTW!

But seriously... That's a difficult question to answer. Johto was a bit... vacant of Pokeshipping. I also like the moment from Dueling Heroes, but I wouldn't really call it a hint. I would also say that one where they get separated and the Ursaring chase them around the forest and when they reunite, all Ash and Misty seem to care about is each other (the name escapes me) is up there too. I guess it's a tie between the whole Macy jealousy thing in Love, Pokemon Style and GCYL.

I would also say that one where they get separated and the Ursaring chase them around the forest and when they reunite, all Ash and Misty seem to care about is each other (the name escapes me) is up there too. I guess it's a tie between the whole Macy jealousy thing in Love, Pokemon Style and GCYL.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that one also. 'Forest Grumps' I think it's called.

Also, The Heartbreak of Brock is a good one for those more subtle hints (and no, I don't mean the whole "You and I will be married someday" thing). I remember a bit where Misty is giving Brock advice on relationships, and she says, "Trust me, it's better to like someone who likes you than to like someone who doesn't", and when Brock asks what she meant by that she blushes and says "Err...that's what I've heard..."

picture drop!:

waterlillysquiggles.deviantart.com/art/Now-Until-the-End-of-Time-292150546?

HELLO. THIS IS ANON-

Hey. I was gone for a while. Anyways, I got myself less involved with Poke. What I mean is - I really don't ship and don't feel like it anymore. I will still ship Satoshi and Kasumi, but I will not post here a lot, compared to December. So I may not post here.

Oh, and AAML DP has updated. Won't read 52 too.

And this is NOT an April Fools joke, and I will not rickroll. The end.

Oh, and AAML DP has updated. Won't read 52 too.

Really? It's been a long time since I was waiting for an update about the fic. Hmm..
@firezard, Thanks for sharing the art. It's really cute.XD

Pokemon 2000! It's a movie, so it's technically not part of any season! LOOPHOLES FTW!

If it was the movie, Pokemon 2000 is preferable as a movie hint! haha. Yeah, Forest Grumps is a nice episode. I also love the episode with Macy, Misty's jealousy reflects between them. but it would be nice if we had an episode of Ash being jealous on Misty with another guyxd

HELLO. THIS IS ANON-

Hey. I was gone for a while. Anyways, I got myself less involved with Poke. What I mean is - I really don't ship and don't feel like it anymore. I will still ship Satoshi and Kasumi, but I will not post here a lot, compared to December. So I may not post here.

Don't worry about it, it's happened to most people on here, including me. As long as we're all still Pokeshippers, that's the main thing.

As long as we're all still Pokeshippers, that's the main thing.

Quoted for the truth. Nicely said:)

Has Misty appeared since AG134 ("A Real Cleffa-Hanger"?)

I'm not quite sure. But the mini misty lure did appear in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing though..

Has Misty appeared since AG134 ("A Real Cleffa-Hanger"?)

In terms of her character actually appearing in an episode, no. She just got some minor references via the lure or brief shots in some of the openings.

Misty hasn't had an actual appearance in the anime in 6 years and two generations. AG134 aired in Japan way back in 2005 after all, and its now 2012, so its been quite some time.

The last few post have given me an idea for a new topic:

Do you think Misty will appear in the anime again?

As PokeShippers, I think we all want to see her in the anime again, but like Gliscor'd said, it's been a long time since we've actually seen Misty. So do you think she will actually make an appearance in the anime again?

My answer is yes. Unfortunately, I feel like that she's only going to appear again at the end of the series.

Yeah- if she does, I agree, it'd be at the end of the series, and probably with every other travelling companion Ash has ever had. It'd be hard to find anything romantic, but if they had the travelling companions talking to Ash one-by-one, it'd be easier to extract anything romantic from it...

Hard to say, but still I'm trying to be optimistic and put my hopes .. well.. up.. So Yes maybe.. I'm really looking forward for her cameo if ever she'll have.. at least I'm waiting for a little mentioning moment again.XD

Hey Guys! I bet you don't remember me, but I'm Back! The last time i was on this was new years day!

Hey Guys! I bet you don't remember me, but I'm Back! The last time i was on this was new years day!

Hey PokeFan222! Yep, I do remember you! Welcome back to the thread!

Here's a topic guys!
Excluding or Without the dub-only hints, do you think PokeShipping would still have enough hints?

Last edited:
Excluding or Without the dub-only hints, do you think PokeShipping would still have enough hints?

Yes definitely, there were some dub hints but we don't need them & don't use them towards our fave ship because we have the original ones. & I don't buy into the argument that Pokeshipping was strictly a product of the 4Kids dub. Did they embellish it? Of course. But, seriously, something needs to be there in the first place for it to be embellished.

Besides, the dub sword cuts both ways. For example, The original Japanese ending scene in Pokemon 2000 was way more emotional and shipping-slanted than the English dub. Pokeshipping would be popular with or without 4kids. & in Pokemon Sunday! Misty thinks of only Ash in the original while the dub put her thinking of Ash & Brock.

Yes definitely, there were some dub hints but we don't need them & don't use them towards our fave ship because we have the original ones. & I don't buy into the argument that Pokeshipping was strictly a product of the 4Kids dub. Did they embellish it? Of course. But, seriously, something needs to be there in the first place for it to be embellished.

Besides, the dub sword cuts both ways. For example, The original Japanese ending scene in Pokemon 2000 was way more emotional and shipping-slanted than the English dub. Pokeshipping would be popular with or without 4kids. & in Pokemon Sunday! Misty thinks of only Ash in the original while the dub put her thinking of Ash & Brock.

This. I mean, we would lose what, Jirachi Wishmaker, Heartbreak of Brock, Misty's Song, and the two Christmas songs? Maybe some other minor things. Doesn't seem like a death knell to Pokeshipping to me.

This. I mean, we would lose what, Jirachi Wishmaker, Heartbreak of Brock, Misty's Song, and the two Christmas songs? Maybe some other minor things. Doesn't seem like a death knell to Pokeshipping to me.

Exactly. Excluding those, we still have things like Pokeball Peril, The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, pretty much the entire Orange Island season and Gotta Catch Ya Later (although admittedly 4Kids did tamper with the latter a bit) - in my opinion, the best hints have remained consistent throughout all the dubs of the anime.

Back
Top Bottom