• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff game may keep ...

The spinoff game Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, recently released in Japan and announced for a June release in North America, has been submitted for rating by the Australian Classification Board.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff

....Now why can't Nintendo of America follow suit by keeping the original title. Well, good for Australia then.

Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition submitted for classification in Australia: Spinoff

Because the title is stupid.

Because the title is stupid.

That is highly subjective.

If you want my subjective opinion, "Pokemon Conquest" is stupid. At least the original title tells that the game is a literal crossover, whereas NoA is just taking it as a "nod to Nobunga's Ambition". It's not a nod to, it's a crossover.

Oh Nintendo of America. Why do you have to be the odd child and rename everything? -_-

Uh, hello, American players would get confused if NoA kept the Japanese title. They'd be all like "What the heck is Nobunaga's Ambition?" since it's a Japan only game.

I like Pokemon Conquest better anyway.

Uh, hello, American players would get confused if NoA kept the Japanese title. They'd be all like "What the heck is Nobunaga's Ambition?" since it's a Japan only game.
I think that's the point. To teach them what Nobunaga's Ambition is (since it is not actually a Japan-only game, just has very few non-Japanese releases).

Maybe NoA doesn't want young players to find out that Pokemon is crossing over with a franchise that could potentially be T-rated if more of their installments were released in the U.S.

But hasn't Pokemon already been associated with Teen-rated series due to Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl?

Although The Samurai Warrior and Nobunaga Ambition series do seem to be a little "harder-T" than Smash Brothers, so I think you have a point.

I like Pokemon Conquest better anyway.

Wouldn't the Aussies also get just as confused? Especially since Nobunga's Ambition is even more unheard of down under than here in North America? Just food for thought.

At least the Australian title is keeping true to roots.

Why can't the localisation team(s) just make up their minds and stick to one title? They did a similar thing for Rumble Blast, a.k.a. . . . Super Pokémon Smash or whatever they call it here. *checks* Super Pokémon Rumble. (What, do you expect me to know the name of a game I bought and played?) Last I checked, they didn't fix the spelling from the American version, so why change anything else?

I don't really mind what they decide to call it. The clear crossover Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition title or the Pokémon Conquest title that doesn't mention a virtually unknown series. Just as long as they are consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom